June 1, 2014: What was your first makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AH, those mini lipsticks! I was obsessed with the Pink Fantasy shade.

My mom was also an Avon rep for years and years. She always let me pick a few things out of the catalogs. I remember really liking their nail polishes for some reason. And they had these glittery cream eyeshadows that came in pots..I had all of those. Hair mascara. Lip glazes. I probably still have some of that stuff somewhere!

Sour Grape Lip Smackers!  I had completely forgotten about that flavor!  I loved that one.  The weird thing about the lemonade ones is that there was a pink one and a regular one, and only the pink one made me sick.  Oh, and Orange Crush Lip Smackers were a problem, too.  Um, yeah, I have a history of barf-inducing migraines triggered by scent.  Oh!  And Fruit Punch!  Those were a different problem in our house:  My kid brother would *eat* them.  Anyway.  Bonne Bell is still around, and now they do a lot of actual makeup.  Eyeliner, mascara, blush, bronzer, and lipgloss.  http://www.bonnebell.com/

And Kissing Potion!  I had forgotten about those, too!  Loved those.  I really wish those were still around.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first real makeup was a palette by Pupa, similar to this.

Before this it was a small compact by Estée Lauder or Lancôme (can't remember), translucent pressed powder in a gold compact. The top had my zodiac symbol in small crystals. I loved it.

The Pupa angel was the product that began my makeup journey.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I remember stealing my sisters Cornsilk pressed powder compact. Then when I was a teen I used Covergirl foundation and compact, the one that smells like acne cream. My favorite til it was discontinued was Maybelline Moisture Whip liquid foundation.

The first makeup I USED was my mom's dark brown Helena Rubinstein Mascara... I'm pretty sure I was 13 and we were on summer vacation at my gram's house in Spain. The first occasion I remember getting my first own makeup on was my parents taking me to a MAC counter for my birthday. I picked out their "Stars and Rockets" and "Creme de Violet" eyeshadows. Idk why I was so into purple back then, haha ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Apart from lip balms, I only got into makeup this year!!! It was from the Hepburn Bb cream from oasis beauty, its so perfect.

I only use it when I want to pamper myself. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> *blush*

My first make up was probably Lancome lip linear . I used to adore it and that how I got hooked on makeup!

My first makeup was Mary Kay. My mom was a consultant and I needed something to cover my breakouts. After years of using it, I discovered that liquid makeup only made it worse.. I'm so thankful now for mineral makeup!

I don't remember if my first makeup purchase was the "Lasting Perfomance" foundation by Max Factor or the "Masterpiece" mascara by Max Factor. My mum had both products already :) 

[SIZE=12pt]I love makeup so much and my first makeup is honey & black seed soap. Generally we put a lot of thought into first-date wardrobe choices putting a lot of effort into looks that say “effortless” yet it’s our faces, our dates will be staring at most. I hate wet [/SIZE]lips, and it wears off pretty much instantly .I purchase my all makeup products from Beautifullady.us .and I really love it so much. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I originally got into makeup when I got my first bottle of nail polish when I was 4, I think it was Wet N Wild nail polish. From there I started to borrow books from the library about makeup, hair, etc. and I've been addicted to makeup ever since :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My first make-up was Viva Cosmetics. (a your own label brand). They were quickly shut down by the BBB in 1995.

What made me get into make-up? I hated my job at the time, I was a Quality Assurance Technician at an industrial beef processing facility. So I answered an ad in a newspaper... The ad said "Wanted, make-up artists for photoshoots, weddings and TV, will train." I thought if they were going to train me, then hells ya. The rest is history...

Hi!! My first makeup was those lipsticks that were green or blue but when you put them on the color was a pink or red color.  I cant remember the name of them now..I think it was by wet & wild. lol

Bonne Bell was my first, too!  Except mine was some type of lipgloss.  Then, I branched into other drugstore makeup brands like CoverGirl and Maybelline.  My first higher-end purchase was BareMinerals foundation, followed by the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette.  From there, it's really taken off and I own products from just about every brand now.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back