Loving Lumiere "wet" Application

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh awesome, love the look and I am 48 and MUCH better and more natural on my skin. I mix a bit with moisturizer

You look gorgeous! Very dewy and youthful appearance.. I prefer the wet application as well.

I'm definitely going to apply my lumiere wet.. whenever it arrives!

How did you apply it wet -- with a brush, sponge, etc?

Your skin looks very flawless! I love using the wet method for all my mineral foundation...but Lumiere FF is awesome! The difference is that I swirl, tap, wet the brush, and finally buff.

Laura

citre- When I used to apply it wet I first started with a normal makeup sponge (I dont recomend this) - then I switched to a flocked sponge. I think you can also spray a little water on your kabuki.. probably after your brush picks up the minerals (I think).

Can someone explain to me what is the wet application and how you do it?

I have Lumiere. First order of mineral make up !!! I would love to have some feedback
smile.gif

Thanks in advance and have a Merry Christmas all !!

Hi Lapuce

This is an updated version of how I' ve been using the "Wet" method, I am now spritzing my brush (Synthetic Flat top )with a rose hydrosol and swirling the brush in the minerals and applying it like that. Just don't over "wet" the brush a light spritz should do it. I don't use this method all the time, I like it more when my face feels a little dryer than usual or I want a Tad more coverage. I use Lumiere foundation, so I'm not sure that it works with "all" types of mineral foundation.

Hope that helps
smile.gif

You really look fantastic. And your nose definitely DOES NOT take over the photo.
rotfl.gif
Your nose suits your face and balances out all of your features. You've been looking at too many of those celebrity cookie cutter models haven't you? Is it me, or do they all look the same?

Too bad that Lumiere didn't work for me, but it just goes to show what doesn't work for one person looks fantastic on another. I agree too - you look way too young to have a 16 year old. You sure about that????
glasses.gif
Or did you mean you ARE a 16 year old!

CooCoo
sheep.gif

Originally Posted by coocoo4coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif You really look fantastic. And your nose definitely DOES NOT take over the photo.
rotfl.gif
Your nose suits your face and balances out all of your features. You've been looking at too many of those celebrity cookie cutter models haven't you? Is it me, or do they all look the same?

Too bad that Lumiere didn't work for me, but it just goes to show what doesn't work for one person looks fantastic on another. I agree too - you look way too young to have a 16 year old. You sure about that????
glasses.gif
Or did you mean you ARE a 16 year old!

CooCoo
sheep.gif

Thanks For the compliments CooCoo, I have my share of hangups, and my nose is one of them LOL! And yeah your right I wouldn't want to look like one of those cookie cutter models! And my son is now 17 years old! He bought me a Lumiere Kit for Xmas since he says that I'm obsessed with mineral makeup LOL! he's right!

Thanks again for making me feel good about my age
smile.gif

Hi LaColora. I agree that you don't look anywhere near to your age and that you are very beautiful (mmu applied wet, dry, however). Lucky you w/such a wonderfully attentive son who got you something you'd really love for Xmas- mineral makeup by Lumiere. Which kit did he buy you?

Thank you Lacolora for your advices. I will try to do the wet application.Hopefully It will work.

You look great!!! You seem to have a very caring son
smile.gif

I am also curious about what kit you got
smile.gif

Take care

Steph

Originally Posted by lacolora /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey ladies:
I tried my Lumiere using the "wet " application, and I really have to say, that I think I like it better than dry. I feel less tight for some reason and it seems to give more coverage I do have freckles and as you can tell by the pics it covers them too!

(i was still a little swollen since it was early morning) but took these pics while waiting for my 16 and 12 year old to get ready for school they take forever LOL!

I'm using Lumiere Medium Beige and Lumiere's "Consequence" as my blush. I'm also using their black liner. Don't use alot of makeup to go to work, so that's all I had on that day.

PS: Excuse the Big nose when I take pics up close it takes over the camera LOL!

Just thought I'd share......................

you look great!!!!

Originally Posted by lapuce /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you Lacolora for your advices. I will try to do the wet application.Hopefully It will work.You look great!!! You seem to have a very caring son
smile.gif

I am also curious about what kit you got
smile.gif

Take care

Steph

Hey Lapuce:
Thanks for the compliments once again, Gosh you guys really know how to make a girl feel great! LOL! As for the kit, I was running out of my full size Lumiere, so my son bought me the starter kit#6. Which to me is the perfect size! I wear the Medium Beige 2.3 in Cashmere formula (I use to have to mix light medium beige and Medium Beige) but the 2.3 seems to be perfect for right now. The blush I chose the Sahara Blushing Bronzer (it's sooo pretty) it gives you such a glow and brownish sunkissed looked that I loved. Oh my God and the biggest surprise was what a chose for the eye shadow (I like to wetline my eyeshadows and use them as eyeliners) I got the Peppermint Patti, it's so lovely I didn't think I could pull it off, but @ the Lumiere's Addict Forum they raved it so much, that I just had to get it! It's a brownish color with green sparkles and when wetlined the green sparkles light up, it's beautiful it's definetly a going out color. I got the pearlpowder in the kit, I haven't played with that too much yet but I like the feel of it. I love Lumiere, so I don't ever "not" like anything I order from them. And if you are "dry" like me, the Cashmere formula is definetly the way to go.

Originally Posted by newyorlatin /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi LaColora. I agree that you don't look anywhere near to your age and that you are very beautiful (mmu applied wet, dry, however). Lucky you w/such a wonderfully attentive son who got you something you'd really love for Xmas- mineral makeup by Lumiere. Which kit did he buy you? Hey Nena:

Thanks so much for the compliment, My son is a very good kid, I also have a 12 year old daughter, and they are very loving and sweet (even at this teenage years) I'm very lucky. I decided to have people buy this xmas things that I "really" want! so my sis-in-law also ordered me a blush brush and the baby kabuki from Silk Naturals, they are both sooooo freakin' soft I'm loving them. I actually haven't been doing the "wet" thing for a while now since I've discovered the cashmere, it seems to be much better for my dry skin. Take care! Haven't seen you blogging on Vox, (it's ok, I'm more of a lurker myself)

I just tried this wet method today. I got my brush a tad too wet and had a mini disaster on my hands at first. But, I eventually got the hang of it and I think I like it even better then just applying Lumiere the 'dry' way. Now I have to see how it 'wears' during the day... hopefully it looks fabulous by this evenings end!

Back