Julep October 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm... Unless there's a great extra-special add-on not on that list, I think I'll stick with It Girl and add Valerie, Cleopatra (although I might end up skipping this one because black is boring to me), and Stevie. I had been planning on upgrading, but the beauty products aren't compelling, and Classic with a Twist colors are *not* me.

ETA: They nailed It Girl for me this month. I don't normally wear magenta on my fingers, but that teal shimmer makes it funky enough for me.

I'm pretty sure the special add on this month is casper

I'm not crazy about the colors... I want Stevie just because of the name. But I'm so sick of yellows/oranges in the Boho Glam box!

For the first time since May (that was my first free box), I haven't skipped. I picked It Girl and added Beatrix and Valerie (but that might change).

After skipping last month, I was really pleased with this month's selections.  I did switch to It Girl, as I'm not a big fan of kajal-style eyeliners (they tend to run on me, not matter what) and I'm liking those colors for fall/winter.  I added on Cleopatra, Beatrix and Valerie.

It's my first Julep order since they started shipping from NJ (which is where I live), so although I'm dreading DHL complications, maybe the fact that the polish shouldn't have to travel more than 125 miles even if it's coming from the furthest point in the state will offset any DHL issues.

Maybe I have polish overload because I'm not really that excited about any of the colors. I almost wanted to buy it just because I've skipped so much, but that is just silly! I'm not wowed by the beauty items either...have plenty of both.

Meh...I skipped.

I just got my first free box yesterday and I love the colors! Now I'm trying to decide whether to skip this month or go ahead and get a box. I'm kind of broke this week so i'm thinking I might just go ahead and skip, lol. I am really interested in the Cleopatra and Casper polishes though! Is there a limit to how many boxes you can skip?

I will NEVER again say anything about skipping a month before I see the colors....I ended up loving this collection so much, I upgraded to the full collection for the first time!  Ouch!

I started with It Girl, and had such a hard time picking add-ons...then I became intrigued by the black mask (even though I know Boscia has something similar)...so I realized it would be cheaper to just upgrade!  This is the first month ever that I've loved every single color (except for the yellow)!  I even added Beatrix and Casper!

I like this collection a lot.  I'm going to have a hard time deciding what to get. 

Although, I know I won't get my regular Boho Glam - more yellow, really?!

funnily enough, i added on that yellow...i just dont have one that is a shade like that!  I chose it girl with Dahlia and Casper!  

Undecided still... I'm liking Boho Glam and Casper is neat! However, not sure I need another eyeliner and definitely do not need another clay mask. Hmmm...

This is a nice collection. I'm thinking It Girl with Valerie and Beatrix added on. I like the beauty products but I am overloaded with black eyeliners and skin care stuff right now.

Quote: Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  funnily enough, i added on that yellow...i just dont have one that is a shade like that!  I chose it girl with Dahlia and Casper!  

LOL - it is a pretty yellow.  

But I just got Catrina last month in the It Girl box.  Plus, I have 2-3 more yellows and they're all from Julep.  I just feel Julep overdoes it on the yellows.

I have no idea where Sept went but Oct selection window snuck up on me like the monsters on haunted hay rides. I think I'm in this month after skipping 4 or 5.

I'm excited! This only my second month, and after seeing the eyeliner I was thinking I'd skip. I'm CWaT, but I'm going with It Girl this month. Added on Casper and Beatrix. I'm sure I'll add something else too. I have to add though, I was getting an error message this morning and it was saying to call. If I had to call in, I was canceling.

I think this is a really good month, just nothing really for me.

I'm okay with that. I think it's fine to give Julep its kudos on the collection. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind and order It Girl (which is really gorgeous), but it seems easier to just wait for a better set/set. I was also thinking of ordering something from last month again just to get another face wash and pick up Karmen. ^^;;

I'm interested in the scrub, but I'll wait for reviews until I buy. Then again, origins has some really good GWP right now...

What about the Julep matte top coat being offered as a $9.99 add-on? Has anyone used it before? Would love to hear what people think of this before I buy.

Quote: Originally Posted by magictodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What about the Julep matte top coat being offered as a $9.99 add-on? Has anyone used it before? Would love to hear what people think of this before I buy.
I'm not a fan. It seems like weird dried glue over your polish. I don't know what I was expecting. For some reason i expected matte layers to mattify your polish, not settle as a matted layer OVER your polish. Maybe my expectations are the problem.

BUT I have a BNWS one (I got one last year and then another one in a mystery box) so if anyone is curious lmk.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm... Unless there's a great extra-special add-on not on that list, I think I'll stick with It Girl and add Valerie, Cleopatra (although I might end up skipping this one because black is boring to me), and Stevie. I had been planning on upgrading, but the beauty products aren't compelling, and Classic with a Twist colors are *not* me.

ETA: They nailed It Girl for me this month. I don't normally wear magenta on my fingers, but that teal shimmer makes it funky enough for me.

Me, too, meaganola! Although, on behalf of yellow haters everywhere, I am intrigued by Dahlia, the first yellow I've ever really thought I wanted. But It Girl did, indeed, nail it this month with the army green and titanium metallic for me. I was starting to thinking I was going to have to skip, looking at all those eye pencils in each box, until I scrolled to It Girl. This is the first month, though, that I have not been looking for the open Selection Window since becoming a Maven. I found the link on Facebook. Now, WHEN will we get them? Before or after Bondi, if you are a Maven and a Bondi Girl???

Latest posts

Back