Lip gloss..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I've just bought Revlon's lipgloss in Pink Afterglow and it works pretty good. My favs at the moment are Loreal HIP's Jellie Balm (I have the one in Ripe #220) I love the shine in this one and CoverGirl Wetslicks in Slaphappy.

Hey, so I don't know where to post about Drugstore lip glosses, BUT I found one yesterday that I must tell everyone..

Cover Girl WetSlicks Amazement (color I chose un-wined) price range $5-$7

First and foremost this lip gloss is worth every penny, I hate spending so much money for beauty products but sometimes the expensive ones are the best. Usually I find the perfect lip gloss for me at Sephora or Macy's, problem is I don't want to spend $20 for it, I can get a mani-pedi and my eyebrows done with $20. And don't get me wrong there are really good ones in drugstores, but I hate that they mostly have lots of shimmer, I think most girls look great with shimmer makeup, however it's not for me. I love color and gloss! which is why I believe this is perfect for me. Also NO STICKINESS! This is not sticky which is something you can't really say about most lip gloss. If anyone is looking to get new lip gloss, definately get this, you can find your shade and it is so worth it. And please let me know what you guys think also.

Something important I forgot to mention, Cover Girl and Crest combined for this product, so it has a peperminty taste to it which is awesome. There are people saying it makes your breath better. It does not, it's lip gloss not actually toothpaste.

Lastly, I cannot post the link for some reason, but it's one the  Cover Girl website, but do not count on those colors, they don't actually match. For example on the site my color unwined looked purple, but its actually a cranberry color. 

Out of the brands you listed, I'd go with Stila lip glazes. There's a good color range and you'll probably dig the brush and twist up application.

I'm not really into lipglosses or high end brands... but I do know that the lipgloss I'm using right now is great. I've tried many brands before, nyx, e.l.f, stila, a couple from L.A girl but they're nothing compared to my Eyeko London Lipglosses. All the other lipglosses feel sticky, greasy or just plain "in the way" when I use them, I stop after 1-2 days of usage... and E.L.F glosses are way too strong in taste and smell that it becomes overwhelming. My Eyeko gloss, I recommend Primrose Hill (a pink with golden glitters), has a subtle yummy smell, no taste, and acutally feel like a lipbalm than a gloss. It's not sticky, greasy, it's moisturizing, glossy and I can barely feel the glitter (unlike the nyx glosses) but its there! It's gorgeous. It's been two weeks, and I'm still using it.. and planning on ordering all the other colours + backups and use them as xmas presents to my girls.

They cost $10, pretty inexpensive for something with such quality. If you do decide to purchase these, there is usually a "Offer of the week" on the eyeko website (left sidebar), which gives you a free item when you spend $20USD and also you can get another when you use the code, E12561, I found that off someone's blog. So basically you get 2 free full products!

http://www.eyeko.com/eyeko-products-lips-c-21_26.html

These are limited edition! Here's a closeup photo of Primrose Hill gloss:

I love MAC Glosses, all of them. I also really like Chanel Glossimers, Stila glosses and of course Juicy Tubes.

Personally, I like Chanel Glossimer THE best of the bunch, with Dior a very close second. Burt's Bees is also making some gorgeous, sheer glosses these days too (and a lot cheaper than my two faves)! Glossimer consistently shows up at the top of almost every list of best lip glosses I've seen. I know it's really expensive, but it's SO worth it!
smile.gif

I absolutely hate Chanel Glossimers, but the Rouge Allure Lacque and the Rouge Allure Exrait de gloss are both top notch. Other HE: NARS (lip lacquers & glosses), BE Buxom Drugstore: Rimmel Moisture Renew, Revlon Superlustrous & Colorburst, Hard Candy Plumping Serum & NYX

Back