Life's Entropy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, I keep thinking I'll find a swatch of Supernova that makes it look like not my kind of color.  This has yet to happen.  I'll definitely have to get it when she reopens!

Ugh, I keep thinking I'll find a swatch of Supernova that makes it look like not my kind of color. This has yet to happen. I'll definitely have to get it when she reopens!
You do need it. You need them all. I really want the black body one, although it's not my usual color. It's just speaking to me...."I'm cheeeeaperrrr thaaaan naaarrrsssss...."

I received my order! Although, the first one I tried Big Bang Theory, because I've been wanting it forever, but now, I don't want to take off. I'll have to try Flux tomorrow. 

I wore Flux last night, and it persevered through multiple beers and glasses of champagne. It transferred a little, but it didn't look like it from my lips. Incredibly creamy formula, I just love these already. I can't wait to try the other colors.

Yeeeeeah gonna have to add this to my (long, getting longer all the time) list of indies to try!

Liiiiiiipstiiiiiiiickssss......

Ugh, I'm pretty sure I need these in my life. Except that I just committed to switching my cats to an all wet diet, so I'm pretty sure these won't be in my life until we're dual income again. 

My order of eye shadows and lip theories should be delivered tomorrow. I'm  not back at my school apartment yet so it'll be a nice little present to come home to on the 11th :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I confess this is the actual reason I want Supernova:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM60GAPIXTY

Hello, 1994!  That summer/fall, I was temping for IBM as a receptionist (basically, I sat at the front desk, drank tea, and read all day.  It was pretty awesome.  I think I read J.A. Jance's entire Beaumont series during that assignment) when this album came out, and there was a guy there who was REALLY REALLY REALLY EXCITED about it.  Pretty much every time he passed by the week before it came out, he would inform me, "New Liz Phair Tuesday!"  I initially thought he was saying, "Nudist fair Tuesday!"

ETA:  Oh, wow, despite having listened to that album dozens if not hundreds of times, I don't think I've ever actually watched that video before.  Wow.  That is all I can say.

Last edited by a moderator:
From facebook, emphases mine:

The website will open sometime this week! However, only the Cosmos lipsticks will be available for purchase and the rest of the inventory will appear on February 1, 2015. This way we can spend more of our time restocking products and switching over to an inventory based system while maintaining a shorter turn around time.

After careful consideration, the Cosmos lipsticks will remain limited edition with the possibility that some, or all, of the shades may reappear in the future as part of our permanent collection. I originally released them to gauge the level of interest in indie lipsticks, which was a lot apparently! However, there are some issues with the lipsticks that I need to address before releasing them permanently (I'm already communicating with a cosmetic chemist about this).

2015 will be a year of drastic changes, not just for Life's Entropy but for me. I never anticipated the level of attention LE has received and it's still hard for me to grasp. I originally intended to attend medical school this coming year (not anymore) but my entire life has changed so much in these last several months, entirely for the better, and it is all thanks to your support and encouragement. The next few months will be a bit slow, aside from one surprise, because my main focus will be to restructure the entire business to accommodate larger volumes of sale and to plan for future growth. Thank you so much for being on this journey with me. Also, happy new years!!!

- Jane

I confess this is the actual reason I want Supernova:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM60GAPIXTY

Hello, 1994!  That summer/fall, I was temping for IBM as a receptionist (basically, I sat at the front desk, drank tea, and read all day.  It was pretty awesome.  I think I read J.A. Jance's entire Beaumont series during that assignment) when this album came out, and there was a guy there who was REALLY REALLY REALLY EXCITED about it.  Pretty much every time he passed by the week before it came out, he would inform me, "New Liz Phair Tuesday!"  I initially thought he was saying, "Nudist fair Tuesday!"

ETA:  Oh, wow, despite having listened to that album dozens if not hundreds of times, I don't think I've ever actually watched that video before.  Wow.  That is all I can say.
Dude, I am already obsessed with this show called Hindsight... it's about a woman from 2014 who goes back to her early 20s, in 1995. Yeah. 

Dude, I am already obsessed with this show called Hindsight... it's about a woman from 2014 who goes back to her early 20s, in 1995. Yeah. 
Oh!  I saw an ad for that show on Hulu!  1995 would be a great year for me to relive.  *So* much awesome happened to me that year!  Perfect age, perfect place, perfect time, but, yeah, hindsight would have changed a lot of things for me (tip:  if you are 23 years old and get a constant parade of 20-something guys through the shipping department where you work and making a point to chat with you -- to the point where half of the building comments on it, including people not even in their department -- they're not just coming down because they're bored.  At the time, I honestly thought they just didn't want to go back to their desk).

Oh!  I saw an ad for that show on Hulu!  1995 would be a great year for me to relive.  *So* much awesome happened to me that year!  Perfect age, perfect place, perfect time, but, yeah, hindsight would have changed a lot of things for me (tip:  if you are 23 years old and get a constant parade of 20-something guys through the shipping department where you work and making a point to chat with you -- to the point where half of the building comments on it, including people not even in their department -- they're not just coming down because they're bored.  At the time, I honestly thought they just didn't want to go back to their desk).
It's a silly show but it's gotten great reviews for a reason. It's not nearly as sloppy as some shows about what things happened which years in pop culture, some mistakes, but the main story is so cute, and the music, and the fashion, and the references, ahhh. Also, LOL. That's really cute. I mostly would tell myself "YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN FAT IN YOUR LIFE STOP DIETING" 

Shipping Q: I received tracking, and it said pre-shipment and shipping label created last week, but wasn't accepted at USPS until yesterday, does that mean it wasn't actually shipped until yesterday?

Shipping Q: I received tracking, and it said pre-shipment and shipping label created last week, but wasn't accepted at USPS until yesterday, does that mean it wasn't actually shipped until yesterday?
It could be. There are a few weird USPS things going on lately though, I have heard from someone who works at USPS that they are now letting packages sit until they can get to scanning them. They used to have to scan everything for the day, but that's no longer the case, at least at this particular office. They now let packages sit unscanned overnight sometimes, and at bigger offices, it could be longer. The other thing is I know Jane was having some weird trouble with her post office, so it could just be a fluke. The other option is that yes, it wasn't actually taken to or picked up until yesterday.

Shop is back open for the Cosmos lipstick collection, via LE's facebook:

Website is now up with just the lipsticks. If you would like to order items from the permanent inventory then please include a note to put your order 'On Hold'. Once the full inventory is available on the site then I'll include a code for free shipping on combined orders.
Gahhhhhhh I want Blackbody so bad. To buy or not to buy?

Back