Julep October 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by lemony007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I applied Casper only to the tips of my nails. I think I used three coats, and they were thick coats, but it worked pretty well. I think like a lot of the glow-in-the-dark stuff I remember from childhood you have to keep it exposed to light. The longer and brighter the light exposure, the longer and brighter the glow-in-the dark.
Thanks!  I'll have to try this again.

Quote: Originally Posted by LinaMingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used my free polish code for Beatrix and since the add on screen came up I ordered the swatch me stickers ( it absolutely kills my OCD that some of my julep's don't have them ) and the mystery add on bag. So now I have 3 julep orders since 10/4, 4 if you count the maven box and I've only recd one of them.

Does anyone know the difference between the standard free 5-10 day shipping and the one they want 3.99 (I think) for that is also 5-10 days. Why would I pay 3.99 for the same shot at 10 days.

Quote: Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't pay the $3.99! You may want to wait til @angismith confirms, but I believe you will still be getting The exact same DHL service available for free. Earlier this month she & I each ordered our free polishes on the same day, & she paid the extra for shipping. We live in the same region, and received our polishes on the same day. I do believe she had her $3.99 refunded & talked with customer service, so she probably has more info.
Sorry I was gone yesterday .... yes, I ordered my free polish voucher and used the $3.99 shipping option to avoid DHL. After days and days of no email, I got through to CS and found out that they had used DHL anyway. They refunded my $3.99 without me asking and stated their policy is now to use USPS for monthly boxes and DHL for online orders.

I got a promotional email for Halloween today. It states you have to pay $5.99 for expedited shipping, but it does not say whether that is through DHL or other. I had said on FB that I was willing to pay a SMALL fee for shipping, but there's NO WAY I am paying $5.99 for a $7.99 polish. I will save my money and use it for the $10 offers that I get for butter London! I loved being a Maven and they are DESTROYING that! Maybe if their polish were superior to another high-end polish, but with the size of their bottles and no sales, they think their polish is worth as much as Chanel? WTH?

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  dahlia and valerie from October rebel set

Beautiful color combo, @jessrose18, and your nails are looking great!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone tried the Edith polish from the Hope Trio yet? I tried mine out last night and do not like the formula of this polish. Mine is very thick with almost a textured look to it. I put the Freedom Polymer Top Coat on top of it which did help but I'm still not loving this texture. Anyone else try it? I'm wondering if all of them are like this or if I just got unlucky with this one.

I just wish it would GET HERE so I could try it! Not out for delivery today either! Ordered on the 1st.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kennelly1017 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think I stumbled into the Spooky Surprise they have been hinting at on Facebook....  I wonder if there will be a promo or add-ons tomorrow. 

http://www.julep.com/the-bogeyman.html

http://www.julep.com/frankly.html

http://www.julep.com/batgirl.html

http://www.julep.com/moonlit-monster.html

http://www.julep.com/flying-fright.html

http://www.julep.com/candy-corn.html

http://www.julep.com/creepy.html

edit:  There are a few others, mostly duos with the various crackle polishes from last year. 

Hey, @Kennelly1017, you are right, you did stumble on something ... I woke up to an email this morning ... see my response below! 

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry I was gone yesterday .... yes, I ordered my free polish voucher and used the $3.99 shipping option to avoid DHL. After days and days of no email, I got through to CS and found out that they had used DHL anyway. They refunded my $3.99 without me asking and stated their policy is now to use USPS for monthly boxes and DHL for online orders.

I got a promotional email for Halloween today. It states you have to pay $5.99 for expedited shipping, but it does not say whether that is through DHL or other. I had said on FB that I was willing to pay a SMALL fee for shipping, but there's NO WAY I am paying $5.99 for a $7.99 polish. I will save my money and use it for the $10 offers that I get for butter London! I loved being a Maven and they are DESTROYING that! Maybe if their polish were superior to another high-end polish, but with the size of their bottles and no sales, they think their polish is worth as much as Chanel? WTH?

I didn't get the e-mail yet! Thanks for confirming Angi. Any special offer along with the sets or just the offer for us to pay more $ to make up for their crappy shipping??

Beautiful color combo, @jessrose18, and your nails are looking great!!! I just wish it would GET HERE so I could try it! Not out for delivery today either! Ordered on the 1st. Hey, @Kennelly1017, you are right, you did stumble on something ... I woke up to an email this morning ... see my response below! 

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

social_text.jpg
like us   tweet us   be inspired   watch how-tos
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Quantities are limited. Taxes vary by location. Order by 10/25/2013 and use expedited shipping for delivery in time for Halloween. Expedited shipping costs $5.99. Free gift offer applies to first 200 items purchased in the Spooky Sets catalog. Gift will be placed in the order upon shipping, and does not need to be added to the shopping bag. No exchanges or returns on free gift, sets, or individual set items.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kennelly1017 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get the e-mail yet! Thanks for confirming Angi. Any special offer along with the sets or just the offer for us to pay more $ to make up for their crappy shipping??
Just the deals on the curated sets. But so many of them involve dupes that I didn't really see anything I really wanted. Esp. with the short period of time that I will have to enjoy them! I really want Casper, but can't bring myself to buy it just for a few days wear ... and I don't go trick or treating ..... I could seriously see ordering this in abundance if I had kids though ... an added safety feature during trick or treating!

I have an almost two year old who is learning colors and loves moms different colored nails! I think he is gonna love glow in the dark. I ordered the Boogeyman set and Batgirl (or the other similar one) last night. Hopefully that will still count toward the first 200 orders. I didn't pay for expedited shipping so I guess I will just be out of season. Oh well!

Just the deals on the curated sets. But so many of them involve dupes that I didn't really see anything I really wanted. Esp. with the short period of time that I will have to enjoy them! I really want Casper, but can't bring myself to buy it just for a few days wear ... and I don't go trick or treating ..... I could seriously see ordering this in abundance if I had kids though ... an added safety feature during trick or treating!

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]

social_text.jpg
[/TD]​

[TD]
[TD]

[/TD]​
[TD]

like us[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]​
[TD]

tweet us[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]​
[TD]

be inspired[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]​
[TD]

watch how-tos[/TD]
[/TD] [/TR]

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]Quantities are limited. Taxes vary by location. Order by 10/25/2013 and use expedited shipping for delivery in time for Halloween. Expedited shipping costs $5.99. Free gift offer applies to first 200 items purchased in the Spooky Sets catalog. Gift will be placed in the order upon shipping, and does not need to be added to the shopping bag. No exchanges or returns on free gift, sets, or individual set items.[/TD]

[/TR]
Thanks for sharing the e-mail. Did you end up ordering the Candy Corn Set? I was looking at that one but too many dups to make it worth it for me.

@Kennelly1017 yep I did
smile.gif
I've wanted Leila for a while and I think Julep has really nice whites.  Not sure about a frosty orange but I like oranges so I figured it's worth a shot for $3 each.  I'm not planning on wearing these for Halloween or anything so I guess no biggie if it takes forever to get here.

Order by 10/25/2013 and use expedited shipping for delivery in time for Halloween. Expedited shipping costs $5.99.

Huh.  So let me see if I have this straight:

Julep is launching HALLOWEEN-themed sets today, but we have to pay "expedited" shipping to ensure that we receive them by Halloween?

ROFLMAO at the sheer, unmitigated gall of that one.

Maybe they should have skipped Halloween and moved right on to the (American) Thanksgiving-themed sets?

Even so ... for a brief second I was tempted (the deal on Casper and those bats is a good one).  But then I checked the tracking for my Secret Store order that I placed on October 1, first moved by DHL on October 4, just got to my state on October 11 and saw that it has now been labeled "MISSENT" by USPS.  Yeah, not going to be ordering one of these, no matter how many "secret" spooky gifts there are.

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Order by 10/25/2013 and use expedited shipping for delivery in time for Halloween. Expedited shipping costs $5.99.

Julep is launching HALLOWEEN-themed sets today, but we have to pay "expedited" shipping to ensure that we receive them by Halloween?

Maybe they should have skipped Halloween and moved right on to the (American) Thanksgiving-themed sets?

Even so ... for a brief second I was tempted (the deal on Casper and those bats is a good one).  But then I checked the tracking for my Secret Store order that I placed on October 1, first moved by DHL on October 4, just got to my state on October 11 and saw that it has now been labeled "MISSENT" by USPS.  Yeah, not going to be ordering one of these, no matter how many "secret" spooky gifts there are.
It mainly means if you order by 10/25,  you have to receive expedited shipping. On the other hand, if you order now, you'll probably get it since processing time is ~10 business days (usually an average of 7-8 business days) so you would still get FS

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep.  I was thinking about ordering a set but then I checked my mystery box order tracking.  And it still hasn't moved out of Washington.  Nope.  Not going to get anymore more if you ship DHL.

FWIW, the site had been wonky all day, not giving Mavens free shipping. I just called them and they said it should be fixed now, but if you're still having problems, give them a call. I just placed my order over the phone, and they even gave me my coupon code and made sure I got free shipping. It was a nice experience.

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  FINALLY got my missing Beatrix, and more candy corn LOL I looooove looking at Beatrix, it's so sparkly!
YEAH! I LOVE Beatrix. She is seriously BEAUTIFUL! I ordered her with my free nail polish coupon. 

Am I going crazy because I didn't see that orange crackle color in the email promo picture. Nvm. Found it. I looked at swatches and disappointed it looks very dull on the nails. Is it so much to ask for neon crackles? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Am I going crazy because I didn't see that orange crackle color in the email promo picture. Nvm. Found it. I looked at swatches and disappointed it looks very dull on the nails. Is it so much to ask for neon crackles? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Nails Inc sells neon crackle polish. It's on sale on sephora.com. They have an orange, a pink, and a green.

@Kennelly1017 yep I did :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've wanted Leila for a while and I think Julep has really nice whites.  Not sure about a frosty orange but I like oranges so I figured it's worth a shot for $3 each.  I'm not planning on wearing these for Halloween or anything so I guess no biggie if it takes forever to get here.
Karen in the Candy Corn set is more of a golden peach shimmer. It's really pretty, but not really a true orange. A lot of these sets have dupes, so I'm not too thrilled, but the Boogeyman set and the set with the orange crackle are pretty intriguing.

Would you believe my orders showed up today after all? Not together though. We have a new mail lady and she had to double back around with my second box. Everything was perfect until I started pulling tops off to swatch the tops. Dear husband was helping and he wants you all to know that this is HIS fingers in the picture and not mine because he doesn't want anybody to think that his wife has fingers that look like that! His words, not mine ... Macho still lives). This is FINA. It broke off at the glass while removing the cap for swatching ... second time it has happened to me with Julep, so be careful ladies when you try to pull those caps off .... Shelby in Customer Service filed my report AND swapped FINA for CASPER since it was on sale today in sets. She did ask if I could send her a picture of the bottle. I totally understand why they have to ask for this and I got if off to her right away. But if you're wondering what FINA looks like:

And here is what else I ordered: Hope Trio (Edith, Avery, and Evie), Kylie, and Marion, and across the top - Nail 911.

My stuff too got delivered today... BUT somewhere else! Someone around here is enjoying my zig zag box and my 2 Nail 911 *sighs* Even tho I was super disappointed with the mystery box I still wanted it since I paid for it. Now to see how I get this issued solved :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Latest posts

Back