List some Over- rated M.A.C products that u really dont like

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MAC paints. I haven't tried the paint pots, but I have used Bare Canvas paint and Stilife (shimmery champagne color). I didn't like either of these. I bought them to use as an eyeshadow base, as the SA said that is primarily what they are used for. They dry VERY quickly, don't blend very well, and don't hold eyeshadow any longer than without using a base.

Waste of $30.

Select Moisturecover concealer- was too yellow for me, and the application wasn't great either.

Prep + Prime Skin- It was an ok product for me, nothing special. But what made me unhappy with it was it broke me out.

Fluidlines- I understand its HG for many, but it just didn't do much for me.

Originally Posted by Mixie87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh and..Luminary lusterglass....why spend 18$ for a clear gloss with sparkle in it.

Yup, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif The entire MAC line is overrated and overpriced. I way agree with you. I mean, i have a couple of thier products that i practically had to put out for. At the end it was just alright...

Nylon eyeshadow. I've attempted to use it a few times, but the color payoff and blendability are really poor.

I don't like any of the mineralized eyeshadows. They don't seem to stay on throughout the day like the normal ones.

Originally Posted by Lajja /img/forum/go_quote.gif Studio Fix..foundation & concealor the foundation is probably the one and only product i like from them.

i think the eyeshadows are nic and workk well....im inlove iwth electric eeel....but its over priced.

MAC club eyeshadow. IT'S highly raved...but on my eyes it just turns a muddy brown color...

hate it

The shadestick that was expensive and isn't as good as the Physician's Formula Colour Eyes that was heaps cheaper and looks to be by the same manufacturer.

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif The entire MAC line is overrated and overpriced. I agree 100%!!

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif The entire MAC line is overrated and overpriced. I have to agree with you even though I've never bought anything from MAC the prices just turn me away! But I do want some brushes.

I never bought any MAC stuff before, so here's my two cents:

They do carry a full line of bold colors more than any high-end companies. So kudos to them. I've heard that MAC brushes have some great brushes and some not so great. Their lip products, IMO, aren't necessarily staples, as with many high-end overpriced lip products. I just buy my lip products from drugstores! Woohoo, and I'm happy with them also because I'm not a fan of sticky tacky gloss - yeah, they last long, but I dislike it. I'm not disputing MAC quality, but I wish to buy a MAC item if I have the money.

Eyeliners (except fluidline) smudge like no other.

Mascaras suck.

Fix+ is all hype. It srsly won't make or break your face. Idk why people claim as if it does
unsure.gif

Originally Posted by szie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Eyeliners (except fluidline) smudge like no other. Mascaras suck.

Fix+ is all hype. It srsly won't make or break your face. Idk why people claim as if it does
unsure.gif

Very true...
about fix plus

Just the primers. I love their lipstick, glosses and yes, I'm one of those who love studio fix. Apparently, it does not cause breakouts eventhough i have an oily skin and we have a tropical climate here.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by shyiskrazy2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't like any of the mineralized eyeshadows. They don't seem to stay on throughout the day like the normal ones. I totally agree with you on this one - disappointed me so much =[

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif The entire MAC line is overrated and overpriced. I agree.

Clear lipglass

And some of the eyeshadows, esp. sumptuous olive and carbon..it's just a regular black e/s!

Strobe Cream is pretty much acid to my skin.

Foundations are over rated, over priced, it's pretty much breakout in a bottle.

Brushes 217 and 224 hype, hype and more hype.

Lip glass not even as good a NYX 1.99 lip gloss.

Blush I can't see paying $18-21 for a blush when a $3.00 Lefemme blush or a $8 Ben Nye blush looks better.

Mac eye shadows are really incredible and their pigments are second to no other. But for matte eye shadows I find that Ben Nye's matte eye shadows are a better value.

I only purchased two Mac cream sheen lipsticks and that was enough for me not to want to purchase anymore. The lipstick were not bad but I can't see paying $14.00 for a ok lipstick when I can get 11 nyx lipsticks for that price.

Back