Loot Crate April 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying not to look at spoilers that are up because my husband told me not to, but its so HARD! This is my first Loot Crate and I'm so impatient. I always look at spoilers on the other subscription boxes i get so this will be a first if i can make it...

totally not getting my box today! i saw my mailman arrive at our apartment at 1 and its already almost 3. sigh - probably an orange slip to go pick it up at the post office.

but yes - there are spoilers on the facebook website and even a video a girl posted!

I live in Oklahoma so i was hoping i would get mine today, but my shipping tracking still isn't showing anything. I'm going home in about 20 minutes and ill check my mailbox just in case, but not expecting anything yet.

Ok this is a semi-random topic, but have you guys visited the Graphic Lab Tees website?  They're the creators of that awesome cool shirt in the LootCrate Doctor box.  

Well apparently they come up with cool shirts each week for $11.  They produce the shirts and the designs come in from different artists (each week you'll see an interview with the artist on the home page).  

The shirts are only available for one week and the design is placed into their gallery never to be brought back again (I've seen some there that I wish they brought back).  They have more popular in demand shirts for $15 (under cold storage), but once those sell they're also gone for good.  

I actually purchased these (2) shirts from them -- and they are awesome!!  I think it would be really cool if they made it into a subscription.

OK I'm kinda disappointed with this months box.  This is my first month and got it for my husband and I but now I'm just kinda sad.  I know that is the risk you take but I wonder if the items are even worth $20.  I found an unboxing on YouTube for anyone interested. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y0bAybcv9w

Originally Posted by Ophelia151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK I'm kinda disappointed with this months box.  This is my first month and got it for my husband and I but now I'm just kinda sad.  I know that is the risk you take but I wonder if the items are even worth $20.  I found an unboxing on YouTube for anyone interested. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y0bAybcv9w
Gah, I couldn't help myself and watched the vid!!  I actually liked the box but I agree -- they could have added more things.  I "think" that's why they're giving away valuable raffle prizes (May 1 - May 7 they'll be selecting winners -- hopefully it'll be everyone -- so keep the raffle tickets found in your box).

For LootCrate, we're really paying $13.37 + tax/S&H.  The base value of the box is usually worth $15-20+ (this is the value you'd pay if you went out and bought the items on your own).  For this box, the Street Fighter products alone are worth $15 (more if you had to pay for S&H).  

I don't really mind the S&H because I know you can't really get "free shipping" -- companies that claim to do this usually build in S&H into the monthly subscription fee or you have to purchase a certain amount that covers the S&H. 

I also think if you're not a fan of novelty items -- this box definitely won't be for you, because they give tons of novelty items (esp toys & figurines). 

I also couldnt help it and looked at the spoilers. I'm not that excited about anything, but i know my husband will like it and hes the main reason i got the box anyway so im fine with it. My shipping finally updated and it hasnt even left california yet so im thinking maybe by the middle of the week ill have mine.

I got shipping info on the 20th. Here's hoping I get both boxes for my kids at the same time. Otherwise I'm gonna have a fight on my hands. Lol

My crate is in the next town over but isn't due until the 25th. I am pretty happy about this one because

I love MarioKart very very much (the bag) and I think the SF stuff is awesome. Can't wait!

Argh, I have been toying with the idea of subbing to this box for months but never took the plunge. I can't really justify another sub service right now unless I drop one but depending how May's Popsugar goes that may well be happening. 

Excited to see what you guys get!

I got mine today!!  Despite my initial impression from spoilers, I thought I wasn't going to like this box.... but I actually loved it!  I'm anxious to see what they're giving away in the raffle 
laughno.gif

Does anyone know what the chances were of getting Vega in the KidRobot blind box?  The box just has ?/?? on it :x

Originally Posted by bumbeaute /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine today!!  Despite my initial impression from spoilers, I thought I wasn't going to like this box.... but I actually loved it!  I'm anxious to see what they're giving away in the raffle 
laughno.gif

Does anyone know what the chances were of getting Vega in the KidRobot blind box?  The box just has ?/?? on it :x

Looks awesome, I can't wait for mine! I think that the chances of getting

Vega on the SF figure must be ultra rare, assuming? I wonder. lol now I am wanting Vega.

I got it!!! I haven't done my review or anything but I am so excited and I love the box! Ladies, don't forget to save your drawing tickets, they are so little that I darn near threw mine out accidentally, Luckily I remembered! Here is what I got (I'll get the rest of the photos edited soon):

Originally Posted by rockhoundluna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got it!!! I haven't done my review or anything but I am so excited and I love the box! Ladies, don't forget to save your drawing tickets, they are so little that I darn near threw mine out accidentally, Luckily I remembered! Here is what I got (I'll get the rest of the photos edited soon):

we got the same box! my key chain was different but my street fighter guy is the same :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back