Julep September 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn I shouldn't have called.  At first she said I had 2 more months of boxes coming, which was awesome.  Then she said "wait hold on, I'm confused, I have to check something"  She came back and said there was a computer glitch the day I signed up and for some reason people were getting double the credits they should have.  So then she said if I take the September box I would be charged.  I told her it sucked not knowing that last month because I would have used my Jules then and she said yeah, I know, but you could get a free add-on this month but you have to pay for the box.  She apologized for all the issues and said 'it's been a rough couple of months'.  Ha ha, I totally agree.

So I just canceled.  It was a good run Julep!

Fair warning to those of you with that $18 3 month sub - don't call them unless you have too!  You SHOULD have 2 more months of boxes coming then.  Good luck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edit:  Just checked my account and yes I am canceled.  The box options don't show up for me anymore.  Kinda sad because I do like Julep but then again I have got SO MUCH polish now from all different brands and many untrieds to get through. 
I will "ditto" that.  

I called and cancelled. I just didn't have a good feeling about it, and the last thing I want is future Julep drama. I know I wasn't supposed to get the deal I got to start with, much less another 2 extra boxes? I fear that they would discover the error much later and try to charge me, bill me, etc. I guess I just needed to clear my conscience. It felt like a black cloud hanging overhead.

Someone just found a glitch in the Julep app that shows the mystery polish for the Girl on the Go box as Kendra it looks like:

10386358_10152648669754596_7707877773925453140_n.jpg
Hmmmmm now I don't know if I really want it. Looks like a dupe from an October color I got in my box. Don't remember the name though. 

I called to switch to a month to month sub and was told I have to wait until I use up all of my prepaid credits. I also got the 3 month/$18 sub. My account says my box is paid for and after this month I will have no months left in my sub. She said to call back in September and they can switch my sub then.

I wasn't thrilled with the colors this month, but since I can't skip I went with Mahima, Mary Lee and Fifi. I used some Jules and added Ana.

I called to switch to a month to month sub and was told I have to wait until I use up all of my prepaid credits. I also got the 3 month/$18 sub. My account says my box is paid for and after this month I will have no months left in my sub. She said to call back in September and they can switch my sub then.

I wasn't thrilled with the colors this month, but since I can't skip I went with Mahima, Mary Lee and Fifi. I used some Jules and added Ana.
So you got the same sub as me, but your September box was listed as paid for and mine wasn't?  WTF Julep.  So frustrating that the rules are changing from person to person.  I totally would have gotten a free add-on last month if I had known that was my last month.

I am always so anxious calling them to cancel.  They have been really nice about it though.  I just feel weird when I do it

The next 3 months will have some finishes that "has their whole office dying"
And, there we have it, my friends, straight from the horse's CEO's mouth: the whole office is dying. Truer words have never.

And that explains it better than anything I'd been able to come up with: the entire CS has been staffed by zombies. Got it. 

I switched mine.

Went with It Girl. Maybe I can get used to Fifi. Added on Mary Lee, Ana, and Queen Anne instead.

I still want Quinn, Lupita, and Kirby. But, I cannot get the whole shebang. Blah.

This collection has been the only one since Feb that's been right up my alley.

And, they just had to sucker me in too. By using the name that I use as my online alias here and almost everywhere else (I'm a girl. But, I use Ryan Chamberlain because it's the name of my favorite old school villain on the soap General Hospital) and then also making it green. My favorite polish color. Be still my heart.

Ana's gonna look good on top of Mary Lee. I just know it. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: And, one of the main reason's I grabbed Mary Lee is because she's a perfect mix of Lupita and Quinn. It's like they had a baby. And, it looks good. Seems to be a favorite too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say I think Jane Park is weathering the storm the best she can under the circumstances.  This does not excuse what has gone on, but she has at least

-Taken personal responsibility

-Acknowledged the problems and proven herself to be in touch with the problems and not just a total figurehead

-Personally responded to the problems in more than one way

-Been at least relatively honest about the problems

-Attempted to make it up to the impacted mavens (albeit, as we are seeing,not always successfully)
I wish I could be so Pollyanna in my outlook -- unfortunately I'm a tired, aging and bitter cynic.   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That all disclosed in advance . . . after reading through the comments on the blog post by Jane . . . too little, too late.  I don't think it's coincidence this statement / accountability / come to Jesus moment occurred the day before the window opened for the NEXT month's orders .  Or that "the future's so bright..." Q&A occurred the day of.

Jane is the Cheerleading Executive Officer.  Cheerleader's gonna cheer.

So you got the same sub as me, but your September box was listed as paid for and mine wasn't? WTF Julep. So frustrating that the rules are changing from person to person. I totally would have gotten a free add-on last month if I had known that was my last month.
Apparently consistency is not their company motto :/

I think this comment left on Julep's blog (Jane's statement) deserves to be shared here.  It's very well-written and thought out.

...  I feel the problem lies in the add-on prices. After customization came out they raised add-on prices $2 overall. Because of this, it became cheaper for people to upgrade to Polish Lover's and/or Ultimate; Which means the system Julep currently uses to inventory their stock [Which is looking at everyone's default boxes and assuming everyone gets the box they are normally assigned] is ineffective. Now more people are wanting more colours, and they're running out.

It's a horrible way to inventory, for sure, but I can only hope they've learned their lesson and are NOT going to inventory that way again.

Julep needs to decide if it's going to be a commercial make-up provider, an in-company nail salon provider, or a limited edition collection raffle company. Right now, it's presenting itself as the first option, using itself as the second, and coming off as the third. You can't sustain a company, or garner repeat customers, by creating 2 polishes of each colour for every 10 people that want it; And you definitely can't sustain or garner by creating new products monthly and failing to keep stock of older products long enough to satisfy the demand.

There clearly is one, and well deserved; But Julep needs to decide if they're a company for collectors, or a company for users. Which means starting with better inventory numbers, longer product stock, better customer service, and more realistic short-term goals ...

Scratch that - my "shipment" just got here and I wish I'd never opened it.  I got one of the stupid make-up boxes.

Keep in mind I ordered the Polish Lover's upgrade.  The one and only time in my full year as a Maven that I've done so.

Two out of the three polishes I own already.  They didn't even look at a profile.  They just tossed crap in a box.  The polishes were Valerie (got it), Padma, and Diamond Theory (got it).  Then another crappy Mighty Nail pen -- I've had to send two of three back for being defective.  I'm not in the mood to play roulette.  And Freedom Top Coat.  I believe this makes the 4th time they've tossed that in something.

I am so furious I can't even talk in a normal voice.  My husband is on the phone with them for the safety of our children.  (Well not really.  But yeah.)

I decided if I'm going to have to deal with it, I might as well have a little fun with it...

So I'm sending my own carefully curated 'complimentary box' right back to Julep today:

Click the image above to see the text / items larger - and you may have to click on the image in your browser window as well to make it even bigger.

All better now.   :smilehappyyes:

I decided if I'm going to have to deal with it, I might as well have a little fun with it...

So I'm sending my own carefully curated 'complimentary box' right back to Julep today:

Click the image above to see the text / items larger - and you may have to click on the image in your browser window as well to make it even bigger.

All better now.   :smilehappyyes:
haha  - at first I thought they ACTUALLY SENT YOU THAT??? Then I read that you put that together for them!! 

haha  - at first I thought they ACTUALLY SENT YOU THAT??? Then I read that you put that together for them!! 
:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  - Yes, that is my (parody) return gift going back to them for sending this in lieu of my Polish Lover's Upgrade:

Valerie (already had it), Padma, Diamond Theory (already had it), another Mighty Nail pen, and Freedom Top Coat

Edited to say:  They billed my card on week 3 (after 2 weeks of calls) - telling my husband they would run the charge through the next day and send a shipping notice.  We got the shipping notice assuming I'd be getting at least most of the full collection (only India was in doubt according to the rep).  They took my $51.00 and sent the above on the very same day!  And now I may see that refund in "10 or so days"...

that is great.  Maybe they will get a clue. I am so sorry so many of you are having issues with julep.  Since I skip for the most part, that is why I never noticed and this is an eyeopener.

I hope they don't mess up september's box

I skipped this month.  The colors arent that new to me- Kirby was really the only one besides the glitter/ana that stood out to me, but it wasnt worth paying for a whole box plus pricy add ons to get them.

Julep is really losing me.

::sigh:: I dunno.....I definitely agree with most of you, I feel like I've seen these colors before! I really do want to try the lip products though, as I've been LOVING their recent beauty products (their Blank Canvas primer and eye primer are some of HG products at the moment and their eyeliners are to die for! I wore them during a serious workout and they lasted the entire time!). I'll probably regret it later, but I used my Jules for the Bombshell box and three add-ons (Ana, Ryan and the Plush Pout in Almond Nude). Yeah, if I didn't have those Jules, I probably would have skipped. I've seen it all, Julep, come on! Blow us away already!

I have chosen the Girl on The Go box, but now I am iffy on it...because the dry shampoo has gotten bad reviews on Facebook.  What do you people think?  I have also read that people think Julep is just trying to rid of old product.  I chose this box because it looks like the best deal.  But if the dry shampoo is not going to work, or only work once, I may end up skipping :/ any feedback is good help guys! 

I have chosen the Girl on The Go box, but now I am iffy on it...because the dry shampoo has gotten bad reviews on Facebook.  What do you people think?  I have also read that people think Julep is just trying to rid of old product.  I chose this box because it looks like the best deal.  But if the dry shampoo is not going to work, or only work once, I may end up skipping :/ any feedback is good help guys!
I have received the dry shampoo in a mystery box. It sprayed once then never again. It is completely useless if you cannot get the product out

I have a bottle and I liked it but I only tried it once and it clogged up and I couldn't get it to unclog

Latest posts

Back