Lumiere went out of my student budget

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never used this company, but based on the prices I'm seeing posted it still sounds cheaper than the dreadful BE you can buy & I am sure this company is much better quality than BE. And yeah, all the shipping costs recently were raised, so I'm sure that's part of it too.

So far I like their stuff too however I will continue with my sample quest to find others that I like and more affordable.

Lumiere foundations do not work for me, but I SO love all other products. Keep in mind that all of Lumiere's products INCLUDE shipping. I'd rather have a slight increase in prices than see affordable prices with a $7.50 Priority Shipping (sadly, one of my favorite sites has this shipping price).

Yeah.... it's getting too expensive for this student too. I'm stocking up on Meow (which also works VERY well for me) so I should be ok for the next decade or so..... You're a student in Latvia? What do you study?

Her prices are still comparatively low if you live in the US because of the free shipping. But for international customers like me where shipping isn't free, it's as if we end up paying for two shippings - the international and the US one. I guess it's hard to strike a balance sometimes. I still like the look of her blushes and brushes and would purchase again but I'll have to buy less products because I can't afford to get more.

yes dear we poor student defiantly need to cut off some of our favorite, btw i am medical student
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by sc_780913 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah.... it's getting too expensive for this student too. I'm stocking up on Meow (which also works VERY well for me) so I should be ok for the next decade or so..... You're a student in Latvia? What do you study? u r right its becomes expensive wen we endup paying 2 shipping cost plus this price increase, i m in search of new line
rolleyes.gif
wish me luck
Originally Posted by LittleJade /img/forum/go_quote.gif Her prices are still comparatively low if you live in the US because of the free shipping. But for international customers like me where shipping isn't free, it's as if we end up paying for two shippings - the international and the US one. I guess it's hard to strike a balance sometimes. I still like the look of her blushes and brushes and would purchase again but I'll have to buy less products because I can't afford to get more.

aH, when buying from lumiere internationally you have to pay 2 shippings? Meh
tongue.gif

Lia matos, I don't think Little Jade meant that literally (paying 2 shippings).

Well, the price went up to cover domestic cost (slap 1) and international shipping is pretty expensive (slap 2).

I'm a med student as well, revising the wonders of sputum analyses, right now.
scream3.gif
doh.gif

sc 780913, don't forget that Kim has to pay for the shipment of all of her materials to formulate her MMU. Prices didn't just go up to cover the cost of shipping products out to customers. Everything is going up, up, up here-average cost of a gallon of gas is $3.22 now. Just read that food prices have increased 4% overall in the last couple of weeks. Most other MMU companies add shipping fees on top of their MMU prices, Kim still offers a tremendous deal, imo.

I am not disputing that her prices are low(-ish). I am arguing that the increase itself makes it harder for people with a budget, especially since we were spoiled with such low prices before. I do like her product, and whatever I think of her, or the recent price increase, or the complete snafu with all my orders, I will order from her because she has good products.

Originally Posted by silveria /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think I will still be buying the foundation from lumiere, but maybe look else where for other stuff. Like the squalane was $9, and now it's $14 for the same size??? Man thats a big increase and she used to have the best price on the stuff, now I quess it doenst matter where U buy squalane its the same price. I bought 3 last time I ordered from her and have one and a half left ~~

sc780913-yes, you are right, any increases when one is on a budget are difficult, but all I am saying is that she is just trying to keep her head above water and stay in business. I don't see her price increases as a means for her to become wealthy off her customers. I think we can all pretty much agree that her products are really wonderful and I will continue to buy from her too!

I'm sorry for the confusion! The cost of shipping within the US is already factored into the price of the products, so people who live in the US don't have to pay anything extra. International customers do so it's as if we're paying for our own shipping and the US one that is already factored into the cost. I think international shipping starts at roughly $6.

Yes exactly! I am international too, and Lumiere's past two price increases have made me look elsewhere. Her prices factor in US/Canada shipping costs. No offense to US/Canadian customers, but I do feel like I have to shoulder both the international shipping and the factored-in US/Canada shipping. I remember Kim and others always mention Free Shipping! But it doesn't apply to me! However, that might probably make it more work for Kim too, with more orders to work on, as people may place small orders more often, without needing to worry about shipping.

Both regular-sizes and samples are so much more expensive now. I first tried Lumiere because it was on sale, then invested alot of $ in sampling foundation shades because I liked the coverage, and her prices were the best, and her customer service and email responses were wonderful. Then she got very busy and my emails often received no reply, even when resent, and I just don't feel good about the price increases/shipping issue. Getting timely replies to my emails/questions is also an important criteria to me when choosing an mmu brand.

Can't deny that I do like the FF alot. Now I'm still searching for another mmu foundation HG. If I were in the US, I would probably be OK with the shipping being factored into the price though, and very happy with the free shipping lol.

I was a lumiere customer until I didnt get any replies despite numerous resends. and the price increase within few months was a turn off. I have switched over to meow, I get replies within 48hrs and I love the coverage and finish!

Yes the no replies despite resends happened to me too. Partly why I looked elsewhere. I understand there's a Kathy helping out with emails now so hopefully the situation is better. Meow's CS is fantastic, the lovely Ashley replies to every email real quickly!

Back