Let me re-introduce myself. *TG*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo! Score one for me then. c:

Yeah, I used to drag it a while back, but then I was told to dab it on a youtube video, and from there, I been a dabber. :3 I mean, I am heavily set into wanting to learn the ins and outs of makeup, so I take every little tip I can get and cherish it. Asking for assistance and brushing aside gets me no where. Dragging would be working backwards, and I don't want that. xD

Originally Posted by musingmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Welcome!!
Hello! c:

welcome, yuki!

I have to agree with Gabi on the elf brushes - use the black ones over the white ones - they're a little more expensive but still cheap in comparison to others and they work great for me. I HATE sponges so I always use brushes and have occasionally used my finger tips. I have to second everyone who told you about the beauty subs - I would HIGHLY recommend ipsy - i love their samples, it's cheap and they actually have their own little community on their website where people post videos and tutorials and chat. the site is a little hard to navigate but if you take it slow you'll find all that you need. back to you - 6 cats! I think you'll fit in fine here. Most of the mut-ers are cat lovers from my experience, haha I have three myself! I hope to see you on the boards!! 

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

welcome, yuki!

I have to agree with Gabi on the elf brushes - use the black ones over the white ones - they're a little more expensive but still cheap in comparison to others and they work great for me. I HATE sponges so I always use brushes and have occasionally used my finger tips. I have to second everyone who told you about the beauty subs - I would HIGHLY recommend ipsy - i love their samples, it's cheap and they actually have their own little community on their website where people post videos and tutorials and chat. the site is a little hard to navigate but if you take it slow you'll find all that you need. back to you - 6 cats! I think you'll fit in fine here. Most of the mut-ers are cat lovers from my experience, haha I have three myself! I hope to see you on the boards!! 
Thank you Baberanza! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, come to think about it, the black ones do seem alot.... better quality than the white one I have. s:..... I'll have to keep that in mind, thank you ladies. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You know, I never tried applying with fingers. Maybe I will also give that a test run next day off from work I have. s:

Yeah, I am kind of leaning on ipsy if I do sub to any of them. I closed the site out a bit ago, but they had some appealing things there for sure. s: And videos and tutorials? That would definitely make things better. Is there a list of the kind of products they offer in their packages?

Yep, 6 cats. xD.... I actually have the one that loves me laying between my keyboard and my chest as I type this, the little brat she is, but God, I love her. The family all plays around calling each cat theirs, but this one cat loves me, and they can't deny she is mine. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Yeah, I love cats too. Lol.

And thanks again! I hope to see you around too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yeah as far as the brushes go, I actually own some of the black and white ones and the white ones are so picky, so I still have them but never use them. I would definitely just give it a test run - it's a little messy but some people get the best coverage with their fingertips, so I would at least try it once. =)

basically, the only 'list' you'll find is a list of brands. BUT what I would do if you're really serious about subbing and want some honest reviews is to youtube ipsy vids (like people opening them) and check out the video i've embedded below. it's michelle phan showing off her day at work BUT there are a bunch of scattered products that have mostly appeared in bags. you can also go to that subscription thread or find our ipsy group and check out our monthly threads for each bag, and on the right hand side pictures should pop up that were posted throughout the thread and you can look at pics there. another option would be to google blog reviews. =) also, they have their own youtube channel (youtube.com/user/myglam) <-- I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to post that but anyways each month all of their stylists create different looks or videos based off of the items in each bag.

cats are awesome. I don't have anything more to say on that. lmao.

here is the video i said i'd embed. keep your eyes peeled for products!

Well definitely try. Can't hurt, and free applicators. Win-win situation, ne? c:

She sounds so sweet, and the team sounds so nice. That alone makes me want to support them. :/ I did see some of the products I have heard great things about.... geez. D:.... I make a greeting thread, and I am being sold to a subscription service now. xD.... I will honestly have to consider it when I get my check the first week of February. Taxes coming soon too, so Yeah, I am allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll for that. Would also give me more area for idle chatter on the boards, huh? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really appreciate that video though truly. I think I will definitely try ipsy out hopefully within a month. Everyone recommends them, they have quality looking products, and I get to try out new products I normally wouldn't ever try. I don't see any downside to it. Thank you all! :)

Originally Posted by Yukiko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well definitely try. Can't hurt, and free applicators. Win-win situation, ne? c:

She sounds so sweet, and the team sounds so nice. That alone makes me want to support them. :/ I did see some of the products I have heard great things about.... geez. D:.... I make a greeting thread, and I am being sold to a subscription service now. xD.... I will honestly have to consider it when I get my check the first week of February. Taxes coming soon too, so Yeah, I am allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll for that. Would also give me more area for idle chatter on the boards, huh? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really appreciate that video though truly. I think I will definitely try ipsy out hopefully within a month. Everyone recommends them, they have quality looking products, and I get to try out new products I normally wouldn't ever try. I don't see any downside to it. Thank you all! :)
Yeah somewhere along the timeline I actually really started enjoying michelle's youtube and personality. I follow her on instagram and once she even replied to a comment I posted. I fangirl'ed for a good 10 mins by myself, lmfao. 

I'm glad you decided to open up to us! If you have the extra money, it's definitely something worth looking into - I LOVE ipsy. lol if ya couldn't tell!

You're welcome and I hope to converse with you sometime down the line as well!! Enjoy MUT! It was made for people like us!

Oh! That's too cool. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't blame you. Following her line and such for so long, I would too. xD

I am too. I got alot of tips and help here, just in this intro thread. That's how I know this place will be good if I reboot myself here. s: Also, yeah, I am sure I will have the extra money. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sounds good. I will hold you to that. ;P.... I will! The place already feels too warm. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I *love* making friends here, actually just ask gabi! lol none of my friends in person care about my makeup endeavors. I also felt very warm and welcomed here so I am here to stay! lol. so i highly recommend sticking around this time around! =P

I love making them too, especially if it is in the makeup area, since I only have one friend IRL that is even remotely into it, and she lives too far away to talk to on a good basis... plus we both work alot, so yeah. ):....

Yeah, that's how a forum's family grows. People to embrace new comers, and the new comers embrace the next wave. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />... And if you recommend it, then I think I will very well have to. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, I've been a member for almost a year now and I feel that I get along with everyone here. We all have one very common interest so how could we not? Lol

Yeah, I know, right? s:.... I been here since 2011, but like I said, I been lurking and doing practically nottttttttthing. D:... Almost a two year dormant member. Lol.

Yes we do, yes we do. c: ... You all know more than I, so I hope I can learn from you mistresses of the brush. m(_ _)m

A bit late with a welcome, but I hope you enjoy these forums, lots of wonderful, knowledgeable, sharing people  here.

Carol

Back