Julep July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a feeling it would be my turn this month! 
yey.gif

Day & Night Mystery Box version 4 aka "The Whole Enchilada" (with bonus kitteh foot! 
smiletongue.gif
)

17 polishes plus Instant Warming Foot Scrub, Lip Pout in Aroused, Double Duty Makeup Brush, toe separators, and Glycolic Hand Scrub sample

Top Row: AmberFelicityNicoletteSallyEllieEmanuelleMarthaBess

Center Row: Kyla, Monica

Bottom Row: Niecy, Charlie, Nina, Raegan, Charlotte, Lucy, Leslie, Lip Pout in Arousal

yey.gif
Day & Night Mystery Box version 4 aka "The Whole Enchilada" (with bonus kitteh foot! 
smiletongue.gif
) 17 polishes plus Instant Warming Foot Scrub, Lip Pout in Aroused, Double Duty Makeup Brush, toe separators, and Glycolic Hand Scrub sample Top Row: Amber, Felicity, Nicolette, Sally, Ellie, Emanuelle, Martha, Bess Center Row: Kyla, Monica Bottom Row: Niecy, Charlie, Nina, Raegan, Charlotte, Lucy, Leslie, Lip Pout in Arousal
WOW! Is that one big mystery box or what version is that?

I got my mystery box a day early!
Oh man I LOVE your variation! I actually would wear all of those colors! My box came with Nina (orange), Charlie (yellow), Bess (baby blue), Lucy (super dark brown?), and Ellie (mother of pearl.) Ellie is pretty much the only one I'd wear. Let me know if you want to trade for any of them!

Oh man I LOVE your variation! I actually would wear all of those colors! My box came with Nina (orange), Charlie (yellow), Bess (baby blue), Lucy (super dark brown?), and Ellie (mother of pearl.) Ellie is pretty much the only one I'd wear. Let me know if you want to trade for any of them!
I don't really have alot of Julep polishes. I skipped twice and only had one Intro box and June box that's it. I have Ellie, too. The colors if you click on the picture so you can read the labels up close: Monica, Ellie, Kyla, Charlie, Nina, Bess, and Lucy. There are two other color polishes that didn't work out for me are Lexie (Yellow mustard) and one I don't know the name off from my head. It's like army green color. BUT I may want to keep those so I could do nail art and mix up neutrals with brights. Thanks for offering and will do a future trade.

I received my day/night mystery box today. I finally lucked out! I usually get the smallest boxes. I got version 4!! Out of 17 polishes, 6 were dupes. Not bad - still 11 new to me colors (a couple that I have been really wanting). Plus, I kind of wanted the foot scrub and the brush looked interesting. Happy dance!
yess.gif

Two coats of Joanna, one coat of Seche Vite, and a wear story:
The color is undoubtedly off since I took this in the shade, and it's not the best application, but the point is what this is after: two hours of building and taping cardboard boxes. I was *sure* that the tape that kept devouring my hands would destroy whatever the cardboard didn't, and all I see is some tip wear that may very well be related to the top coat. I'm shocked.

Congrats to all the ladies- this mystery box looks like it was an amazing haul- luv the exclusive sparkles

You hit the mother load!

I do like how Julep mixes things up both in regards to colors and amount/variety of items in the boxes.  Nice to see everyone happy with their mystery boxes this month.

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yey.gif

smiletongue.gif
)

17 polishes plus Instant Warming Foot Scrub, Lip Pout in Aroused, Double Duty Makeup Brush, toe separators, and Glycolic Hand Scrub sample

Top Row: AmberFelicityNicoletteSallyEllieEmanuelleMarthaBess

Center Row: Kyla, Monica

Bottom Row: Niecy, Charlie, Nina, Raegan, Charlotte, Lucy, Leslie, Lip Pout in Arousal

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FINALLY did my nails using the Gold Dust set that I picked up in the June Secret Store ... 2 coats of Amelia (pale gold, not metallic) shimmer, topped with Vivien (multi-size glitter). I love it! Just enough sparkle but not totally covered. Then I went back over my ring finger with another coat of Amelia and poured a light gold caviar bed over it. My question is: This is the first time I have used the caviar beads. Would you put Seche Vite over it or would that spoil the effect? 
Went to the eye doctor yesterday after doing this Gold Dust manicure (I ended up putting Seche Vite over the caviar beads). First thing the lady at check-in said was, "PRETTY nails!" Really made me feel good after all the time and effort and money spent the past three months of taking care of my nails (after decades of NOT doing so)! Nothing like compliments to encourage you to keep up what you are doing right!!! Hope you all get a "Pretty Nails" compliment after your latest Julep manicure!

Originally Posted by MrsYaYaMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ahhhh! I came home from the gym to find my mystery box sitting at my front door. I purchased the Big Summer mystery box ($39.99). I got a big one(version 4). 17 polishes, instant warming foot scrub, arousal lip gloss, and makeup brush.

colors from left to right: raegan, monica, kyla, nina, leslie, Nicolette, Emmanuelle, charlotte, Charlie, sally, bess, felicity, amber, lucy, Martha, niecy, and ellie.
17 polishes?!?! OMG, I think you won the lottery!!!

Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i got big box version 1....7 polishes and toe seperators, makeup brush and sample...2 dupes and 2 look alikes from the 9 juleps i already have..... i think ill stick to the monthlys from now on, but i love how the 2 excusives look so far :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh, jessrose18, I'm sorry you got dupes since you only had 9 Juleps. The odds were in your favor that you wouldn't, but that seems to be part of the "mystery" of the Mystery Boxes. Enjoy what you did receive and don't give up!

Originally Posted by easteregg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My big box was great, of course, maybe 10 polishes, but not like the others above.  Oh, the makeup brush does have a nice weight and feel though.  I'm excited for the one labeled suede finish.  Never had one of those before.  Anyway, congrats ladies on the awesome hauls!
Let us newbies now what the suede finish look like, ok, easteregg?

Originally Posted by lynfran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also received - version 4 of the big box Summertime Mystery with the 17 polishes and exactly the same other items described above. My best mystery box ever!
Congrats, lynfran! ENVIOUS here!!!!

sorry to post twice but i forgot to quote. I am totally having an issue with the nozzle sticking. I'm glad it's not just me.
Same here! It was fine for the first few uses and now it gets stuck. I love the product though. Bought another bottle as backup!

Same here! It was fine for the first few uses and now it gets stuck. I love the product though. Bought another bottle as backup!
It does that to me every few uses as well, but I just take the top off, run it under hot running water, pop it back on, et voila! Good as new. This is pretty common with spray bottles.

Latest posts

Back