Lost weight.. but now what?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've lost 3 pant sizes in the past two months, but now what? I honestly just quit binge eating, which I used to do several times a day. I'm more active now, but not working out.. I just go out and do things more. Now that I have gotten my binge eating under control, what do I eat? Portion sizes kill me because after eating that way, I still never feel full, no matter what "trick" I use (drinking tons of water, filling up on fruits or vegetables, etc.) I realize I will probably stay hungry for awhile since that's what I've been used to for years. I'm a size 14 now and would like to be a 10. Could anyone help me out or direct me to a good site? I don't want to go on a "diet" per se, but I honestly don't know what to eat.

I get so depressed when I look at my body. I work in a cosmetics line at a department storea nd it is very intimidating to be surrounded by these beautiful, thinner, women.

Thanks in advance.

hi. congrats on the weight loss so far!!

the portion sizing is the hardest for me too because i'm hungry all of the time. lol. definitely drink lots of water to fill up your stomach. i would still control how much veggies and fruits you eat. you have to train your stomach to get used to not eating a lot so that it can shrink. but fruits and veggies are better than candy bars and chips and all of that.

start going on walks and getting to exercise to start losing more weight.

In a word...PROTEIN!!! Honestly, you can eat all the fruits and vegetables you want but you'll still end up hungry. What works for me is 5-6 small meals thorughout the day that have both carbs and proteins. The trick is to not leave more than 4 hours between meals (3 hours is better) with the last meal 3 hours before bed. Also, make sure to not eat complex carbs such as pasta, rice and potatoes past you second last meal (I try not to eat them past 4 o'clock). Here's a sample of my eating plan:

Meal #1:

- 2 egg omelet with low fat mozza cheese, green peppers, green onions and mushrooms

- black coffee

Meal #2:

- proteien smoothie (made with 1/2 c. low carb o.j., 1 scoop protein powder, half a frozen banana, 1/2 c. frozen mixed berries...no sugar added, 1/2 c. low fat plain yogurt)

Meal #2:

- can of tuna packed in water

- raw veggies

Meal #3:

- handful of unsalted almonds

- apple

Meal #4:

- chicken or fish

- big salad with dark green lettuce, cucumber, tomato and low fat feta cheese.

- balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp. olive oil for dressing

Meal #5:

- 1/2 c. cottage cheese with fruit mixed in

This works out to somewhere between 1,200-1,500 calories. It really works...when you actually do it that is. I did this last summer and lost 15 lbs. Unfortunately I've not been so good lately, but I will be starting this plan again on Monday. Follow this and you won't be hungry, I promise
icon_cheesygrin.gif
If you are feeling hungry, grab a handful of unsalted nuts, or a spoonful of low fat no sugar added peanute butter. I find that cutting out sugar COMPLETELY really helps get rid of my hunger pangs. Substiture Splenda instead. Diet pop helps get rid of that feeling as well. Good luck and good job on the weight you already lost
claps.gif
I'll keep you posted on my progress as well
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Congrats on the weight loss!! Are you using any particular diet plan or program? I quit binge eating, which was a problem I had and started laying out my meals ahead of time so I wouldn't overeat and swapped out my junk food for healthier snacks. I can't do diet plans. I just can't restrict like that.

Originally Posted by Shopaholic In a word...PROTEIN!!! Honestly, you can eat all the fruits and vegetables you want but you'll still end up hungry. What works for me is 5-6 small meals thorughout the day that have both carbs and proteins. The trick is to not leave more than 4 hours between meals (3 hours is better) with the last meal 3 hours before bed. Also, make sure to not eat complex carbs such as pasta, rice and potatoes past you second last meal (I try not to eat them past 4 o'clock). Here's a sample of my eating plan:
Meal #1:

- 2 egg omelet with low fat mozza cheese, green peppers, green onions and mushrooms

- black coffee

Meal #2:

- proteien smoothie (made with 1/2 c. low carb o.j., 1 scoop protein powder, half a frozen banana, 1/2 c. frozen mixed berries...no sugar added, 1/2 c. low fat plain yogurt)

Meal #2:

- can of tuna packed in water

- raw veggies

Meal #3:

- handful of unsalted almonds

- apple

Meal #4:

- chicken or fish

- big salad with dark green lettuce, cucumber, tomato and low fat feta cheese.

- balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp. olive oil for dressing

Meal #5:

- 1/2 c. cottage cheese with fruit mixed in

This works out to somewhere between 1,200-1,500 calories. It really works...when you actually do it that is. I did this last summer and lost 15 lbs. Unfortunately I've not been so good lately, but I will be starting this plan again on Monday. Follow this and you won't be hungry, I promise
icon_cheesygrin.gif
If you are feeling hungry, grab a handful of unsalted nuts, or a spoonful of low fat no sugar added peanute butter. I find that cutting out sugar COMPLETELY really helps get rid of my hunger pangs. Substiture Splenda instead. Diet pop helps get rid of that feeling as well. Good luck and good job on the weight you already lost
claps.gif
I'll keep you posted on my progress as well
icon_rolleyes.gif

That sounds like an awesome plan.. in theory... in reality I can't eat every three hours. My schedule is crazy and at work, I do well to get a 15 minute break all day and we cant' eat on the floor. I am going to try and incorporate more protein into my diet though.

Whatever works for you. Obviously everyone is different and the only way you'll stay on track is if you do what fits into your schedule. the protein should help though...

Originally Posted by Shopaholic Whatever works for you. Obviously everyone is different and the only way you'll stay on track is if you do what fits into your schedule. the protein should help though... Wow.. my reply to you sounded bratty. Sorry to come off that way. I didn't think of adding protein to curb hunger. I wish I could do the eating every three hours thing, because like you said, it really would help. Maybe I can just stick to it as mucha s possible when Im' not at work and whatnot. But your meal plan/snack ideas were awesome. I didn't even think of that stuff. Thanks.

I totally didn't think of it as bratty at all!!! It's hard, I know, but if you work at it it'll happen. My weight has yo-yoed all over the place the last couple of years and it's so frustrating. The 3 hour thing is what has worked for me in the past, and it's what I'm trying to do again, but it's so hard to fit it into your schedule when you're super busy!!! I guess you just have to fit in eating whenever you can. The key is just making sure you have healhty snacks readily available to you when you actually do get a chance to eat. Otherwise it's way too easy to grab a pop and a bag of chips or something. And if you wait too long between meals then you end up eating everything in sight...at least I do
icon_rolleyes.gif
I hope you can find something that works for you
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Congratulations on your weight loss! That's awesome! I have to agree about the proteins being very important to help keep the hunger away. You can eat small portions of protein and it lasts a long time before you get hungry again. Also addind healthy fats should help like olive oil in the salad. It's all about portion control which I know is the hardest part at least for me. Keep us posted on your progress and congrats again on your weight loss. You are on the right track with the changes you've already made!!!

3 pants sizes in 2 months, GREAT WORK!!!!

I also eat every 3 hours (9am,12pm,3pm,6pm,9pm), small meals never more than 350 calories. I understand what you mean about never feeling full, it took a long time to get used to that (at least 3 months). Water doesn't work for me either, not to mention that I don't like the stuff.

I'm a supplement fiend, tell your boss you have to pee and use the time to eat a protein bar. Drinking a juice like V8 also helps inbetween meals.

Don't get frustrated and give up, keep tinkering with ideas and make them work for you. The "lifestyle" plan that I follow has tons of sodium which I'm not allowed. It took awhile but I finally figured out some receipes and how to adjust the meal suggestions to fit me.

You got some good advice here and it sounds like you've been doing very well so far.

Weight Watchers is a great non-diet system to follow because there are no restricted foods. Its all about portion control. I went off their system because my own personal discipline is really poor, but when I first started WW, I was losing a pound a week and I still ate all my favorite foods and lost 9 pounds. I hate restrictions and diets where there are forbidden foods & on WW, I just watched my intake and increased my exercise.

Weight Watchers is all about portion control and exercise. I don't work for them or anything, but out of all the "plans" out there, it seems to be the healthiest because they don't tell you "don't eat carbs, don't eat this, don't eat that...etc." They have two systems to follow and I find that the points system works better for me than their "core" system. But you can choose. Plus there are a lot of other people in the same situation/obstacles as you might come across to share ideas and thoughts with.

Just a suggestion / idea - -

Good luck!

Back