K-Beauty Subs & Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I don't see it mentioned there is another new subscription Meikoko BCDation box. I got the first box and liked it and I'm in for the second one.

I'm not sure about it, though. It's $16.95 and has one full size, 3 deluxe size samples and then some foils. The deal is that there will always be a new BB or CC cream for you to try. The first box had a full size BB cream which I liked so the box worked out for me. 

We'll see how the second one goes. 

I managed to randomly win some contest they were having and got a box of kbeauty at my doorstep. I had no indication whatsoever that I won but afterwards I saw an announcement on their instagram. With my full name printed. Urgh. I may ask them to remove that. They didn't know who I was so they couldn't tag my bitsandboxes insta. Feedurpassion saw it, though!

I saw that sub and I wish they would have another option without the BB/CC cream. I don't want a sub that tells me I will get one every month! I really hate BB/CC creams!

Omg, I love them and it's part of the reason I was so happy to subscribe. But I noticed they now say that the BB/CC cream could end up being a foil packet. Which means it'll still be there but not part of the box value, really.

I know she seemed pretty receptive to feedback so hopefully the second box will have evolved a little bit.

beautibi.com

This isn't a monthly sub box, but more like Memebox, where you can pick the boxes you want.   They opened up about a month ago and I got their Yes Summer box to review.   They have Korean, Japanese and Taiwanese brands  - I am putting my review of the yes summer box inside the spoiler tag, cause it is long.  I also purchased their Summer Travel Essentials (because I HAVE to have that mini bottle of My Beauty Diary water - that stuff is great and I just finished my big bottle)  and am waiting on that one.   There are no affiliate or referral links in the spoiler

Beautibi approached me the other week to see if I would be interested in reviewing one of their boxes.  After looking at their website and reading up on their services, I happily accepted as Beautibi looks to be a great addition to my Asian skincare obsession!  Beautibi is similar to Memebox, as that you pick the boxes you want to purchase and it is not on a monthly subscription, but it differs from other K-Beauty boxes, as it isn’t just featuring Korean brands, but also Taiwanese and Japanese brands too!   I rarely get to branch out to different Asian skincare brands, so I am really happy to try this and perhaps introduce you to a new Asian Beauty service!

Beautibi not only has box selections (click here to view current boxes), but also a shop as well that carries Korean, Japanese and Taiwanese brands.  They do not yet ship their boxes internationally, but all of the store items can be purchased and shipped internationally at this time.

Pronounced, “Beauty + Be”, “bi” in Japanese means “beauty” and at Beautibi, we focus on not only being beautiful, but feeling beautiful by taking care of everything, inside out. Beautibi’s mission is to introduce the best skincare products from Asia and make it easily accessible to the rest of the world. We focus on the quality and effectiveness of every product before it is released to Beautibi users. We also want to make skincare and makeup affordable, so we are always looking for products that fit different lifestyles. We recommend patch testing products, as we know not everyone’s skin will react the same to every product.

Beautibi’s box and packaging is probably the best for any subscription box that I have tried.  The box is a beautiful  geometric design in shades of aqua and the tissue is a lovely pale aqua, with shredded aqua and beige tissue inside the box.  The box is very sturdy as well, and would be great to use a gift box.  Beautibi also gives samples with every purchase, including their boxes!

My Box Revealed

Informational Card

Beyond Very Berry Indian Gooseberry Cleansing Foam (Korea)  I have never heard of Beyond before, despite having a K-Beauty obsession!   The type of cleanser I could have received was randomly selected from Blueberry, Cranberry and Gooseberry and I received Gooseberry.  Foaming cleansers are tricky, as they usually have a high pH level and whereas I will and have used cleansers as high as 8, I try not to go over that ~ the exception being Secret Key Honey Bee AC cleanser.   This cleanser does have a pH level that looks close to 10, so I will use it as a body wash, which is fine ~ I go thru body washes a lot faster than facial cleansers!  It is a personal choice with pH levels and if you like or don’t worry about pH levels, you can use this on your face.  It smells wonderful ~ I don’t know what Indian Gooseberries are supposed to smell like, but it is a very berry scent and it does lather up beautifully on my skin.  This cleanser contains 120 mg of blueberry extracts as well, which are rich in vitamin C and anthocyanins ~ a great anti-oxidant and brightener for your skin.   I was looking at the Beyond Korean shopping site and there is an Apple Mint Oil Cleanser, which I did find at Cosmetic Love, that I want to try now!!   Full Size  120 mL Value $15.00

Ingredients: water, hydrogenated palm acid, glycerin, lauric acid, potassium hydroxide, myristic acid, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, beeswax, dipropylene glycol, camellia sinensis leaf extract, phyllanthus emblica(Indian gooseberry) fruit extract, euterpe oleracea fruit extract, vaccinium angustifolium (blueberry) fruit extract (120mg), cocamidopropyl betaine, butylene glycol, methyl gluceth-20, propanediol, titanium dioxide, phenoxyethanol, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance  cosDNA.com analysis

Beyond Real Skin CC Cream in 01 Aqua (SPF25 PA++)  (Korea)   This is also a randomly selected CC cream ~ the options are 01 Aqua, 02 Cover or 03 Glow.  I received 01 Aqua and at first, I was like, okay, a mint green CC cream that will help even out my skin tone.  I’ve had these before and I do like them.   BUT……  This one, despite its minty green shade, didn’t just absorb into my skin, it changed its color to a shade that matched my skin tone.  As I blended in the product, I could actually see the cream go from its pale green to a beige shade with each swipe.  I was so impressed, I even did another swatch to show the color change!  This CC cream is a sheer tint, so if you want more coverage, then you can either build up the coverage by adding more layers, or apply your favorite BB or foundation on top of this, as a CC cream is a color corrector and can be used with other foundations.  I like that it applies sheer as I am not a fan of heavy coverage on my face ~ I have very oily skin and heavy coverage just means more oily.   This does have a dewy finish as it is very moisturizing, so I am using Jouer anti-blemish matte primer underneath it and then top off with Innisfree No Sebum finishing powder to help tamp down the dewy finish.  This is just a personal preference, and you do not need to do this if you like the more dewy, moist finish of a foundation.  This has a light sugary scent with a hint of lemon in it ~ it does disappear quickly, but it is very nice ~ like lemon sugar cookies :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I’ve been wearing this for a couple of days now and I have had no adverse reaction to it.  I do think, as I normally do not use a facial primer, that I will save this CC cream for when the weather gets a bit cooler.  I had to use one for my testing, as it is so hot and muggy right now in Boston and my face is already naturally dewy (re: oil slick!)   I do like this CC cream quite a bit and hope that Beautibi starts carrying in their store.  This is dermatologically tested, no parabens added, minimum chemical fragrance, against animal testing and has a recyclable package.  Full Size Value $16.00

Ingredients:  water, dimethicone, glycerin, dipropylene glycol, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, neopentyl glycol dicaprate, biosaccharide gum-1, methyl glucose sesquistearate, panthenol, cyclopentasiloxane, stearic acid, 1,2-hexanediol, titanium dioxide, atractyloides japonica root oil, hydroxyproline, thymus vulgaris (thyme) flower/leaf extract, buddleja davidii extract, butylene glycol, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower extract, ocmum basilicum (basil) flower/leaf extract, althaea officinalis root extract, houttuynia cordata extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosemarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) fruit extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit water, monarda didyma leaf extract, salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, corchorus olitorius leaf extract, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, sorbitan isostearate, polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate, squalane, aluminum hydroxide, dimethicone/PEG-10/15 crosspolymer, PEG-40 stearate, palmitoyl proline, nylon-12, polysorbate 60, xanthan gum, trisodium EDTA, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolyer, magnesium palmitoyl glutamate, sodium palmitoyl sarcosinate, palmitic acid, silica dimethyl silylate, polyester-1, triethoxycaprlylsilane, fragrance, mica, chromium hydroxide green, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77492), iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499)  cosDNA.com analysis

Peripera Ice Jelly Sun SPF 30 PA++  (Korea)  Okay, I have to wear sunscreen and everyone should wear one too.  That doesn’t mean I HAVE to like it.  Most sunscreens clog up my pores and make my face greasy.  Plus, I am never sure when I should apply sunscreen ~ after all of my skincare or before I start?  I think it is after all of my skincare and before my makeup ~ or at least that is how I am doing it today.  So when I saw that I was getting this sunscreen in the Yes, Summer box, I was like ~  sure, fine, whatever.   Until I swatched this Ice Jelly Sun with its cute little Happy Feet penguin logo.   This is unlike any sunscreen I have tried and I have tried a lot in the last couple of years.   This is a lightweight gel-lotion, looks like a standard sunscreen, but the texture is very light, almost sheer.  As I massaged it into my skin, it melted into my skin, leaving behind a moist watery film ~ no thick sunscreen residue, no white cast, no heavy feeling, stickiness or greasiness.  The watery film quickly absorbed into my skin.   Peripera Ice Jelly Sun has a high water content and that is why it works this magic.   This sun gel has cereus grandiflorus (cactus) extract and sodium hyaluronate to help moisturize and portulaca oleracea extract, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), centella asiatica extract and houttuynia cordata extract for anti-inflammatory, antioxidants, that will nourish your skin while protecting it from UV rays.

Unlike most sunscreens that I have currently, this one will be used on my face ~ and will go on my “to buy” list for sure!  I hope this is not one of those products that Club Clio is discontinuing (such as my beloved Waterest toner & oil)!  Random thought ~ why are American sunscreens in such HUGE honking bottles and Korean sunscreens in tiny tubes?   Full Size 50 mL Value $12.00

Ingredients: water, ethylexyl methoxycinnamate, alcohol, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, ethylhexyl salicylate, isoamyl p-methoxycinnamate, diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, 1,2-hexanediol, portulaca oleracea extract, cereus grandiflorus (cactus) extract, tocopheryl acetate, centella asiatica extract, houttuynia cordata extract, sodium hyaluronate, triethanolamine, silica, carbomer, ceteth-10, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, behenyl alcohol, allantoin, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, fragrance, phenoxyethanol, blue 1 lake (CI 42090)  cosDNA.com analysis

Cezanne Duo Eyeshadow in #01 Gold (Champagne/brown) (Japan)  This was randomly selected from pink/brown or champagne/brown eyeshadow.  This is from the Lamé Series, which has has some nice shimmer and glitter, but it isn’t a glitter bomb.  According to the description, it is “glitter for mature ladies” ~ snickers ~  Despite the mature label, these are really nice colors and the glitter isn’t obvious, so there isn’t fallout.  The champagne is more of a bright golden shade and the brown is a lovely bittersweet chocolate brown, very deep and rich.   They go on smoothly, but they are soft, so use a eye primer first, so it will wear longer.   Full Size Value $10.00

MasKingdom I Wish Series – Made a Miracle (Taiwan)   A new facial sheet mask brand to try!  You all know I love my sheet masks and this one not only had a facial sheet mask, but an after-care serum that you apply afterwards.  MasKingdom is the #1 top selling boutique mask in Taiwan, so this is pretty exciting.  I love the packaging, it is very creative with the woman surrounded by books, globe, scroll and pen.   This mask has bitter gourd extracts and resveratrol (made from grapes) that are high in antioxidants and will protect skin from free radical damage, while brightening your skin. MasKingdom masks are made with fruit and vegetable ingredients from Taiwan and are free from parabens, alcohol, artificial fragrances and any animal ingredients.  These are made with Japanese natural silkworm silk, which has a high permeability and  a really great fit on the skin.  They do not contain the 26 common harmful fragrances listed by the EU commission and they do not use any of the 102 ingredients listed with the Japanese Ministry of Health that could cause skin disorders. SGS allergy tested and safe for sensitive skin.    2-piece mask Value $6.00

Some interesting ingredients that I haven’t come across before (or if I have, I’ve forgotten!)

Crambe Abyssinica seed oil ~ This plant grows in the Mediterranean and Eastern Africa regions, and it is often compared to Jojoba oil.  However, this oil has a much higher content of erucic acid, which contains omega-9, a non essential fatty acid.  This oil quickly absorbs and penetrates the outer layer of your skin and hydrates, nourishes and moisturizes while creating a protective layer, helping prevent dehydration.  This oil is similar to our own oil(sebum) and can also be used to control our  oil production. 

Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp extract ~ This is a white mushroom (fungus), originally from China, and has been used in Oriental beauty and medicine for centuries.   It helps retain moisture to your skin, protects your skin and has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties.  It also helps with skin elasticity and has anti-aging properties as well.

Peucedanum Ostruthium leaf extract ~ Also known as Masterwort ~ I’ve heard of mugwort, but not masterwort!  This native Swiss Alp plant produces flavonoids and phenolic acid, which help soothe your skin, while protecting it.   It helps repair stressed skin as helping with skin irritation. 

Description:  The “I Wish Series” has a natural water barrier lock + invisible protective film that helps to provide immediate moisturizing, smooth fine lines, and wrinkles. Hyaluronic acid and marine moisturizing micro-membrane absorbs into face muscles to activate firm and beautiful skin.

How To Use: On a clean and dry face, remove sheet from sleeve carefully (not to spill essence) and apply onto your face by aligning the top of your face first. Leave on for 15-20 minutes. Add additional essence from bag onto face for extra moisture.

About Maskingdom: MasKingdom is a boutique Taiwanese company focused on using only safe, and effective facial mask free from alcohol, mineral oil, animal ingredients and parabens. Their combination of using local elements, culture, and artistic creativity has made them one of the most recognized and coveted brands in the world.   Persistence in being safe, effective and green. Dedicated to integrate Taiwan local factors, cultures, aesthetic and creativity. Building the world of beauty with memory of the five sense. Maskingdom is considered the most beautiful souvenir boutique facial mask.

Ingredients
Mask: Aqua, methylpropanedoil, hydroxyethyl urea, PEG-55, glycosyl trehalose, hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, triethylhexanoin,, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, crambe abyssinica seed oil, orbignya oleifera (babassu palm) seed oil, sodium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, hydrogenated polydecene, trideceth-10, sclerotium gum, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, chlorphenesin, resveratrol, sorbitol, dihydroxy methylchromone, erythritol, homarine HCL, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, lechithin, ectoin, cyclopeptide-5, sodium hyaluronate, hydrolyzed hibiscus esculentus extract, dextrin  cosDNA.com analysis
 ​
Serum:  aqua, butylene glycol, glycerin, sodium PCA, PEG-3350, glycosyl trehalose, cellulose, hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, tremella fuciformis sporocarp extract, xanthan gum, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, chlorphenesin, hydroxyethylcellulose, fragrance, sodium acetate, isopropyl alcohol, hydrolyzed pea, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, disodium EDTA, polyquaternium-39, sodium hyaluronate, peucedanum ostruthium leaf extract, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, squalane, hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, santalum album (sandalwood) oil  cosDNA.com analysis

I am so glad I picked “Yes, Summer” as the box I wished to try ~ I mentioned to Jennifer at Beautibi  that this box looked really nice and she sent that one to me, when we were discussing what I liked best, skincare or makeup (answer: skincare).   I like that there are brands in here that are unknown to me, with only the Peripera the only brand that I was familiar with, but not with that sunscreen.    Everything in this box is full sized too! 

I had so much fun with my Yes, Summer box from Beautibi ~ I love the sunscreen as it is not like any sunscreen I have tried before and that is going into my “to buy” list.  I also think that the CC cream is so cool and will be work well for me once the weather is a bit cooler.  The eyeshadow duo is very pretty and a nice travel size ~ the colors are neutral and it can be make dramatic or subtle.   The foam cleanser smells really nice and will make a good body wash for me, as the pH level is higher than I like for my face and I cannot wait to try the mask out ~ I love the packaging and also that it has an aftercare serum included.  I’ve only seen one other brand have that, so I am really happy to know that other brands have this mask + serum combination.  

I also love the packaging ~ it is so well done and I could easily gift one of Beautibi boxes, knowing that it comes so beautifully packaged.   The colors are so soothing too, with the aqua and neutral shades ~ I am so impressed!   Will I personally purchase boxes and other items from Beautibi?  Yes!  I have signed up for their newsletter and I will be tracking what new boxes they release and purchase those that are of interest to me.  

There is only one “Yes, Summer” box left on Beautibi’s site, and it retails for $42.00, with a value of $59.00 worth of products, which is about a 28% savings.  For the products that I could find online, the value of the item was not overly marked up, if it was at all ~ the Jelly Sun Cream, for example, does sell for $12.00 at Club Clio’s website.     There are other boxes at Beautibi, with some new releases.  Sign up for their newsletter to get the latest on new boxes, sales and items!   For your very first order with Beautibi, use coupon code BEAUTIBI15 to get 15% off :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting, I had never heard of this site. I like that you can pick the box you want, like Memebox. I wish I wasn't on a no buy month now! 

I love your in depth reviews by the way....but you are such an enabler!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   Seriously though I have found some great products and sub boxes from your reviews.

@@LadyGordon thank you so much! I purchased another couple of boxes from them - one I got the other day and it is perfect for traveling. The other is a mask one - my weakness. These are masks I have never tried before either - new brands!! yeah!

Hello Ladies,

It saddens me to  write this but I feel I need to get it out to as many places as possible. I and many others have been scammed by a K beauty Box. 

Brad Rilen earlier this year decided to start the business Brad's K Beauty Box.

I bought many boxes from him. I only received one. After multiple promises of boxes being sent, lies about postal hold ups, problems with people overeas with customs etc etc.....Last month he went silent. Would not answer any emails or messages to his facebook/website. His last message to me was stating that he had decided to close his business on august 18 and he would shortly announce it to everyone. That all my boxes would be sent within a week. This never happened, after multiple attempts at contact and people questioning him on his facebook business page he shut down with explanation his website/facebook page. Before he blocked me on facebook he sent me a message today finally saying I would get a refund but that it would take 10 days as of the high volume of refunds. I don't know how he would do this without my bank details. Seeing these transactions were not done through paypal I and many others are stuck trying to get a refund through our banks. He owes me a considerable amount of money, I also won a competition for a free mask pouch....I even collaborated a box with other girls for him with the promise of  a free box.Again nothing. Just wanting to give everyone a heads up xxx

@@Saffyra I saw that email a couple of days ago and was so confused.  I thought it stated they were ending their subscription service but I wasn't 100% sure.  That first sentence stated "We would like to inform you that Meikoko is resuming its BCdation Box Subscription Service." Then it goes on about how they are stopping for the rest of the year until next Summer?  Hope they are able to revamp their service and come out with a better subscription model. 

@@Cupcakes I saw someone call them out about that on Facebook and they responded and said that they did NOT mean resuming, they meant halting. Haha! Whoops! But the whole thing about coming back next summer? I don't know what that means :\ Seems arbitrary.

Back