Lumiere vs Meow: Lumiere wins for me.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mauwong, I have combination skin with a very oily T-zone, so I don't think I could be classified as having normal skin? But good that Lumiere worked for you! Love Kim and her products even though her foundation didn't work for me.

I just used my Meow in FF Naughty Abyssinian and I think it's my summer shade. I was floored with the performance and the flawless finish! My HG list is getting longer.
biggrin.gif

katnahat - Have you tried Meow's Flawless Feline? It has more intense coverage than Purrrfect Puss. I like FF better and the finish is awesome.

Originally Posted by mauwong /img/forum/go_quote.gif Christina,

Thanks for the tip.

It does sound a lot of work. I may be able to follow your steps when I'm not working (i.e. weekends). However, during work days I may not be able to include all your steps (on top of my clindamycin, 2% BHA, BP, and sunscreen) and not run out of time.

I did try Milk of Magnesia a while ago but for some reason I didn't like the feel of it on my face. Maybe I should try again and see.

Mauwong,
If I'm pressed for time, I just mix in the silica-kaolin clay mixture to my foundation. The reason I apply silica-kaolin separately is so that I can control precisely the amount of coverage I need - I have some scars and an areas of pigmentation that require much more coverage than the rest of my face. I guess I'm extremely self-conscious and obsessive about them.

It doesn't take me as long as it sounds in my description because I multi-task whilst letting the layers dry, and they do dry very fast. Also, I figured I'm a lot more productive if I get my makeup done properly to last the day, I don't have to constantly check my face during the day to blot/touch-up.
smile.gif

Quote:
Lilita,Since you've tried both Purrr-fect Puss and Flawless Feline, do you find PP to be less opaque? How is the coverage? I do need to cover some acne related scar.

Hi Mauwong,
PP is definitely less opaque than FF. I usually do two layers (1 wet, 1 dry) with PP to get coverage that I am happy with. I think FF will be better for you if you want to conceal something. OR... you could use their concealer which is very good, either under the PP or mix it with PP to make it more opaque.

On days when I needed more coverage, I mixed concealer with PP. I actually find the concealer + PP combo to be more effective than FF on it's own, though it feels a bit heavier than FF on its own.

I hope this helps!

BTW, I also find Frisky to be too light and LM Golden in Lumiere is now too light for me too. Meow's foundations run lighter than how they look on the website.

Lilita,

I'm not all MMU yet, only foundation (as replacement to Loreal TruBlend powder foundation which was discontinued). My concealer still is my old trusty, Lancome maquicomplete.

I have not mastered the MMU concealer; the powder form of the concealer is making it difficult. Putting it b4, it wash out when I apply the foundation, Putting it after makes it looks cakey. LOL

Since I don't have the PP to mix the concealer, I can't try that yet. The free shipping in Meow is getting tempting.

Christina,

I'll check if I can get hold of silica and kaolin. Aren't they available in TKB? Or do you have better shop to get them from?

It's ironic....I just received my Meow, Lumiere and Aubrey Nicole samples all in the same week. The Aubrey Nicole was nice, but didn't give my much coverage. I LOVED Lumiere in in Light/Medium Golden. Perfect color match, perfect coverage...but strangely enough I did end up with 2 cystic pimples after using it for a few days. Hmmmm. I didn't connect the two at the time until after reading this thread.

Oh, well. I ended up ordering a full size.

Finally, it was more difficult to find a good color match with the Meow. I ordered both Pampered Puss and Flawless Feline samples. PP did not have enough coverage for me. I had to cover those 2 big pimples that apparently the Lumiere gave me! Flawless Feline had good coverage, and both the Frisky Siamese and the Frisky Occicat worked ok on me. But I missed that glowy, healthy look that Lumiere gave me. My face looked flat, dull, ugh.

In the end, I turned back to my old Illuminare liquid MMU. I still have not found my HG MMU yet. However, since I ordered the full-size Lumiere in Light/Med Golden, I guess I'll alternate and cross my fingers I don't break out.

What a journey!

hi nicolet,

i read your post, and have found the SAME issues with lumiere vv in light/med golden. i love the color, i love the coverage, but it seems to break me out, too.
frown.gif
i'm trying to figure a way to wear something else that doesn't break me out (i.e. meow), under it, and then top it with the vv in lm golden.

if you find something you love comparable to vv lm golden, pls post!
smile.gif

thanks, and good luck to you!

Pebo / Nicolet,

Too bad Lumiere didn't work for you. I'm acne proned and I'm just glad that Lumiere didn't break me out (knock on wood).

I offer my mental support for your journey to find your HG. I know how difficult it is sometimes since we don't get to see all the color nor feel them in B and M stores.

I was about to give up and looked at my sample thinking "what a waste". I tried EDM, EM, AN, BUFFd, OM, Signature, Meow, LaurEss, and Lure. Some of which work (ie not oily after 4 hours) but the color is off and vice versa.

Good Luck!

mauwong,

thanks for the mental support. i need it! lol i tell ya, going through all the options of colors/formulations etc, just makes me "crazy" sometimes, ya know?
redface.gif

btw, i saw some of your other posts re: lumiere. you wear a 50/50 of vv lm golden and light golden luminesse? i'm trying to figure out what your coloring is compared to mine. lm golden in vv is a perfect match. is that the same for you? i'm wondering what the blend of the 2 colors might be.

anyhow, onward i go. i think i'm gonna try some samples i got from sevi, to see how that pans out. but, it's tough to beat the great coverage of the vv!

thanks for your response! good luck to you, too!
smile.gif

I tried Purrfect and Pampered in Frisky Mau yesterday, and although the coverage isn't what I want, it feels way better than the Flawless Feline. Maybe I should get some concealer to mix.

Count me in as one who loves Lumiere but breaks out from it. I bought a tub from a swapper on another board before I knew I couldn't use it. I'm wondering if I'd have the same problem if I mixed it with a different foundation that doesn't break me out, but doesn't offer the coverage (or color) I need? What do you guys think?

Hi Pebo,

I can individually wear either lm golden in VV and and light golden in luminesse. If I'm going to split hair, I would say light golden in luminesse has little more depth and is more exact to my coloring.

Nevertheless, I don't think mixing them would dramatically change the color. For me, wearing the mix is a little frightening since it matched my neck exactly (neck is yellower than my face).

Hi petiteMama,

To tell the truth, I've been mixing some of my samples.

For example, I ordered VV medium beige 2.3 and Luminesse medium 2.3. Kim made a mistake and sent medium beige (w/out the 2.3) in both formulation. After I bought it up, Kim sent me the correct order. But all color didn't work, in my frustration, I took a big jar and mix all four of them up and added Buffd Lace and Meow Sleek Angora and Abyssinian (colors which are too light but with yellow tone).

You would have thought that I lose my mind. But to my surprise, the color is very good. Although it doesn't match my neck (neck too yellow), it is the exact color of my face (I guess my face has more peach than I realized). While waiting for Kim to send my full size orders of LM golden in VV and Light golden in Luminesse, I've been wearing the "mix of everything" for a week now. I was wearing this when I took the picture for my avatar.

My rule in mixing is not to mix organics together (e.g. oat and rice powder) but I have no qualms mixing the stable inorganics.

Hi mauwong, I have the exact same experience with you regarding Meow, I find the shades are way too light for me and I ordered similar shades you did. I also wear L-M Golden in Lumiere. too bad about the shades in Meow because I really wanted to try them since there are so many people here that like them and it seem to look so natural on them. I ordered Sleek and Frisky in all the different formulas and tones but they all look pretty much the same, almost the same color as the Cat Glow which is not suppose to have any color.

I've also tried EDM, Alima, Aubrey Nicole, Lumiere, Lauress, BE, Signature, Joppa and currently my favorite combination is first layer with Joppa and another layer with EDM(orig glo). I guess the Joppa controls the oil and the EDM gives the glow. First layer with Lumiere VV and then Lauress Elemental is also nice.

Yap, Juliego. the Meow finish for me was opaque.

I've mixed my samples, but I think I should try your way, too - Layering different brands. Never thought of that.

Originally Posted by mauwong /img/forum/go_quote.gif Christina,
I'll check if I can get hold of silica and kaolin. Aren't they available in TKB? Or do you have better shop to get them from?

Hi there mauwong!
I got my kaolin clay and silica from Sweetscents. TKB also sells them but I think their site is down.

Juliegoo-I am L-M gold in Lumiere FF and VV and I wear Frisky and Naughty in Meow. I can wear N. Angora and N. Abyssinian in Purrfect all by itself, and I mix N. Chartreux w/N. Angora for a good color match too. You may want to try the Naughties since the others were too light during the free ship sale, which ends SOON!

Ruby2 - thanks for the recs, maybe I'll order more samples in the N range and give it another try.

Back