Looking for a good eyecream and/or advice about anti-wrinkle care around the eyes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm creeping towards the age of 34, and I don't have any wrinkles around my eyes but recently I was chatting with someone and laughed and there was a mirror in the vicinity and I caught a glimpse of myself and saw that the skin on the outer corners of my eyes actually folded.  I maintained my composure at the glimpse of this as if I hadn't seen myself, but inside the smile on my face definitely disappeared.  

Since then I've been studying my face in the mirror like a vain fool.  Smiling big and looking at the reflection in horror over this recent phenomenon, that the skin around my eyes is folding when I smile.  Studying my skin to see what damage may be incurring, I've detected the faintest beginnings of crows feet. 

I always thought I would be one who would age gracefully, but that's an easier attitude to have when you're in your 20's and not being confronted with the reality of aging.  

So, I'm hoping someone here can give me some recommendations for an eye cream, or something, advice (not platitudes), gramma's secret homemade wrinkle prevention, or whatever you knowledgeable ladies can offer on how to stave off the inevitable for as long as possible.  Thanks so much.
smile.gif

Also, advice on anti-aging/wrinkle ingredients I should look for in products (and why they're beneficial) and ingredients to avoid, would be very helpful.  Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Although kind of expansive, the Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminée Eye and Lip Cream is pretty nice. I really see a difference, and it can be used on the lips as well.

Quote:
Abloommedspa:   Once coconut oil absorbs into your skin, the oil is transformed into medium chain fatty acids that are known to not only kill viruses and bacteria, but also stop free radicals from damaging connective tissue. So what does that mean? Basically,  after using coconut oil for a week or so, you should notice firmer skin and less wrinkles.

You can massage your under eyes with coconut oil by starting at the inside corner of your eye and then going outward. I use Kelapo coconut oil stored in amber glass. It's certified organic, fair trade certified, cold-pressed and unrefined. If you do try this, make sure not to get it on your eyelashes because it weighs them down, which feels uncomfortable. Most eye creams are filled with terrible ingredients that are doing worse than helping. Coconut oil sounds the most natural and cost efficient.

(Link removed, please read the Terms of Service.)

There are many creams out there for Eyes but i recommed for Eye Complex By Civant Skin Care. It will cost you $34.99, be sure to read reviews before trying out any product.

Hi Mystica,

Although I am sure I haven't tried every one out there, it sure seems like I have! I hope you can benefit from the tons of money I've spend to eye products. I think the bottom line when it comes to anti aging creams is they don't work. Do I still get suckered into trying this and that? yup. But I think the truth is, I think there are only a few things you can do that will make a difference. 1)Use sunscreen-there are types made just for eye area if that makes you feel better (I picked one up by DDF at TJMaxx of all places for $15) you should be using one on your whole face as well, every day. I think a minimum of SPF 20. Find a nice moisturizer that you like that you feel good using. There are some out there that are gentle enough to be used in the eye area. I really like LA VIE CELESTE Extra Rich Day and night restorative face cream. LA VIE is not cheap, I think this one costs $75 but there's no need to spend so much, you can find nice ones for less.

CeraVe is a great brand, Dr recommended and they have day and night formulas.

Paula's Choice is also a good place to look at skincare as she picks over every ingredient, doesn't make outlandish claims and has long stated that separate eye creams are not necessary. Her prices are good.

If you prefer organic products, Angelina Organic skincare has a really nice Geranium eye cream, I think its $28 but if you want  coupon PM me I think I can get you a discount through their refereral program.

1) use SPF

2) moisturize

3) be skeptical of any outlandish claims to erase lines or whatever/there's no need spend $100 on an eye cream 

4) try not to rub your eyes or wash face with hot water

I don't like my crows feet/under eye wrinkles either, but my husband still thinks I'm hot.

Latest posts

Back