Karas Way

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really liked it. I'm starting to feel sampled out when it comes to "regular" products - for example, I'm starting to get a little impatient with Birchbox and the recent issues, despite the fact that I really liked the contents of both of my boxes. But I think this box is a good one for me because I still have plenty of room for more "green" products and I do want to replace most of the non-green items in my life with more natural ones. So I will probably keep it around for a few months at least, if it stays good.

Surprisingly, I'm actually starting to prefer skincare samples to makeup now that I have my freakin' makeup collection overflowing my makeup drawer (with the exception of special items like the stila sparkle liner)...so I'm kind of being tempted back by Sample Society too. lol. But I will resist.

Yeah, half of my "get real" moment was that my mom is coming to visit me next month and I was wondering where I should hide everything while she is here. It's pathetic! So I'm canceling everything but birchbox, and only keeping that because it's annual and I CAN'T cancel it. Although...now that I think about it, I may only be subscribed to BA, BB and Julep right now. My June Julep will be free, then I'll cancel that.

I may do love with food again because all that stuff disappeared rather quickly lol. 

We must share the same brain, because I was having the same thought! My sister and law and her family are coming to stay with us for a couple of days in about a month and a half, and I was trying to figure out where I should put everything. I was considering moving my makeup into my bedroom and then putting all of my bath, body, haircare and skin care into a big box in our bedroom, only leaving a few choice items out so I look like a "normal" person. How sad am I lol?

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, half of my "get real" moment was that my mom is coming to visit me next month and I was wondering where I should hide everything while she is here. It's pathetic! So I'm canceling everything but birchbox, and only keeping that because it's annual and I CAN'T cancel it. Although...now that I think about it, I may only be subscribed to BA, BB and Julep right now. My June Julep will be free, then I'll cancel that.

I may do love with food again because all that stuff disappeared rather quickly lol. 

I recieved my box today!! I liked everything in it so I will keep it for a few more times!! Also got a personalized hand written card saying thanks four buying first box!! I thought that was nice.

Naturelle D'Argan - Argan Oil Elixir Native Touch - Rooting Bear Rub Native Touch Blue Corn Sugar Scrub Native Touch 100% Natural Soaps (assorted scents) Beyond Coastal - Daily Active Sunscreen Keeki Pure and Simple - Organic Shimmer Stick (full size) Thayers - Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner With Aloe La Fresh - Oil Free Face Cleanser 1towelette Acetone Free Nail Polish Remover 1towelette Honeybee Gardens - Watercolors Nail Polish

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What did you get? Pics?

Here is my May Kara's Way box :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my box today too. I'm very:D happy with it. I luv the personal note card n note on the box. I will give this another month or so n see if I want to keep it.

I also luv how fast shipping was, I received my tracking email on Tuesday the 15 and I received my box today. They ship out of the west coast n I live in De. USPS priority mail. It was a nice change to not have to wait 10-14 days to receive my pkg like BA

I really loved the first box too!  My box is the same box posted as BlackestVoid (With the same nail polish color!)
I am pretty impressed that they were able to give out pretty good samples.  I've been recently using the Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel toner and it is seriously my favorite toner ever.  I'm excited to try the cucumber one, but I'm not that crazy about cucumber smell (and Green Grab Bag just sent out a full size Clairvoyant Cucumber toner as well - ugh!)  I just hope it doesn't go downhill from here because the first box was so good.  I have never tried a water based nail polish so I'm excited for that.  The owner seems to have some good business sense as well.

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really loved the first box too!  My box is the same box posted as BlackestVoid (With the same nail polish color!)

I am pretty impressed that they were able to give out pretty good samples.  I've been recently using the Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel toner and it is seriously my favorite toner ever.  I'm excited to try the cucumber one, but I'm not that crazy about cucumber smell (and Green Grab Bag just sent out a full size Clairvoyant Cucumber toner as well - ugh!)  I just hope it doesn't go downhill from here because the first box was so good.  I have never tried a water based nail polish so I'm excited for that.  The owner seems to have some good business sense as well.
I'd totally take one of your cucumber toners off your hands...I fell in love with the Thayers one! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh -- and I also really appreciate the fact that the argan oil had that paper seal around it so it would minimize leaks - very smart on either the sample supplier or business owner's side to do that.

I just get a good vibe from this one. I feel that the founder really cares about the box and what she chooses to send out, and pays attention to the little details (like the seeded tag and handwritten card). I'm going to cancel my 2nd Birchbox account for this one.

I was very impressed by my Kara's Way box, too.  The samples were varied and interesting and good-sized.  And, I also appreciated that they sealed the oil sample with blue masking tape, especially after the tightening serum in my Look Bag leaked all over everything.  I am really looking forward to next month's box.

Back