Lemon juice???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lemon juice just make your hair a little bit brighter when you rinse them with diluted juice.

Camomilla is maybe a little more efficient to make your hair fairer.

I know alot about lemon juice and it is extremely good for your hair in many ways. First of all its acidity helps rid your scalp of dry flakes but it should be rinsed off your scalp and it contains natural oils so it wont dry out your scalp as much. It can add volume and shine as well. If you are looking for lighter hair, lemon juice is a great alternative rather than killing your hair with chemicals or bleaching it with peroxide. Lemon juice can lighten the pigments in your hair and also when combined with the sun's ultra violet rays the color change is more dramatic. But dont sit out in the sun for more than an hour or your hair may turn more of a reddish orange color rather than blonde. I suggest combining 1/4 cup of warm water, 1 cup of lemon juice. Spray your hair with it until it is damp. How long u sit outside depends on the change u want. Sit outside for about 40 minutes in sunlight (be sure to protect your skin with sunscreen- but this is a good time to tan;) ) and then come inside for about 20 minutes, reapply the juice and go sit back outside for another 30 minutes and then rinse with a generous amount of conditioner. It would help to deep condition your hair afterward. Sit in the sun only as long as you feel you need to. some websites will tell you to spend way to long in the sun, and that isnt good for your hair. Do everything in moderation to avoid over doing it. Beforehand I want to point out that this isnt going to suddenly make you blonde if you have dark hair, you'll have to look elsewhere but this is the color change you should expect: Dark Brown to: Light Brown or Ecru Light Brown to: Golden Blonde Dark Blonde to: Light Blonde Dark Red to: Dark Blonde Light Red to: Light Brown / Blonde Black: Won't show much change at all.

I heard that lemon is good for oily hair, but that can make highlights? maybe, I know the chamomile make hair brighter.

I lemon juice on my hair to get it from an ashy blonde to more of a gold colour. I put about a cup in, diluted with a quarter cup of warm water, threw it in a spray bottle and spritzed my hair until saturated. I then waited outside for about 30 minutes. (I'm super fair so I was starting to burn) I then quickly hopped in the shower and rinsed it out, then conditioned my hair REALLY good. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I got great results.

hey dont give it a try again.lemon juice if applied directly will fade your hair and make it whitish

Originally Posted by princessemi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard by someone that if you want to lighten your hair, you put a little bit of bleach in your shampoo..
PLEASE don't do this.

I recommend lemon juice but it is drying, so condition your hair afterwards. It gave my hair brown highlights and I have very dark hair, almost dark and it worked (though I was hoping for more of a red tint than brown). It would also help if you mix it with olive oil, which also lightens hair and can help fight the lemon juice's dryness. I don't know about vinegar, though I heard of it. Chamomile tea might help too.

I have dark hair, practically black, but it didn't turn my hair red/orange, though I actually wanted it to (i know I'm weird), but it still can. I think it depends on your hair's undertones. Some people have red undertones, and I guess I have brown. So, if you begin to see red, stop or else it'll turn brassy orange.

Never ever, just put bleach in your hair, even when mixed!! eeekk!!!

Apple cider vinegar makes your hair softer.. but you might also get that smell :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back