Lean Cuisines?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so then how much sodium is too much sodium? so far today i have already had 410mg... and i am planning on going out and buying an LC meal for lunch.. just because i am doing the weight watchers points plan and they already have the points on the LC meal... but i've never even thought about watching my sodium intake :

I eat tehm a couple times a week, I don't think they are too filling, I am usually hungry a few hours later, but I just eat a healthy snack.

You should be eating NO MORE than around 2400 mg per day. You should also be looking at your sodiums...not all sodiums are created equal.

As for the fats in LC...I haven't really looked at the labels lately, but when I go shopping today, I'll have a look-see and see what it says. A lot of "diet food" is made with trans fats (also known as hydrogenated oils or partially hydrogenated oils). The FDA has not made it mandatory that the companies list the content of trans fats on their packages...but if they do not use "traditional" fats, they can list the product as "fat free".

I'll see what the LC meals say...

I seriously need to lose 15 lbs and was thinking of buying the nutri-system meals since you can get 2 weeks free but decided to try lean cuisine instead. I had the roast turkey for lunch today and it was so small I am now starving.

They aren't particularly filling. My favorite is the Chicken (&Pasta) with Basil Cream Sauce... it's delicious. Their website describes it as: Chicken scaloppini marinated in a pesto glaze roasted to perfection and topped with a basil cream sauce. Served with a bed of angel hair pasta tossed with red and yellow bell peppers, garlic and black pepper.

ProductImage.ashx

I don't really like the little chicken with rice-esque ones because they are even less filling lol. But if you want something small, quick, and "healthy" it's a good option.

OMG edit: I just went into the freezer looking for a lean cuisine and I didn't have the kind I like, but I found my favorite favorite frozen meal (I can't believe I didn't think of this one sooner lol) I'm heating it up as I type:

45951.jpg

Healthy Choice "Traditional Turkey Breast with Gravy and Dressing, Cherry Crisp, Vegetable Medley" It is a "complete selection" meal so it's definitely bigger and it has a mini dessert too. It's only 300 calories total but it's really delicious. Fat 4g, sodium is 550mg, idk how bad that is, as I'm not into watching sodium.

I eat them regularly and don't retain water...I like the WW S/O Three cheese ziti because I am a pasta lover and not as much into vegetables :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am bad!! But I found some of these are awesome..the LC pepperoni pizza..yummy! I eat them as a quick fix meal when I am alone and to try to eat a lower calorie dinner if I have a bad lunch. I ended up losing like 5 lbs in 3 weeks when my boyfriend went out of town and I didn't cook once, just heated these up. Didn't plan to lose weight but it happened...course I also love to workout and I am sure it assisted in losing the weight. But still...not a bad deal!

Back