Keeping the swap going...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey all,

Just wondering what the status is on continuing the swap/switching groups, or if that's still happening? I have a bunch of polishes ready to go! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I suspect LyndaV is still waiting for someone to respond to her plea for a volunteer to help with the administration of the swaps.  I don't know the details of her health issues, but she's a great sport to be willing to try to keep up with this when she isn't feeling well.

Hi ladies,

Thank you all for being so patient.  I have not been feeling well at all the last few months, especially in the last few weeks.  Unfortunately I have a rare form of cancer that until recently has been behaving itself fairly well, but has decided to rear its ugly head once again.  I have been having quite a struggle with medications, medication & treatment reactions, nausea, and just plain old exhaustion.  I just have not had the energy or interest to even just pack up these boxes and send them.  You have my utmost apologies and I am so sorry to have kept everyone just hanging on like this.

Squidling has been nice enough to volunteer to help me out and she will be handling the tracking of one of the boxes.  I hate to ask this but I wonder if someone else might be willing to keep track of the 2nd box?  All it entails is making sure the box is sent out in a timely manner with a DC, making sure the next person receives and then sends out as well.  We have about 7 people for each box so its not a real big investment of time you just have to be a bit organized.  I am really hoping that by the next round I will feel well enough to manage the whole thing.  If not, I'm afraid I will need to bow out of managing the box.

I did manage to sort out the boxes to make them fairly even and added several polishes to get the high end vs drugstore balance a little more even so they look good and are basically ready to go.  Kirari and CaliMel are the first two ladies who will get the respective boxes.

Again, my apologies.

LyndaV

@LyndaV - I hope your recovery is going well, and I you certainly shouldn't feel bad about a nail polish swap given the bigger things you have to take care of!

Aw, you poor thing LyndaV! You're in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you feel well soon!

As for the swap I dont think any of us are in a rush and I wish that I could volunteer to help manage the other box but I just don't have the time... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It sounds like everything is a bit up in the air now but I'd LOVE to join this swap when it gets going again.  I have so much nail polish I'd love to unload... and there is always more that I want.  Do I PM my info to someone or should I just hang out/wait/hope? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi All - 

Just as an update, LyndaV has sent out the boxes to the their respective groups today. The box for Group 1 will travel as:

GROUP 1: LyndaV - Kiarari - ?MurfleGirl? -Baberanza - ?Wagz379? - Squidling - ?Xiehan?

GROUP 2: LyndaV - Tevens - Blue Lion - tgooberbutt - ?Ampym? - Zadidoll

We are still trying to confirm participation of the members with question marks around their names. So if your name is question-marked, please PM me if you're in Group 2, or PM Squidling if you're in Group 1 with whether you plan on participating. 

Get excited folks! There's a lot of nail polish to unload! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just wanted to mention that for the new ladies that want to participate we haven't forgotten you...this is just finishing up Round 2.  You will be contacted when we start up Round 3 I promise!

I've added your name and will contact you when we get ready to start DragonChick.  Based on how things have gone this last time (all my fault 
blink.gif
) can't really say when that will be unfortunately but I won't forget you I promise!

Hi All - Just as a Group 2 update: tevans got the box today and it's ready to be sent out to bluelion. Tevans was running into photo-posting issues, so her photos of the box are down below. Cheers!

The box as arrived:

What was taken out:

What was put in:

Look what I got yesterday: 

Here's what I took out:

And here's what I put in:

I'll ship it on out as soon as I get the next address.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Very pretty...what is the dark color on the left and the sparkly in the middle?

Are we still sticking with the "add one low end, and the rest high end" rule? Just want to make sure!

I totally want to add in my bottle of the Sation too, but now that one's already in there, I don't want to send a duplicate. I'll have to save it for a future round or a different swap!

We are sticking to the previous rule which was equal numbers drug store and high end polishes.  I tried to keep to that with both of the boxes but they may be off slightly with the minis.  To be honest, I couldn't decide how I wanted to count the minis...should 2 minis count as 1 high end, blah blah blah, I didn't feel good so I just threw them in what the hell...

anyways...if you take out a drug store polish put one back; if you take out 1 high end, put 1 high end back; if you take out 3, put 3 back; if you take out 5, put 5 back, if you take out 3 of each, put 3 of each back...etc, etc...

PS I don't think there was a Sation polish in the box

Ignore my last sentence...I was referring to the pics Kirari posted of her box not the box you got, sorry.

Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying. I haven't gotten the box yet, but hoping it'll come in tomorrow! Eager to see what that dark one between the Essie and the OPI is.

Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very pretty...what is the dark color on the left and the sparkly in the middle?
The purple-y blue is Mysterious Curse from their Dark Shadows collection, and the sparkly one is Luxe and Lush from the Hunger Games collection. 

Heya ladies!

Soooo, I just started a new job and I am unable to frequent this thread much, so, if when you get the box, would you mind PMing me so that it shows in my email and I know that you are waiting for an address? That way I won't be delayed in responding to the lovely ladies in my group :) 

Right on, so glad you got a new job!!  I am feeling a lot better so I would have no problem taking over the box again if you feel like it would be too much for you to handle with your new job?  Let me know and be HONEST about it 
wassatt.gif

Back