Love with Food {June 2012}

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also subscribed to Healthy Surprise, which is a newer subscription service. This one is 33.00 plus 5.00 shipping for the Starter Box (for one person) but its suppose to be 16-20 servings, so I hope its worth it. And its all vegan/gluten free. 

As promised per corresponding with the owner, yesterday, I received a refund to my bank account for $7 from Love with Food. (I never received the June box I was charged for. ($7 because I had a coupon when I signed up).

Unbelievably, today I woke up to an email from Love with Food, subject line reading: "Your Love With Food Subscription is OVERDUE"

Once again, there has been another issues, and I am quite irritated! Even after I told them to cancel all future orders from me because of what had gone on, they STILL tried to charge me for another box!  According to the dialogue I had with the owner several days ago, I was supposed to receive a refund (received yesterday, true to her word) and they were going to send me two free boxes in July because I never received a June box. Nowhere in that dialog, was I supposed to be charged for another box, when I never even received the first one I paid for. I also made it very clear in my first email that I would like all future orders cancelled. I'm curious as to why my request on that last part was ignored.

On the bright side, they weren't able to take more money out of my account. Last weekend, my debit card information was stolen, and I had to cancel that card and order another one, after fraudulent charges were made on my account. (The companies that stole my money were from Mumbai, India and operated under the names "Home Goods 18" and "Ebay, India, Pennsylvania"- both are fraudulent companies from India that I had never heard of before. I'm not sure how they stole my debit card information.)  At least "Love with Food" wasn't able to take more money from my account  and they got a "declined" message! I emailed them this morning about the situation. If I get a response, I will post it. At this point, I'm frustrated and  honestly not planning to ever do business with them again.

Although I find it unacceptable, I could almost understand the first mix-up; accidents do occur. When I contacted the owner, she was polite and refunded the money that was due to me yesterday. She also told me that they would be sending out two more boxes to me and that I would not be charged. What I do not understand, and find absolutely ridiculous, is that they tried to charge my account again, after I had requested to cancel all future orders! I've used numerous other subscription services, and have never experienced issues like this before. It is not proper to treat customers in this manner. Have any of you experienced issues like this with this company?

-Here's the email I received this morning. (I sent one in response to this, inquiring about the situation. If I receive one back, I will post it. Keep in mind that the card "declined" because I had canceled the debit card they tried to process, due to my information being stolen last weekend.)

"Hi there!

We're glad that you signed up for our monthly Love With Food subscription.Unfortunately, we are unable to process your order because the transaction on your credit or debit card was declined.To ensure that there's no interruption in receiving tasty treats at your door monthly, please make sure your subscription stays active.Log in to LoveWithFood.com now to update your credit/debit card information. Click on My Home (top right corner) > My Account > Change credit card details to provide your latest billing details.Should you have any questions, please feel free to email [email protected].Thank you!The Love With Food TeamLoveWithFood.com - Easiest way to discover, taste and buy great gourmet foods for a great cause"

Originally Posted by LydiaNichole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As promised per corresponding with the owner, yesterday, I received a refund to my bank account for $7 from Love with Food. (I never received the June box I was charged for. ($7 because I had a coupon when I signed up).

Unbelievably, today I woke up to an email from Love with Food, subject line reading: "Your Love With Food Subscription is OVERDUE"

Once again, there has been another issues, and I am quite irritated! Even after I told them to cancel all future orders from me because of what had gone on, they STILL tried to charge me for another box!  According to the dialogue I had with the owner several days ago, I was supposed to receive a refund (received yesterday, true to her word) and they were going to send me two free boxes in July because I never received a June box. Nowhere in that dialog, was I supposed to be charged for another box, when I never even received the first one I paid for. I also made it very clear in my first email that I would like all future orders cancelled. I'm curious as to why my request on that last part was ignored.

On the bright side, they weren't able to take more money out of my account. Last weekend, my debit card information was stolen, and I had to cancel that card and order another one, after fraudulent charges were made on my account. (The companies that stole my money were from Mumbai, India and operated under the names "Home Goods 18" and "Ebay, India, Pennsylvania"- both are fraudulent companies from India that I had never heard of before. I'm not sure how they stole my debit card information.)  At least "Love with Food" wasn't able to take more money from my account  and they got a "declined" message! I emailed them this morning about the situation. If I get a response, I will post it. At this point, I'm frustrated and  honestly not planning to ever do business with them again.

Although I find it unacceptable, I could almost understand the first mix-up; accidents do occur. When I contacted the owner, she was polite and refunded the money that was due to me yesterday. She also told me that they would be sending out two more boxes to me and that I would not be charged. What I do not understand, and find absolutely ridiculous, is that they tried to charge my account again, after I had requested to cancel all future orders! I've used numerous other subscription services, and have never experienced issues like this before. It is not proper to treat customers in this manner. Have any of you experienced issues like this with this company?

-Here's the email I received this morning. (I sent one in response to this, inquiring about the situation. If I receive one back, I will post it. Keep in mind that the card "declined" because I had canceled the debit card they tried to process, due to my information being stolen last weekend.)

"Hi there!

We're glad that you signed up for our monthly Love With Food subscription.Unfortunately, we are unable to process your order because the transaction on your credit or debit card was declined.To ensure that there's no interruption in receiving tasty treats at your door monthly, please make sure your subscription stays active.Log in to LoveWithFood.com now to update your credit/debit card information. Click on My Home (top right corner) > My Account > Change credit card details to provide your latest billing details.Should you have any questions, please feel free to email [email protected].Thank you!The Love With Food TeamLoveWithFood.com - Easiest way to discover, taste and buy great gourmet foods for a great cause"
I understand the frustration, but you can cancel your account by logging on the website. It just makes sense that you would do that, and that they would expect you to do that part yourself. That way you dont get emails (which are automatically sent) saying you are overdue.  I think you may be overreacting with your emails and getting upset. Like you said, they were unable to charge you. So log on, cancel and go about your merry way. What is the need to keep contacting them? 

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I understand the frustration, but you can cancel your account by logging on the website. It just makes sense that you would do that, and that they would expect you to do that part yourself. That way you dont get emails (which are automatically sent) saying you are overdue.  I think you may be overreacting with your emails and getting upset. Like you said, they were unable to charge you. So log on, cancel and go about your merry way. What is the need to keep contacting them? 
I have already cancelled my subscription. The problem is that they should have already cancelled everything. I should have never received a message informing me that they tried to charge me yet again today. (Please read my posts correctly before you comment.) It is not an over-reaction to make sure that businesses do not treat myself or customers this way in the future. I chose to order a "Love with Food" box based on recommendations and reviews that I had read on this website. (The same goes for other subscription boxes that I am subscribed to and enjoy. I base many of my purchases off of reviews I read on this website, because I feel that it offers good information/reviews on products/services). I feel it appropriate to post and inform others about what has happened to me, so that it will hopefully not happen to anyone else in the future. What has occurred is poor business, plain and simple. If you dislike my post, in your own words, "go about your merry way". There is no need for you to leave a rude comment. 

I should have not been charged for a box that I never received. They also should not have attempted to charge me again, after I already requested that my subscription be canceled and my account closed. That is the problem, and that is why there is a need to contact them and have the issue resolved. 

I have already cancelled my subscription. The problem is that they should have already cancelled everything. I should have never received a message informing me that they tried to charge me yet again today. (Please read my posts correctly before you comment.) It is not an over-reaction to make sure that businesses do not treat myself or customers this way in the future. I chose to order a "Love with Food" box based on recommendations and reviews that I had read on this website. (The same goes for other subscription boxes that I am subscribed to and enjoy. I base many of my purchases off of reviews I read on this website, because I feel that it offers good information/reviews on products/services). I feel it appropriate to post and inform others about what has happened to me, so that it will hopefully not happen to anyone else in the future. What has occurred is poor business, plain and simple. If you dislike my post, in your own words, "go about your merry way". There is no need for you to leave a rude comment.  I should have not been charged for a box that I never received. They also should not have attempted to charge me again, after I already requested that my subscription be canceled and my account closed. That is the problem, and that is why there is a need to contact them and have the issue resolved. 
That last email you received is one that is sent out automatically. If you had canceled the account, you would not have received it. I did read your comment. This is mine. Sorry if you dont like it.

I subbed, they didn't charge, now they are in a rush to charge me. 40 days later. Strange and stranger.

I haven't had any problems with them, yet. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So far, everything's been okay. I got charged for my birchbox, myglam and love with food on the same day. I think this is a sub I'll keep for a long time, provided I don't have any difficulties with them in the future. 

Ahh. when did they start shipping? I never got a shipment notification
frown.gif

I just got my July box as well. It's my first box and I'm in love! It actually came with 3 lollipops but, I ate one ahha. I'm excited to try everything.

I might possibly purchase more of the lollipops. They were interesting.
Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ahh. when did they start shipping? I never got a shipment notification
frown.gif
According to their Facebook, they started shipping them out on Monday and Tuesday. You'll probably get yours no later than Saturday.

I came home to my box! The corn chips were gone in about a minute. I loved them! The blue tortilla chips are ridiculously salty. Thats all I have tried so far :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They don't usually send shipping notices, but if you reach out to them, they can give you a tracking number. 

I got my box yesterday too...the fudge sauce goes wonderfully with the carmel sauce from last month (or was it a couple months ago??), especially over ice cream...yum!  My bf is very excited about trying the chipotle ketchup--I'm pumped to try the pina colada flavored candy :)

I tried the chipotle ketchup last night and it was really good & this is coming from someone who doesn't like chipotle or ketchup flavored foods.

Got the July box today. Everything looks great! The whale tails are cute. I liked the sweet corn snack.( i love corn though LOL)

We got 2 July boxes because our June box never got delivered.

Back