Lumiere Brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by saitoyf /img/forum/go_quote.gif Good news! I had email to kim asking her when is the pre buy brushes.She send back to me & said it will be after they reopen their shop which will be on the 1st Nov.Horray Horray!!!Well she might said is 1st Nov, but if subject to change , don't find me!! haha that is great news. I love Kim's brushes and the prices of the pre-buy are usually very good.

Originally Posted by saitoyf /img/forum/go_quote.gif Good news! I had email to kim asking her when is the pre buy brushes.She send back to me & said it will be after they reopen their shop which will be on the 1st Nov.Horray Horray!!!Well she might said is 1st Nov, but if subject to change , don't find me!! haha I can't wait! I'm getting my first paycheck from work soon so I am definitely going to put in an order.. or two =D

I haven't seen anything about it lately. Last I heard she was waiting for the samples from her supplier etc.

The prebuy is an opportunity to get the brushes at discounted prices. Lumiere puts up a (usually large) selection of brushes and you can buy them at wholesale prices. They did one last year around this time and I think you could get the whole set (which was a lot of brushes) for somewhere around $150, I think. They are Lumiere's regular synthetic brushes that they sell.

The trick to it is that you have to pay up front, and there is quite a wait to get the brushes. Once the order is placed, you have to wait for the brushes to get manufactured and shipped from overseas, which can take a while. Then when the brush order arrives, Lumiere has to pack and ship them all out to everyone. I am thinking last year it was at least 2-3 months. (I didn't order but I had friends who did.)

She also puts a lot of rules on it - for instance I don't think your order can be cancelled once you place it, and I don't think they tolerate it too well when people keep emailing and bugging them about "when are the brushes going to arrive" - etc.

Hey has anyone received their pre buy brushes yet??? I can't wait to get mine. I am so excited!!!!!!

Still waiting...I can't wait to try the flat top!
smile.gif

Congrats!!!!!! did you order yours very early???? I can't wait to get mine, I think i ordered mine at the beginning of feb.

Originally Posted by pink_peace /img/forum/go_quote.gif Congrats!!!!!! did you order yours very early???? I can't wait to get mine, I think i ordered mine at the beginning of feb. I ordered mine within the first week of her posting the presale up. I also live in NY so that must account for why I received mine quickly. I used some of the brushes today and they are very nice quality. I bought almost all of the brushes for about 50ish dollars which was a great deal for the brush quality. No shedding at all when I washed them last night.

i just love my lumiere flat top brush but the one that i purchased about 3 years ago has started to shed like crazy. i've been washing the brush every 2 weeks and suddenly the hairs have been coming out when i apply my mmu and when i wash it. i can't stand it anymore and i just thew it away. i still have 2 newer lumiere flat tops and long handle kabukis as backups but the older flat top was the perfect density and i'm so sad.

Back