Just a tip to make your eyelashes full and long.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lash snipping trick is one of the most popular beauty myths I guess XD But you have to undertsand that lashes are lifeless like your hair, your lash follicles will not "know" that you're cutting the lash tips, therefore they will not be stimulated to grow thicker longer lashes.

People may think that the trick works because the lashes look thicker, but then the tip of the lash is always much finer than the rest of the lash, so if you cut off the fine tip of a lash that has not reached its final length, the thicker middle section will now become the tip, and as the lash goes on growing, of course it will look thicker! But the final length should be shorter than it could have been because the tip was snipped off. So don't wield a pair scissors near your eyes!

Basically the thickness and length of your lashes are dictated by your genes, even applying lash tonic is unlikely to effect the growth(if it did that would have been cellular interference, wouldn't that be scary?). But on the other hand, keeping the lashes moisturized with beneficial ingredients could prevent breakage.

I am not brave enough to snip off the tips of my lashes, and even if I do, I think I will end of with very short(almost no) lashes.

Originally Posted by LVA /img/forum/go_quote.gif thx for the tip. In China (i think it's china) Moms snip off their babies lashes in hopes that it will grow longer .... gasp .... i'm too chicken to do it Yeah, trust me, snipping off your lashes does not work. When I was in second grade I cut off my eyelashes and most of my eyebrows and they grew back the same. Then, about 4 years ago, I was using one of those little trimmers (magic touch or something) and was trying to touch up my eyebrows, but I forgot to put the guard on it and end up cutting almost ALL of my eyelashes off of my right eye! I worked at Lowes then (a home improvement warehouse, for those who don't know) and had to wear fake eyelashes every single day for about 3 months till they grew all the way back!

I am going to try the AV and I'll report back in about 3 weeks. i'll start 6/19/08

I'm allergic to aloe vera.
frown.gif

I'm going to try this starting tonight, since I don't have any castor oil. I will take some pictures through the next couple of weeks!

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm allergic to aloe vera.
frown.gif
oh don't worry, you can still cut off your eyelashes and let us know how that goes.
7dh.gif
;]

Well I will try it and like we say in my country in beauty sometimes you have to sacrifice for a little pain but if it works I would let everybody know.....

OHh I will certainly try the Aloe trick. But I can't cut mine as then I would have nothing left. I have the shortest stumpiest lashes ever. It's even hard to get mascara on them. So I hope the aloe trick works.

Thank you for the tip.

Rose

I've read of cutting the lashes to make them grow but I don't have enough as it is to risk it. The aloe tip I definitely would try.

Snipping off a young kids lashes thinking it would make them longer...I am skeptical. Being that they are so young, how would you not know if they were not to grow long and thick on their own? I think hair growth is all in the genes. I don't think there is a magic formula to make it grow any longer than its intended potential. With that said, I do envy ladies with long lashes. Hate you all...kidding.
smile.gif

The aloe part sounds great

cutting my lashes of NO WAY

im sceptic about this also...if mothers in china do this why do most chinese girls i know have short straight forward lashes...

And doesnt lashes act in the same way as the hair on you haid?

by cutting of the end it will only make them look nicer

but maybe lashes act differently....

i have thin fine hair, when i was a kid my mother kept my hair cut short because someone had told her cutting my hair would make it grow thicker.....i turn 38 this year, and i still have thin fine hair

dont cut your lashes off, this will not cause them to grow any differently

I looked it up and everything i found said the trimming technique will NOT work.

Latest posts

Back