Jordin Sparks: Rumor about Blake 'Makes Me Laugh'

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
American Idol winner Jordin Sparks wants to set the record straight: she and Blake Lewis are not dating.

"It makes me laugh. We went through this whole experience and it's like I can't even look at him that way," she told Elvis Duran and the Morning Zoo on New York's Z100.

But being the subject of gossip isn't the only downfall to her newfound fame.

"I can't really go to the mall anymore," Sparks said. Even though she's tried everything to be able to go out in public and not get recognized – including wearing hats and hoodies – she sticks out "like a sore thumb."

"Everybody sees my hair and then they see how tall I am they're like, 'There's Jordin, right there.'"

Not that she's complaining. "Everything is coming so fast. My life is just turned upside down. But I love it and I want to do it for as long as I can," she told the radio DJs just moments before they premiered her first single "Tattoo."

The track, which describes the scar left when a relationship ends, was one of the first songs she considered for her debut album after winning Idol in May. "I didn't even get through the first chorus before I was like, 'I need to have this song!'"

While Sparks's debut is due in November, previous Idols Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood's Grammy-winning, multi-platinum successes have put pressure on the 17-year-old to make her own mark on the music world.

"They've risen the bar so high and I'm like, 'I hope I can reach it,'" Sparks recently told the AP. "I just really hope that when [my CD] comes out it'll be great and maybe as good as theirs. And hopefully it'll sell well and people will like it."

Meanwhile, Sparks has spent the summer touring with her fellow finalists – including Lewis, Melinda Doolittle, Chris Richardson and Sanjaya Malakar – whom she considers like a "dysfunctional family."

"It's abnormally weird how well we still get along," she admits. "We get on each other's nerves, but, at the end of the day, we're still just like, 'Hey, you wanna hang out?' "

And as for Lewis, 26, he's just been signed to 19 Recordings/Arista Records and is already working on his debut album, due later this year.

Check out the source link to hear the single!

SOURCE

wasnt there a rumor about Carrie Underwood and Anthony Federov season before last?

Back