Julep October 2014 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are out of Shailene, Cat decals and possibly some/all of the It Girl polishes, so if you picked any of those they are waiting to ship until they get more.
I hope they aren't out of the mask because I opt for 2 mask instead of nail polishes (one for my mom).

I never got a shipping notification but my box turned up yesterday. (Canada.)  Shailene and the cat decals were all there.

The free gift for taking 3 add-ons in my case was 2 polishes: Karmen (dupe, sold to a colleague for $2), and Catrina, a radiation-suit yellow. Can't even give that one away...

I did try the overnight mask last night and liked it. My skin is really taking the brunt of my bad eating while I've had this dang cold, so it can use all the nourishment I can throw at it. How does everyone else like it, those of you that got it?

I never got a shipping notification but my box turned up yesterday. (Canada.)  Shailene and the cat decals were all there.

The free gift for taking 3 add-ons in my case was 2 polishes: Karmen (dupe, sold to a colleague for $2), and Catrina, a radiation-suit yellow. Can't even give that one away...

I did try the overnight mask last night and liked it. My skin is really taking the brunt of my bad eating while I've had this dang cold, so it can use all the nourishment I can throw at it. How does everyone else like it, those of you that got it?
I haven't tried the the mask on my face yet. But I did swatch it on the back of my hand & it feels really nice & left my skin super soft. I plan to use it during the winter months, I just have a lot of skin care products right now.

Your box made it to Canada faster than OH to MN....lol!  Still waiting for mine, should be here tomorrow.

I've used the mask two times now and i like it! It definitely leaves my skin super smooth and I see some brightening effects the next morning, which is nice. 

I've used the mask once, and it's too early to tell how well it works for me, but I'll describe it as best as I can. The consistency is nice and creamy. It's very easy to apply, and a little goes a long way; the tube probably contains 20-30 uses. When I put it on, it did feel like it was suffocating my skin a bit, but it wasn't terrible like some oily sunscreens. The one thing I don't like about it is the smell. It's mild enough to ignore, though, so it's not a deal-breaker.

In my one use, I didn't notice any brightening, smoothing, or firming effects. But, interestingly enough, I did notice that all the pores on my cheeks were cleaned out once I washed the mask off, which I would say was the masks's doing. My non-sensitive skin did not experience any irritation effects, so I can't say if it is irritating to people with sensitive skin or not. I'm definitely going to continue using it to see what other magic this mask can work, especially if I can get some pore-cleansing effect out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was one of the ones with that 3 month deal.  I ended up getting charged $65 for a 3 month renewal.   I emailed them and explained that I had tried to cancel earlier but the CS rep (i gave her name) had said the system wouldn't let her cancel me and that I could do it in October by the 24th.

They refunded me the 3 month renewal price and put me on a month to month plan so I could use all my Jules for a free box.  The rep was really nice about it.  I was expecting a bigger fuss, I must say.

I got my October box as well and I am so in love with the Glam Roc :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm SO irritated!!! my julep was supposed to be delivered today but instead my tracking says this:

"We attempted to deliver your item at 3:49 pm on October 11, 2014 in SEATTLE, WA 98199 and a notice was left because the receptacle was full or the item was oversized. You may arrange redelivery by visiting http://www.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

​except there was NO notice left anywhere. furthermore…I have gotten julep for MONTHS AND THEY HAVE NEVER PUT IT IN MY MAILBOX. It doesn't fit so they ALWAYS leave it on the floor under the mailboxes or they walk it up to my unit and leave it at my door. Why didn't they do that this time? Furthermore, I can't use the website because every time I fill out a redelivery it won't submit, it won't say if I"m missing anything (and I'm not!) and it won't submit. AND if I call I can't get it either because I don't have the flipping number on the notice because THERE WAS NO NOTICE LEFT.

ugh why is this happening?!??!

I'm SO irritated!!! my julep was supposed to be delivered today but instead my tracking says this:

"We attempted to deliver your item at 3:49 pm on October 11, 2014 in SEATTLE, WA 98199 and a notice was left because the receptacle was full or the item was oversized. You may arrange redelivery by visiting http://www.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

​except there was NO notice left anywhere. furthermore…I have gotten julep for MONTHS AND THEY HAVE NEVER PUT IT IN MY MAILBOX. It doesn't fit so they ALWAYS leave it on the floor under the mailboxes or they walk it up to my unit and leave it at my door. Why didn't they do that this time? Furthermore, I can't use the website because every time I fill out a redelivery it won't submit, it won't say if I"m missing anything (and I'm not!) and it won't submit. AND if I call I can't get it either because I don't have the flipping number on the notice because THERE WAS NO NOTICE LEFT.

ugh why is this happening?!??!
You probably had a sub delivering to your place today instead of your usual post person.   If you call the number they should be able to look your name/address up in the system if you don't have the number from the slip.  Also, if they can't for some reason, they can tell you which post office has it for your area, and you can go and show ID and they'll be able to give it to you right there.  The post office web page sucks all the time, calling would be quicker.  Although since Monday is a postal holiday, you wont get help in any way until Tuesday, and they'll probably re deliver automatically Tuesday (at least down here in Los Angeles they usually do, lol).  

I was one of the ones with that 3 month deal. I ended up getting charged $65 for a 3 month renewal. I emailed them and explained that I had tried to cancel earlier but the CS rep (i gave her name) had said the system wouldn't let her cancel me and that I could do it in October by the 24th.

They refunded me the 3 month renewal price and put me on a month to month plan so I could use all my Jules for a free box. The rep was really nice about it. I was expecting a bigger fuss, I must say.

I got my October box as well and I am so in love with the Glam Roc :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Something similar happened to me, except they were renewing my 3 month deal at the $59.97 price which is what I paid last time.

When I selected my October box I was pretty sure that I was out of prepaid months so tried to select jules to pay. The website did but let me and insisted this month was already paid for. Yesterday I checked my bank account and saw a pending $59.97 charge from Julep. I haven't bought anything besides monthly boxes for several months so I had a feeling it was a renewal at a strange time of the month -the 11th. I called in and the representative (who was nice and helpful) confirmed that this was a 3 month renewal and said that it also covered the October box which was not prepaid. I explained that I knew it wasn't but the system would not let me pay for the box with money or jules and I had screen shots to show it (I KNEW this would come back to haunt me). I was told there could have been issues when they tried to bill me the first time. I said that there was just no way, I know there were plenty of funds available and I think Julep was aware too. I don't believe they would have sent me my box 2 weeks ago if they were unable to charge my card. I'm sure they were going off their system which initially said it was prepaid and then it must have caught up so they billed me 2 weeks later. The representatives idea was that I keep the charge and use up all my jules on add ons. I let her know I didn't want to do that and that I wanted to use my jules for boxes. The resolution was to refund my $59.97, Jules were taken for the October box that I already have, and I was switched to monthly so I can use more Jules for the next box.

All in all I was on hold for about 50 minutes and spoke with the representative for 4 minutes total.

I don't think I'll do the 3 month prepay again, it was just too inconvenient to waste time calling in to be switched to monthly which is the only way the jules can be used. I'd just rather pay an extra $15 over 3 months with the monthly plan. If it was a quick phone call I'd be all about it, but not when it took 54 minutes.

I got my box in the mail yesterday.  Shailene looks different in the bottle (I don't see much purple) than what i was expecting but I haven't tried it yet so that remains to be seen.  I opted for another Gel eye pencil, I really love those!  I really like my box, after the whole Jewel Heist debacle...I wasn't sure if I even wanted to continue with Julep. But, I have 2 more months with them, so I'll stick it out and hope for the best!

I sent an email to the cancellation address because I am lazy and wanted to see if it would work.  I know they aren't technically doing it that way anymore but they don't know that I don't know that.  I did get an auto reply back so it seems to still be a working mailbox.

My Shailene is also super thick but it's still usable with a little thinner. @ it shows up on the nail a super pretty purple with lots of gold sparkle.  Super happy I got it.

I upgraded to the entire nail polish collection and didn't realize until last night that I was missing one of the polishes (Tia). I emailed them and they told me that was never part of the upgrade and was only available as an add-on. 

Is this new? I guess I thought that when I saw a full collection upgrade, it actually meant the entire thing. Just something to keep in mind if you're wanting to upgrade in any future months. 

I have to say I'm pretty irritated and I think I will cancel after my three-month subscription is up. Just feels like they are deliberately being misleading. I *like* their polishes a lot, but I have no interest in doing business with a company like this.

I upgraded to the entire nail polish collection and didn't realize until last night that I was missing one of the polishes (Tia). I emailed them and they told me that was never part of the upgrade and was only available as an add-on. 

Is this new? I guess I thought that when I saw a full collection upgrade, it actually meant the entire thing. Just something to keep in mind if you're wanting to upgrade in any future months. 

I have to say I'm pretty irritated and I think I will cancel after my three-month subscription is up. Just feels like they are deliberately being misleading. I *like* their polishes a lot, but I have no interest in doing business with a company like this.
They have been doing add on exclusives for a while now, even on the full upgrades.  Full upgrade these days usually means just the core collection and main product.  They got cheap, lol. 

I sent an email to the cancellation address because I am lazy and wanted to see if it would work.  I know they aren't technically doing it that way anymore but they don't know that I don't know that.  I did get an auto reply back so it seems to still be a working mailbox.

My Shailene is also super thick but it's still usable with a little thinner. @ it shows up on the nail a super pretty purple with lots of gold sparkle.  Super happy I got it.
 Thanks so much!  I can't wait to try it.  

Tia was indeed an add-on.

When I selected my October box I was pretty sure that I was out of prepaid months so tried to select jules to pay. The website did but let me and insisted this month was already paid for. Yesterday I checked my bank account 

All in all I was on hold for about 50 minutes and spoke with the representative for 4 minutes total.

I don't think I'll do the 3 month prepay again, it was just too inconvenient to waste time calling in to be switched to monthly which is the only way the jules can be used. I'd just rather pay an extra $15 over 3 months with the monthly plan. If it was a quick phone call I'd be all about it, but not when it took 54 minutes.
You are absolutely right that the 3 month makes it far too difficult to use Jules.  They need to fix that issue.  

I am horrified you had to wait 50 minutes on hold.  That...  They should be paying YOU for your time at that point!

I just used the [email protected] email.  BUT I think it was easy for me because of all the people who had called earlier with the same problem.  So they knew what they did and instead of just blanket fixing it, they're waiting for each person to call in.  Or hoping their customers just stay subscribed to avoid the horror of sitting on hold for half their life.

I just used the [email protected] email.  BUT I think it was easy for me because of all the people who had called earlier with the same problem.  So they knew what they did and instead of just blanket fixing it, they're waiting for each person to call in.  Or hoping their customers just stay subscribed to avoid the horror of sitting on hold for half their life.
Which is why the BBB gave them a F rating. Hopefully people will also complain to the WA ATG to force Julep to change how cancels are handled.

You are absolutely right that the 3 month makes it far too difficult to use Jules.  They need to fix that issue.  

I am horrified you had to wait 50 minutes on hold.  That...  They should be paying YOU for your time at that point!

Ok, I am new to Julep and I am totally confused about the Jules.  I have over 2,000 Jules and I signed up for a 3 month sub.  November will be my last prepaid box and then I wanted to use my Jules for a Dec. box and then cancel my sub (I don't want my 3 months to auto renew)...so, how do I go about this?

Back