Lip Balm for Daily Use

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by projectswatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  turtlegirl2, if you want a cheaper option for the dr. lipp's, you can just buy lansinoh at the drugstore - it's about $7 for 1.4oz, vs the dr. lipp's at $14ish for .5oz - both are medical grade lanolin, so basically identical :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I use it for my lips & my cuticles, but I do put it in a little jar so I'm not carrying the big tube of lansinoh around!
I second this. I got a ton of Lansioh after I had my son and found I didn't require it for my nipples, but used it on my lips, and it's great! Excellent as an overnight treatment and really inexpensive.

I'm really loving Jack Black lip balms!!! I got it as a 100 pt perk a while back, and now I just keep repurchasing them!! Make my lips so smooth!

I love the Burt's Bees mango! Ive tried the regular, honey, and pomegranate and it's only the mango one that has worked for me. The honey one smells weird and isn't as moisturizing, and I find the pomegranate one smells really perfumed and is very drying. I also like the Blistex Lip Medex in the tube for when my lips are really sore or cracked. I use Vaseline Lip Therapy (cocoa butter) at night for sleeping.

Had to resurrect this thread just to sing the praises of the Malin + Goetz lip balm I got from Ipsy in January. I have horribly chapped lips in the winter, and I've tried a zillion balms. Never again... this stuff is my HG!

Quote: Originally Posted by elha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Burt's Bees Pomegranate Replenishing Lip Balm

http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/lip-care-lip-balms/replenishing-lip-balm-pomegranate-oil.html

I. Love. This. 

100% natural, you can find it everywhere, and it adds just the slightest berry-tint to your lips. I have one in every purse, one on my nightstand, one in my makeup bag, and one in my car. Then there are the two backups in the bathroom drawer. Ha!
I also LOVE this! I love it so much and have been using it for almost a decade.

However, I find myself wishing it had SPF. So, for that, I like Herpacin-L, but I just got a tube of Supergoop's AcaiFusion lip balm with shea butter and spf 30!! It's $8, but it's actually worth it because it has 0.5 ounces, unlike other drugstore spf balms which are $6 for 0.18 ounces. So it's worth it, plus it's natural, cruelty-free, and has a nice red tint, just like my Burt's Bees!

I love Josie Marin's lip balm! Yes, it is rather expensive at $18.00 for a little jar, but it lasts and lasts and lasts and I love the feel it makes on my lips. It's staying power is great too!

Has anyone tried the Bite Beauty Agave lip mask? I'm really interested in it... I have such dry lips 

s1575042-main-hero.jpg

Quote: Originally Posted by emwdz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone tried the Bite Beauty Agave lip mask? I'm really interested in it... I have such dry lips 

s1575042-main-hero.jpg

i have it and i love it. i use it all the time. i like that it stays put on your lips until you take it off! perfect for dry/windy days to protect your lips. i know that some people didn't like the taste/smell, but i absolutely LOVE it, and one of the reasons that i love this product. i also find that it's more effective if you exfoliate your lips first, then apply this for protection and moisturization.

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i have it and i love it. i use it all the time. i like that it stays put on your lips until you take it off! perfect for dry/windy days to protect your lips. i know that some people didn't like the taste/smell, but i absolutely LOVE it, and one of the reasons that i love this product. i also find that it's more effective if you exfoliate your lips first, then apply this for protection and moisturization.
Wow, it sounds amazing, thank you so much!!

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This Bite Beauty Agave lip mask is my current lemming. I tried it on at Sephora and fell in love instantly. It's the only lip balm/treatment I've ever used that doesn't come off within 15 minutes. I can't wait to buy my own

My cousin swears by the diaper rash cream A+D, I've been planning to try it myself, I'll be sure to report back with results! For me I use Blistex Medicated lip balm, Chapstick sour apple balm, and Jack Black Intense Therapy lip balm in Lemon and Chamomile. All work good, but I'm looking for more of an overnight treatment now.

Back