Kelly Osbourne's $250,000 manicure!?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looks like Kelly was rockin' some real diamonds on her nails at the Emmys! Her manicure cost her $250,000 though! According to the Yahoo! artical, people aren't so happy about her spendy nails. She tweeted her response: "I see that my nail polish has offended some of you, however I see your point, but it was a once in a lifetime experience. #MyApologizes"

"And please forgive me for not regretting it. It made me feel like a queen!"

So what do you think? Worth it or not?

icon_eek.gif
What a waste! The fact that she doesn't regret is beyond me!! I bet that money could have fed a whole poverty stricken country :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So true how they say 'easy come easy go'

Meh, diamonds are only expensive because of corporations hoarding them. But if you have the money, go for it. Celebrities are constantly living lives that seem extravagant to many, why is this any different? That's part of the draw for some. Didn't Rihanna go and put gold on her nails for a mani?

I read that she didn't pay for it. The company (Azature I think) just asked her to wear it.

I think it's a pretty silly thing personally though, I mean what do you do if it chips off? I'd love to be the lucky one to find chipped off black diamonds from her manicure. Lol

Is the whole bottle $250,000 or just the one manicure?

Wow, beautiful... extravagant and honestly I can see both sides. I would love to wear these but in my heart I don't think I could justify it.

The manicure was not $250,000. The WHOLE bottle of polish is priced at $250,000.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/kelly-osbourne-apologizes-250-000-black-diamond-manicure-wore-2012-emmys-sort-article-1.1169750 Each $250,000 bottle of the luxurious lacquer is said to contain 267 carats of crushed black diamond powder.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/black-diamond-nail-polish-250-000-a-bottle-worth-article-1.1136083 For those who want the diamonds but can’t fork over the green, Azature is launching a budget-friendly version later this month. The polish will contain just one black diamond and sell for $25 at Fred Segal stores in Los Angeles.

The Black Diamond polish crushes the previous record for world’s most expensive nail lacquer, the Model’s Own gold nail polish, priced at $130,740, according to FashionStyle.com.

So the math doesn't add up for me. If the inexpensive version contains one black diamond (no idea on how many carets) it'll be $25 BUT one containing 267 carets (no idea how many diamonds that is) it's $250K. Seems like a rip off to me.

Latest posts

Back