Just some questions.. :D

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doe

Reaction score
Hey..I just a have a few questions and i was wondering if some of you can answer them for me.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

1. Is baby oil gel good for removing make up because i read somewhere that if you use it to remove make up you wont get so many wrinkles because it will hydrate your skin.Is this true or shall i just go buy some eye make up remover?

Can i use it on oily skin?...will the oilyness go away after i cleanse?

2. What are MAC pigments..they just look like a tub thing of loose eyeshadow to me..lol..any help in explaining their use?

3. Which Mascara is better:

+YSL faux cils

+Lancome hypnose

+Diorshow

4. How do i get this look for my eyes?((I dunno who this person is..lol))

Ok i'll TRY to answer your questions doe!

1. I heard that its a good make up remover & i tried it once before but i couldnt handle the oil on my face. Not sure if its better than other make up removers though so hopefully someone else can answer this better for you!

2. MAC Pigments are loose powder shadows & they can be used on eyes, cheeks, lips, almost all over the body! (some are not eye safe though). Now when i say cheeks & lips i dont think people would be applying Golden Olive (green) on their lips but they have neutral colours like Vanilla that people love to use as a highlighter etc.. Check out the Picture Gallery for some pics of them! And i'd recommend buying samples off eBay before buying full jars of the pigments. Some sellers sell 10 colours for $25 and each sample will last 25-30 uses. If you are thinking about buying samples then i'd recommend the seller Kanachan on eBay!

3. Personally YSL Faux Cils is my fave but everyone on here will have different opinions. I've used Hypnose before and thought it was ok but i much prefer Faux Cils. I havent tried Diorshow so i cant compare.

4. I cant really see exactly what e/s the girl in the pic used but she overloaded on black eyeliner on her top lash line, lower lash line & lower inner rims. I think a GEL e/l like MAC Blacktrack Fluidline would work well for this look. It looks like she used an almost white colour highlighter on her brow bone too. Try MAC Vanilla pigment for that!

Hope i was of some help & if you've any more questions just shout!

Originally Posted by Laura Ok i'll TRY to answer your questions doe!
1. I heard that its a good make up remover & i tried it once before but i couldnt handle the oil on my face. Not sure if its better than other make up removers though so hopefully someone else can answer this better for you!

2. MAC Pigments are loose powder shadows & they can be used on eyes, cheeks, lips, almost all over the body! (some are not eye safe though). Now when i say cheeks & lips i dont think people would be applying Golden Olive (green) on their lips but they have neutral colours like Vanilla that people love to use as a highlighter etc.. Check out the Picture Gallery for some pics of them! And i'd recommend buying samples off eBay before buying full jars of the pigments. Some sellers sell 10 colours for $25 and each sample will last 25-30 uses. If you are thinking about buying samples then i'd recommend the seller Kanachan on eBay!

3. Personally YSL Faux Cils is my fave but everyone on here will have different opinions. I've used Hypnose before and thought it was ok but i much prefer Faux Cils. I havent tried Diorshow so i cant compare.

4. I cant really see exactly what e/s the girl in the pic used but she overloaded on black eyeliner on her top lash line, lower lash line & lower inner rims. I think a GEL e/l like MAC Blacktrack Fluidline would work well for this look. It looks like she used an almost white colour highlighter on her brow bone too. Try MAC Vanilla pigment for that!

Hope i was of some help & if you've any more questions just shout!

Thanks so much for answering all those questions...i'm really interested in YSL faux cils mascara because it got so many amazing reviews on MUA..and you love it so much((you use it in all your looks in your notepad))..but heard it dries out quickly for such an expensive mascara
icon_sad.gif
..is it this true?
confused.gif

please do not use baby oil to remove makeup is will cause milia.

Originally Posted by doe Hey..I just a have a few questions and i was wondering if some of you can answer them for me.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

1. Is baby oil gel good for removing make up because i read somewhere that if you use it to remove make up you wont get so many wrinkles because it will hydrate your skin.Is this true or shall i just go buy some eye make up remover?

2. What are MAC pigments..they just look like a tub thing of loose eyeshadow to me..lol..any help in explaining their use?

3. Which Mascara is better:

+YSL faux cils

+Lancome hypnose

+Diorshow

4. How do i get this look for my eyes?((I dunno who this person is..lol))

Originally Posted by MARIAN please do not use baby oil to remove makeup is will cause milia. What is milia?

Originally Posted by doe What is milia? They are little cysts that pop up.. You dont want them. I would not recommend baby oil either, its so hard to get off the eyes and then you risk traumatizing the delicate skin of the eye area.. Use a cosmetic remover..

MAC Pigments: I just love these. There are powdered colors that can be used almost everywhere. However, some colors are NOT eye safe. You have to check on MACCOSMETICS.COM i believe for the list of which is safe to go where. I have a slew of pigments now and can't believe i didn't use them before. I use a base first, such as a paint, which is a sheer swipe of color that can be built up and used as a shadow. I use Stilife, Bare Canvas and Shimma most. Just a sheer layer helps keep the eye safe pigments on and no creasing. I also use them under regular e/s.

Actually, i dont use any of those mascaras.. Sorry.. can't help you there.

The truth is that they are actually really effective, but it is a really bad idea to use them! They are petroleum based and do not break down with water. This means they will leave a film over the eye and you will find that eye make-up will have a hard time staying in place. Runny mascara, mobile eyeliners, and creasing shadows are just some of the problems using these products will cause. Try instead a non-oily eye make-up remover . These will break down with water and not cause all of the aforementioned problems. yes it will clog your pores...breakout...breakout...breakout.

Hey..I just a have a few questions and i was wondering if some of you can answer them for me.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Instead of using the oil for your eyes you might want to try aloe vera gel. I've heard that it is really gentle and soothing. I shower at night so I just wash off all my eye makeup in the running water.

For the smoky eye look you should check out the makeup tutorial threads here on the board!! A bunch of the talented ladies put up instructions and pictures to help you do different eye looks.

It is great to meet you, doe!

Thanks girls.I definalty wont use baby oil as a make up remover,Thank god i only used it once
tongue.gif

I first use Biore cleansing wipes on my eyes to get most of the makeup off, then I'll wash with a regular cleanser... and follow up with another wipe if needed. I have somewhat oily skin to begin with, so I dont' want to use anything to add MORE on there! lol
wink.gif

I only own a few pigment samples (thanks to Pauline! :icon_love) and they seem really neat! The colors are very vibrant, but since they are loose, they can be a tad messy. So you just have to be careful in your application that you don't sprinkle some all over your face
wink.gif

I agree with Laura on the girl in pic's look... seems like a white'ish color on the browbone, a light grey shadow maybe, and fully rimmed in black liner. I think maybe a pencil kohl or Powerpoint might give you more of an effect... and you can smudge it a little to get that smoky look
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back