Kevyn Aucoin questions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by divadee62 Thanks for all the tips! As a fan of Aucoin, I've longed for his SSE just afraid of the results. After seeing your before and after I am convinced! Now i just need to figure out my color. I'm a MAC NC50, and I'm torn between the SX10, 11, or 12. What color did you use in the Before/After pics? For u i would maybe try the 12 or 13, as the 14 does have REALLY strong red undertones, so unless u do, go for those. As ive said before, its sorta hard to determine the color w/o pics, but im usually right anywayz (just ask my hubby!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif
As far as what i used in the pics - i couldnt tell ya! Because she had such crazy colored skin, i used a lighter and darker shade and blended the 2 together to pull together her natural skin tone, with that of the really dark birthmark. I wanna say a 13 and maybe a 15, or 12 and 15?
Jennifer - Ok, for u (i did my homework, looking at ur notepad and previous posts!
icon_wink.gif
), i would maybe go for 05, its sorta beigy, but it would be classified as light at the same time. The 07 is also light, but has more pink undertones to it, and the 02 is very light and very strong pink undertones, and rather than using it alone on anyone, i might mix a bit in with a beiger shade to tone down the pink in someones skin. After all who wants to accentuate the "pinkness" in their skin! And the 04 and 06 are on the yellow/gold side, so i dont think those would be for u. So my best guesses are 03(also beigy but a little lighter) or 05
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oh and thanx for posting that Trisha! Im actually out of town on my way to LA and Asia for a month, and had no idea how to find that list w/o my bookmarks! I knew i shoulda brought my laptop!!!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by KMEFH Jennifer - Ok, for u (i did my homework, looking at ur notepad and previous posts!
icon_wink.gif
), i would maybe go for 05, its sorta beigy, but it would be classified as light at the same time. The 07 is also light, but has more pink undertones to it, and the 02 is very light and very strong pink undertones, and rather than using it alone on anyone, i might mix a bit in with a beiger shade to tone down the pink in someones skin. After all who wants to accentuate the "pinkness" in their skin! And the 04 and 06 are on the yellow/gold side, so i dont think those would be for u. So my best guesses are 03(also beigy but a little lighter) or 05
icon_cheesygrin.gif
thank you SO much. you're the best. i'm gonna order 05 right now
smile.gif

trisha, thanks for that list!

Originally Posted by Trisha YW Jen, i found my 2 shades from that list! I mix 2 to get the perfect colour! x which ones?
smile.gif

okay, now that i've ordered SSE, i see it's not like your typical foundation, so any advice is welcome
wink.gif

i plan on using it all over, as my skin is not very even. i know it's too concentrated to do that, so would i mix it with a moisturizer or just use very little?

Originally Posted by Jennifer which ones?
smile.gif

okay, now that i've ordered SSE, i see it's not like your typical foundation, so any advice is welcome
wink.gif

i plan on using it all over, as my skin is not very even. i know it's too concentrated to do that, so would i mix it with a moisturizer or just use very little?

Eeee! ur gonna love it i promise! Ok, first off, it works great all over, and ill give u some tips! Start with tiny blob about the size of a pencil erasure, and put this on the back of your hand. Then get a water based moisturizer and put about half of the same amount on your hand too. Then gradually mix the two together until u have it at the consistancy that u want, the body heat of your hand and fingers helps to emulsify the two. Then after cleaning moisturizing and a primer if u choose, apply the SSE to your face and blend away! Lemme know if u have any more questions!

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey Elise,could you help me pick the right color for me,the light kind of looks dark enough but i am not sure.I am going to order it from victoria secret .com!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

well i guess i am just going to neiman marcus,and i will try to find the right shade with the help of the makeup artist.

elise, thanks sooooooooo much!!! i will let you know how it goes when i get it
icon_cheesygrin.gif

gwen, i'm sure she missed your post! she'll be back
smile.gif

I really want to try this stuff now! My aunt was supposed to buy me some from NY but she didn't have time.

Elise - do you have any idea of when KA products will be available in the UK?

Back