Long Distance Relationships

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
um, it's been 3 months haha but srsly we communicate like every waking minute and we're crazy about each other

That's sweet ^^ makeup really can bring people together! I moved from Russia when I was seven and I wanted to keep all of my friends. I did so by texting them, emailing, social media, etc. Even though I have not seen a majority of them for seven years, it's been all good. I think you're doing everything right- keep on going, move to Tucson with him and have a happy life!

hehe funny thing is he knows absolutely nothing about makeup  he was here for other reasons  (no not finding chics haha)

Actually, I just realized, my husband and I HAVE done the long distance thing **der**I got very sick and nearly died during 2007 & 2008, hospitalized many times in his country, so had to come back to Canada for medical 'investigation'. However, my husband is not Canadian, so getting him a visa to come with me was an absolute nightmare. I ended up going by myself, and staying for 8 months the first time. Had we gotten him involved in the immigration process at the time, it would have cost us thousands of $$, on top of paying for two homes and two sets of bills in two different countries. So he stayed there while I got medical treatment.

I went back to his country after 8 months in Canada when it seemed my health had stabilized. Neither one of us had any intention of living in Canada long term. No thanks. Well, in the end, we had no choice. Within 2 months or so, by May 2009, I was unable to even walk again. Back to Canada again, alone, thanks to Canada's screwed up immigration policies. After several months here alone again, we both realized that we had no choice but to both be here. So we started the process to get him here on a visitors visa, firstly because I needed him here not only to look after me while I was so sick, but because being apart for so long was killing both of us. He arrived here January 10th, 2010 and we've been here ever since. We were hoping to go back to his country after 6 months or so at the very most, but it hasn't worked out that way. So we had to start the process for him to get his PR here. Kinda like getting a 'green card' in the US. He just recently got his work permit - this month - and is STILL waiting for his bloody PR. But I'm just glad he's here.

So within our first 2 years of marriage - we got married Jan 1st, 2008, we spent only about 4 or 5 months together. We missed each other's birthdays, both of our first 2 anniversaries in that time, etc. It was really bad, and we were both beyond miserable, both of us constantly crying on the phone. But it did show us both that or relationship is strong and that we are both flexible and willing and able to adapt to whatever may come up. Had this happened in the first couple of years that we were together - before we were married - though, I don't know if we would have made it. But that extra tie of marriage, along with the fact that we love each other immensely and will do anything for each other, kept us going and fighting through everything that immigration, my health, etc threw our way. Do NOT want to go through that again, though. Hell no. What a nightmare.....

I spent about a year apart from my husband while we were attending colleges in different countries and it was hell! Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything you can really do about your sad feelings. But cherish this time, because it will be a sweet memory later. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

LDRs are tough, tough, tough. And, sadly, I've been in too many of 'em! The first was when my first husband went into the military and we spent almost a year apart (just two months after our wedding!) The second was my second husband...he was in Japan during the year that I was divorcing my first husband and so we were apart for nearly a year then.

BUT.....here's the kicker. My old man lives in California. We've been together almost 8 years--and the whole time, I've lived either in Utah or Arizona. There was a period of about a year when we saw each other TONS because I was working for an airline, but now....it's not so easy. He won't move here, and I can't afford to move there. We see each other about every six weeks or so. It's tougher to do THAT than it was to see each other every six months or so when I was in Utah (I guess because we're both more emotionally invested after all this time, I dunno.)

*sigh*

Bad topic, considering that I just came home tonight after spending Friday and Saturday with him.

Back