Lip Factory June 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picking my up from the post office today. It isn't my favorite but it does have some good stuff.

For the love of god, why does every single beauty sub keep repeatedly sending out black eyeliners? I got one in my lf box last month. I  hate black eyeliner with a fiery passion. Why don't they send out brown, or gray or I don't know ANY COLOR BESIDES BLACK. I don't know what I'm going to do with the brown lip liner either.

I don't know how useful it is, but I do like the lip serum. It feels nice and has a very very light scent. That's the best product in the box in my opinion. I don't care for the color of my model co gloss so I won't be using it, but it smells really good and the girltactik shadow is pretty. I got the color "penny" I don't know if there are any other variations but I like this one.

the girltactik shadow is pretty. I got the color "penny" I don't know if there are any other variations but I like this one.
I got a kind of dark, dusky denim color called Electra and I love it. My eyes are grayish blue and it's a fantastic crease color for me. I will definitely be checking out this brand. My lip gloss is a  really hot pink, but it looks good on, not too bold.

I got a kind of dark, dusky denim color called Electra and I love it. My eyes are grayish blue and it's a fantastic crease color for me. I will definitely be checking out this brand. My lip gloss is a  really hot pink, but it looks good on, not too bold.
Oh that sounds pretty! The color I got works perfectly with my eyes as well, it's oddly similar to about a million other colors I have, so it's right up my alley. It's really really pigmented. I put it on with my ring finger and blended the crap out of it.

The gloss I got is light pink. It's called marshmallow. Way too light for me, but I can't stop smelling it.

I'm a lot more bummed out than I thought I'd be.
Wins: I love love the lip serum, I am happy I got the top coat polish instead of sunscrean polish but both options are pretty lousy
Fails: BROWN lip liner *leather*? Ew.....into the costume makeup you go for "something zombie" ...maybe..., the lipgloss is seriously Barbie pink "Rosie" and smells like lipgloss I bought as a tween (it does go on lighter *thankfully* but is too sticky for me)

Neutrals: Black eyeliner (eh, its eyeliner, not good eyeliner as it smears easily but it could be worse), The Girlactik star shadow I like but its a neutral from Lip Factory. The formula is great and smooth but they sent me a pink shade "lush" that is almost exactally the same as my Medusa shadow last month. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  (I so wish I would have gotten that Electra shade! *or anything but pink*)

I have at least one more month so I shall remain optimistic that next month will be better haha.

I'm a lot more bummed out than I thought I'd be.

Wins: I love love the lip serum, I am happy I got the top coat polish instead of sunscrean polish but both options are pretty lousy

Fails: BROWN lip liner *leather*? Ew.....into the costume makeup you go for "something zombie" ...maybe..., the lipgloss is seriously Barbie pink "Rosie" and smells like lipgloss I bought as a tween (it does go on lighter *thankfully* but is too sticky for me)

Neutrals: Black eyeliner (eh, its eyeliner, not good eyeliner as it smears easily but it could be worse), The Girlactik star shadow I like but its a neutral from Lip Factory. The formula is great and smooth but they sent me a pink shade "lush" that is almost exactally the same as my Medusa shadow last month. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  (I so wish I would have gotten that Electra shade! *or anything but pink*)

I have at least one more month so I shall remain optimistic that next month will be better haha.
@ - One thing that sets this sub apart from others is the ability to request certain colors & request not to receive certain colors. If you put your requests in the comments section at the end of the beauty profile they do their best to honor your color likes & dislikes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@ - One thing that sets this sub apart from others is the ability to request certain colors & request not to receive certain colors. If you put your requests in the comments section at the end of the beauty profile they do their best to honor your color likes & dislikes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's actually kinda why I'm so bummed out. Last month I put a bunch of colors in the comments section and not a single one was honored by my changes. *I never would have thought to specify no brown lip pencils though! lol*

I will say that even with the not so ideal color choices I did like most of the brands I received so Its hard to truly complain aside from just feeling a little bummed. Ill have to go back in and adjust my beauty profile. Better luck next month for me! Thank you for the tip though!

Ok, Id love some feedback if anyone is willing. I tried the brown lip liner and I surprisingly dig it. What do you guys think? Does this color "work" if I'm confident enough to rock it? *forgive the fact that I'm post shower and have no other makeup on aside left over waterproof mascara*
I kept remembering that Lime Crime just came out with a brown "Salem" color that others have been loving so I had to give it a shot... IMG_01471.JPG

Ok, Id love some feedback if anyone is willing. I tried the brown lip liner and I surprisingly dig it. What do you guys think? Does this color "work" if I'm confident enough to rock it? *forgive the fact that I'm post shower and have no other makeup on aside left over waterproof mascara*

I kept remembering that Lime Crime just came out with a brown "Salem" color that others have been loving so I had to give it a shot...
IMG_01471.JPG
@ - I love the color! In fact, I am now going to try to track one down myself!

I've had to send an email this morning as my box still hasn't turned up in the uk. And like last month had taken ages . Shipped 19th only usually takes a week . Has anyone know if they have changed shipper as it used to be so quick . It seems to be in Miami for over 2 weeks. I not looked at sports as such this month .

my box showed up and looking online there seems some variants to the boxes and products, i got the nail strengthener so I'm happy.my shadow is in the shade LUSH.

Last edited by a moderator:

I kept remembering that Lime Crime just came out with a brown "Salem" color that others have been loving so I had to give it a shot...
IMG_01471.JPG
It looks fantastic! It didn't work at all for me, but I love it on you. Suits your coloring, looks beautiful on you.

This was my first Lip Factory box and I'm happy with EVERY single item. Like really :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I needed a red liner and it swatched really well. The lipgloss is so me; nude-ish pink is what I wear almost everyday. And the frosty pinky shade of the eyeshadow is by far the prettiest shade I've ever recieved in a sub before. Wore it today and It looked beautiful with my eyes  :wub:

I got the nail strengthener which I need; running low on my nailtiques one so it will be useful. Haven't tried the lip serum but I'm sure I'll enjoy it aswell since my lips are quite dry. 

The only thing I'm meh about is the black eyeliner, only because I have so many. So haven't opened it. Wont do either until I need a new one!

July will be my first month. Any spoilers anywhere? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think if you check their facebook they give hints (July will be my first box too!) so far it looks like they'll have purple MAC lipstick and then maybe/also a purple eyeshadow!

I'm pretty excited for different lipsticks that are something other than red :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

None of the stuff on their facebook page are spoilers, they don't really do spoilers, they just post pretty things, but if you wait another week or two you can search on instagram and other people's boxes will start popping up.

None of the stuff on their facebook page are spoilers, they don't really do spoilers, they just post pretty things, but if you wait another week or two you can search on instagram and other people's boxes will start popping up.
Totally guilty of stalking instagram tags, Its the only way to find out what we are getting that I have found and I love that we may get different shades but we do get the same items so the surprise is still there.

Totally guilty of stalking instagram tags, Its the only way to find out what we are getting that I have found and I love that we may get different shades but we do get the same items so the surprise is still there.
Oh god, I do it every month. The suspense kills me. It's my favorite sub and I need to know what I'm getting.

Back