Let's talk eye creams!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sooooo ladies, I have tried several different eye creams and have yet to find anything that works. All the products I've tried just seem like moisturizers with an extra $$ attached lol. I have a nice wrinkle under both eyes that my makeup loves to settle into and dark circles. I'll live with the circles because I work nights and getting enough sleep is a balancing act I never get right. I've also had dark circles since puberty, so I don't expect to pat something on and they miraculously disappear.. oh wait, I do but that comes in the form of a good concealer! Lol anyways, what are some hits or misses you've tried concerning eye creams? My misses ... Boscia amino A-G eye treatment is the latest. Nice, but absolutely no difference in my appearance after 5 weeks of use.

Got a sample of Shiseido's Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye

Contour Cream in my Sephora 500 point perk, and let me tell you, it is

heavenly. It only takes a little smidge, and it is so thick and rich.

It is also very gentle, and doesn't make me itchy. I wasn't expecting

to like it, but I am thinking I'll buy the full size when this is gone.

As far as dark circles are concerned, I've had a lot of luck with 

primers. Love the ones from Too Faced and Benefit. They seem

to physically change the darkness, for some reason. 

Hourglass makes a syrupy serum primer that I apply before 

makeup to keep it from settling. Sephora gives deluxe samples

on occasion. 

I haven't been impressed with traditional eye creams. Like you said they seem to be more of a glorified moisturizer. The tightening and firming products almost always trigger a nasty reaction around my eyes so I avoid them now. The only thing I use now is Shea Terra's Argan & Green Coffee Around-Eye Serum. I have never really had a dark circle problem unless I am not feeling well so it seems to be enough for now.

I could go my whole life and not try every eye cream, there's so many. I have a Trilogy organic rose hip oil serum and will just keep patting a dab around my eyes for now. I'll keep using the Boscia treatment as not to waste it and maybe see about getting some samples next time I go to Sephora. Maybe I should ask for some anti wrinkle type items, since I'm not holding out for an under eye circle miracle lol.

I don't use eye cream. I don't need eye cream, I just use moisturizer.  I think anti-wrinkle is a sham.  Look at your mother and grandmother and maybe dad and his side of the family.  If your genetics make you pre-dispositioned to wrinkles, I don't think you can escape that. 

Just today my mother was reading to me some remedies with potatoes... and this is what she read to me

DARK CIRCLES you can get rid of dark circles under your eyes easily by using potatoes juice or potatoes directly. Cut some slices of raw potatoes and use them as a natural way to treat your eyes. All you got to do is just lie down and close your eyes, while keeping the slices of potatoes over your eyes for 15 to 20 minutes. Then wash with warm water in the end. Do this regularly and your dark circles will vanish. When using potato juice soak some cotton in the potato juice and put on your eye lids for 20 minutes.

GREY HAIR You can highlight your gray hair with potato peels, the ultimate way to hide your grey hair and stay young. Boil potato peels in water. Stain this water and let it cool. Use this strained water as an after shampoo rinse, to darken your gray hair. Follow this religiously for every alternate hair wash for beautiful and natural highlighted hair.

WRINKLES Potato is considered as a very effective anti aging agent. To prevent your face from wrinkles wash your face daily with potato juice. It really helps to get rid of wrinkles and also gives your face the glowing touch.

TIRED EYES - To give a fresh look to your face and remove tiredness from your eyes place two round slices of potato on your eyes.

FACIAL BLEMISHES You can also treat your face blemishes by washing your face daily with cool potato juice. So simple, did you ever thought getting rid of blemishes was so easy and cheap.

SUNBURN To get rid of the sunburn or frostbite, potato again can do wonders for you. All you need to do is apply grated potato or potato juice to the affected areas.

FACE WHITENING Apply a grated raw potato as a mask by rubbing the potato on your skin. Leave the mask on for 30 minutes and then rinse off with water. The potato mask really helps to reduce facial swelling. If you use potato mask on regular basis for your skin care your facial skin will turn smooth, white and beautiful in just a short span of time. Potatoes also help to absorb the excessive oil from your face.

I know you wanted an eye cream but sometimes a home remedie works better and you don't even have to spend money because the ingredients are in your house anyway....and for the other tips well they are just a bonus. Hope i did help with something and boosted your spirits up don't give up just yet! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't use eye cream. I don't need eye cream, I just use moisturizer.  I think anti-wrinkle is a sham.  Look at your mother and grandmother and maybe dad and his side of the family.  If your genetics make you pre-dispositioned to wrinkles, I don't think you can escape that. 
Well that's true, but I'm working with limited info and it doesn't hurt to try. My grandma on my dad's side looks great for 85 and was always a looker lol. For my mom's family, dunno. Grandma died when I was a baby and my mom passed away at 47. She had great skin and never a blemish and minimal wrinkles. My skin is more problematic, so I think have more my dad's Irish genes there. Boo on that lol.

Im liking the precious cream by L'occitane.  They have a trial size on their website.  You can also go into any store and they have samples of it.  if you dont have a  store near you, you can email them and they will send you samples. I use a small amount at the deep lines between my eyebrows, and i noticed a small change after 3 days (using morning and night). get your hands on some samples :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@kristen.. I've read some great reviews on that product and just tried a sample of the face cream. Fabulous and really enjoyed the texture! I'll contact the company and see because it's not sold locally near me.. maybe Seattle, but I'm not going there just for a sample lol. Thanks!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@kristen.. I've read some great reviews on that product and just tried a sample of the face cream. Fabulous and really enjoyed the texture! I'll contact the company and see because it's not sold locally near me.. maybe Seattle, but I'm not going there just for a sample lol. Thanks!
not only did they mail me the precious cream, they mailed me about 10 different products. i hope you like it

I have tried many eye creams and am currently using some products from Angelina Organic that I really really like. I never heard of this brand until I picked up some samples from the traveling sample box. I bought her Immortelle Calming Eye Serum for 17.95 (very reasonable!). It comes in a roller ball glass container. It takes a lot to impress me, but this stuff I really like.

I also use her "Youth in Bloom Phyto Active" products, they feel and smell wonderful, I feel like I'm really treating myself when I put it on, its a joy to use. The YIB products are expensive, but right now they have a trial size bag of serum, day and night creams for $30.

She does have a YIB phyto active eye gel, I have not tried it. I just use the face moisturizer around my eyes.

http://angelinaskincare.com/

I have tried the Bosia, Ole Henricson, Origins, Perfekt, Shiseido, DDF, Murad and Philosophy, some of them were samples and I bought (and returned) the Ole, Perfekt, Philosophy, and Origins. None of them impressed me.

PS I'm not affiliated with Angelina Organic Skincare in any way. But after trying so many, I'm happy to promote something I actually like.

My favorite is the Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Cream. I absolutely love it! It's also what I use if I ever get any dry areas on my face - it seriously fixes those spots overnight for me! I saw that someone mentioned the Shiseido Intensive Eye Contour Cream which is also a very lovely eye cream!

I got Shiseido Intensive Eye Contour Cream deluxe sample from sephora, it is to heavily perfumed for me.

Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got Shiseido Intensive Eye Contour Cream deluxe sample from sephora, it is to heavily perfumed for me.
I bought this a few years ago to try.  I tried it once then forgot to I had it then found it again so I gave it to my DH. It smells like 'old lady' perfume.  

I totally agree on L'occitane, their Immortelle products really work wonders.

I have several products from that line but my favorite is the Precious Concentrate which I use for my whole face and for the under-eye area as a serum, I don't have dark circles but I can vouch for its ability to make the fine lines go away after regular use. 

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im liking the precious cream by L'occitane.  They have a trial size on their website.  You can also go into any store and they have samples of it.  if you dont have a  store near you, you can email them and they will send you samples. I use a small amount at the deep lines between my eyebrows, and i noticed a small change after 3 days (using morning and night). get your hands on some samples :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am 80ish and my kids wanted me to start using the computer more to keep me active and I love (even as old as I am) talking skin care and makeup too.  I put pure vaseline under my eyes every single night and my neighbor bought me an eye cream as a birthday gift last year called Eye Dream Night that she found through the internet and that along with the vaseline is all I use.  Everyone says I look to be in my 60's not nearly 80, which of course I love.

You can try some homemade remedies for you dark circles.

Some simple non-product solutions include: Avoid sleeping on your side , Lower sodium intake which tends to increase water retention, Keep properly hydrated to maintain a proper salt balance, Treat any symptoms of hay fever (allergies)

Hope this Help.

Good Luck!

I am asian, and i have been searching for ways to make my eyes look bigger and ran across some information that says that the dark ring around your iris, called the limbal ring, is supposed to make your eyes look bigger when the limbal ring is thicker and apparantly people with thicker limbal rings are viewed as younger looking than people with no or little limbal rings.   After even further research, I found out about a company called Ophthoglow who says they can permanently implant a thicker limbal ring on anybody.  Has anyone heard of this or done it?  I want to know if it is safe.

Latest posts

Back