Loreal Color Pulse

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of using the loreal color pulse on black hair? The loreal color pulse is a hair coloring moouse that is suppose to stay on for 8-10 washes? I don't know about it.. but has anybody tried the chilled plum on natural black hair...? Just wondering..
icon_wink.gif

Welcome to MuT nounierocks! I'm Laura from ireland. I havent tried L'Oreal Colour Pulse yet but i have been meaning to for a while now. I think because its only semi-permanent dye that it might not work as well as permanent dyes but its always worth a shot! At least you know it washes out after a few washes if it doesnt work out how you'd like it to
biggrin.gif

If you need help with anything on this site just shout!

Welcome nounie! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet ya!
wink.gif

I've never tried this - so I'm not very familiar with it... I think that being it's only a temporary mousse, you may see a slight 'tinge' of color... because it will coat the hair w/ the color instead of penetrating through - but honestly these things are usually nothing by nothing - and on black hair, although you might see a little color... I wouldn't expect anything drastic.
icon_neutral.gif
But if you want to give it a try, it won't hurt.
redface.gif

Alright alright, guess what? I tried the color pulse just a couple of hours ago... if you have black hair... you can only use the chilled plum (purple color) or the electric black... but why would you use electric black on already jet black hair? anyways.. the chilled plum doesn't show very well.. you can't really tell.. but when you're in light, it really gives you a good highlighted color.. kind of brownish purple i guess... 'cause trust me, i have wayy black hair.. i guess this product is okay.. too bad it'll wash off sooner than most other products..

Originally Posted by nounierocks Alright alright, guess what? I tried the color pulse just a couple of hours ago... if you have black hair... you can only use the chilled plum (purple color) or the electric black... but why would you use electric black on already jet black hair? anyways.. the chilled plum doesn't show very well.. you can't really tell.. but when you're in light, it really gives you a good highlighted color.. kind of brownish purple i guess... 'cause trust me, i have wayy black hair.. i guess this product is okay.. too bad it'll wash off sooner than most other products.. Well, at least you can see a little bit
icon_wink.gif
You can also try Beyond the Zone temp. colors (I think they're supposed to last a bit longer than the pulse, IIRC) you can get that at Sallys... and they might have a few different shades you might like
wink.gif

Yeah_ i have like blonde hair and i tried the iced cofee yesterday and it made my hair look 2 shades darker with an orange tint. it looks cute. but then today someone told me that their hairstylist said that its bad for your hair and i have natual highlights and my friend told me that it could take out your highlights_ does anyone know if that true?

thanksss

Originally Posted by OhxMyGod x3 Yeah_ i have like blonde hair and i tried the iced cofee yesterday and it made my hair look 2 shades darker with an orange tint. it looks cute. but then today someone told me that their hairstylist said that its bad for your hair and i have natual highlights and my friend told me that it could take out your highlights_ does anyone know if that true?
thanksss

I wouldnt say that they could take out highlights... only cover them up. Highlights are already bleached of color, so you really can't take anything more out of them, since the pigments are already gone
icon_wink.gif

i had brown hair and i used electric black something, my hair was really black.. maybe 2 days. it fade really fast. and i have some purple in my hair, it never covered it, the purple was more purple. each time you wash your hair its always a mess of color, ..now i dyed it black with real dye.. and i tried color pulse electrick black again to cover my roots one time because i didnt have the time to go to the salon. it didnt work really well. im blonde naturally and my roots was still visible, but brown instead of blonde.

i hated it.

Originally Posted by Mitsuko i had brown hair and i used electric black something, my hair was really black.. maybe 2 days. it fade really fast. and i have some purple in my hair, it never covered it, the purple was more purple. each time you wash your hair its always a mess of color, ..now i dyed it black with real dye.. and i tried color pulse electrick black again to cover my roots one time because i didnt have the time to go to the salon. it didnt work really well. im blonde naturally and my roots was still visible, but brown instead of blonde. i hated it.

Wow... quite an array of results there! lol
wink.gif
That stuff is weird... not very consistant - almost like those homemade Kool-Aid dyes
wink.gif
lol

Hi,

I've been wanting to use Color Pulse but I heard that it gave someone a purple tint when she used electric black. And she said that color pulse does not wash out in 8-10 shampoos. Is that true for those who have used it?

My natural hair color is black but I've been dyeing it since High School and now it's a reddish brown. I've been wanting to go back to my natural color but I wasn't sure if I would like having it black for good, heehee! So I wanted to try electric black from Color pulse but I'm scared that it's going to leave me with a weird color after I try washing it out because of my current color. Does anyone think it will?

Thanks,

Audra
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jesusluvsu Hi,
I've been wanting to use Color Pulse but I heard that it gave someone a purple tint when she used electric black. And she said that color pulse does not wash out in 8-10 shampoos. Is that true for those who have used it?

My natural hair color is black but I've been dyeing it since High School and now it's a reddish brown. I've been wanting to go back to my natural color but I wasn't sure if I would like having it black for good, heehee! So I wanted to try electric black from Color pulse but I'm scared that it's going to leave me with a weird color after I try washing it out because of my current color. Does anyone think it will?

Thanks,

Audra
smile.gif

Hey Audra!
smile.gif
You might just want to use a semi permanant hair dye (like ColorSpa) in darkest brown or black... its a little more consistant in the results, & it lasts a bit longer. Plus the regrowth is undetectable.
wink.gif

Thanks NYAngel98 for the reply!
smile.gif
Have you or anyone else on this forum used Natural instincts? If so, do you think it's better than Colorspa?

Thanks and take care,

Audra

Originally Posted by Jesusluvsu Thanks NYAngel98 for the reply!
smile.gif
Have you or anyone else on this forum used Natural instincts? If so, do you think it's better than Colorspa?
Thanks and take care,

Audra

I tried Natural Instincts once... but honestly for me, I think they're a little off with their colors... lol I did this when I was like 15, but "Cinnaberry" (reddish brown) turned out to be BRIGHT MAROON/MAGENTA on my brown hair.
icon_eek.gif
Totally NOT what I was expecting!!! I like the colorspa because the results are more consistant... and it does last longer than the 18 or xxx amt. of shampoos - as long as you aren't using a harsh shampoo.
wink.gif

I have used both Colorspa and Natural Instincts and I prefer NI. I have heard that the darker colours tend to last alot longer even though they are semi-permanent. Espresso is a nice shade in NI. There is a black shade but i haven't tried it-mainly the reds/brown reds

Thanks everyone for your replies!
smile.gif
I'll let you girls know how my hair turns out.

Take care buddy bears,

Audra

Hey Yall!

I'm new here. I just put some Loreal Color Pulse in my hair. I think the shade is Iced Coffe? I didnt really do all of my hair. I just wanted to do something to spruce up my natural light brown hair. I put the mousse in very lightly just so it would add some sheen and depth to my hair. So far I am pleased. I didn't want to do anything too noticable.

<><Loribeth><>

Originally Posted by soccer_leb Hey Yall!I'm new here. I just put some Loreal Color Pulse in my hair. I think the shade is Iced Coffe? I didnt really do all of my hair. I just wanted to do something to spruce up my natural light brown hair. I put the mousse in very lightly just so it would add some sheen and depth to my hair. So far I am pleased. I didn't want to do anything too noticable.

<><Loribeth><>

Welcome Loribeth! I'm Janelle from Ny - nice to meet you!
wink.gif

hey im new!

i have used the loreal colour pulse

i used 'red pulse' to do the front of my fringe

(i had brown all over with a bleached section in the fringe)

i found that the mouse is fantastic as it didnt drip at all while in the dying process

but every time i washed my hair it would drip and go on the towels

it is a rather messy dye.

but i like the idea of it being in a can

cause i didnt need to use all of it at once!

so my overall rating would be 7/10!

Latest posts

Back