Laser Eye Surgery

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really have to go for a consultation...they will tell you what they can or cannot do.

Good luck!

The girl that I know that got the procedure done developed astigmatism in both eyes after the surgery, but they said it was because of how high her prescription was. They are waiting 6 weeks for her eyes to fully heal from the first surgery, then they are going to do another one to fix it. I'm waiting until she tells me her eyes are perfect, then I'm booking that baby!

djbelle - My left eye had an astigmatism and the lasik fixed it. I didn't have to get my right eye done. See earlier post.

wow...this is helpful, I have considered so many times whether to have eye surgery. I have some friends who did the surgery and the results were highly positive. I think it's important to consult your doctor first since people's eyes are all different.

Originally Posted by djbelle Sorry, forgot to post...I have astigmatism (I see shadows of everything) too, does that effect the procedure? If your astigmatism is low, Lasik will likely get rid of it all. If it's high, there is a possibility of some residual degree.
I had Lasik done on both eyes this March, and three months later, the doctor declared my vision 20/20. I'm very pleased and definitely enjoying not being practically blind every morning without my glasses! Also looking forward to travelling now without having to lug around bottles of contact lense solutions.

The procedure itself is quick and painless, but you'll feel some pressure on the eyes. Common side effects include dry eyes and halos/glares, but these should go away in months to come. Lasik is very popular here in Singapore, I read that the eye centre I got my eyes treated performs more than 7,000 surgeries a year. I definitely recommend the procedure.
smile.gif

my grandma has just got one eye done, not sure if its laser. but she has to put eye drops in all the time and wear a clear plastic patch. i really want this too. i hate wearing glasses

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons My dad had this surgery and is probably going to pay for Alex and I to get it done. I watched the whole surgery (I mean, it's the shortest surgery EVER) and it looks really weird, but not bad. He had to keep his eyes closed all day the day of the surgery, because if he opened them it burned and he had to constantly put in natural tear drops to make sure it stayed moist (because if not, the flap that they cut off the layer of your eye can become dislodged or something. I dunno LOL), but literally the NEXT DAY he could see perfectly. He has 20/15 vision!! It's AMAZING. In Dallas, Texas, they have a doctor there that performs it for $500 an eye. Yes and to add to this - before - had was a baby about just putting DROPS in his eyes. I mean - he really was a sissy about it, he just has something with his eyes...the big dork!! So if he can go through with it...dang near anyone can! I can't wait to get mine done!!

I'm still debating on it. Everyone I know who has gotten it says it's the best thing they ever did. I've been quoted about $800 per eye.

Back