LUXEYARD SCAM-BEWARE!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
was wondering if anyone here has purchased through luxeyard?   website similar to hautelook where they sell all different types of merchandise like clothes, jewelry, makeup etc. at a special weekly rate.

anyhow, i have had the worst experience ever and purchased two items from this website and waited two months for both.  my first order was finally cancelled and refunded after having to make numerous phone calls because none were ever returned.

just recently they sent me an email stating that they credited my "luxeyard account" for the second item, but i obviously would never shop with them again after having my two orders never sent!  what makes it worse is that the customer service rep that takes all the calls and knew of both my orders  is also the manager.  dont know what's going on over there-they have now deleted my review on yelp and have not been responding to any of my emails where i specifically requested to be refunded back to my paypal acct.

i would probably compare this to my experience with gogogirlfriend.   

That's scary! Ironic, that the CSR rep also happened to be the manager! Thanks for the head's up; I won't be giving them my business.

yes to both above!!!  very scary...have you seen their website? very deceiving because it looks pretty legit.  they post new merchandise almost daily.  

it was odd that they deleted two bad reviews(including mine) but kept one up on yelp.  apparantly, the same situation happened to them.

@ zadi-i opened a case with paypal, and then i got an email the following day from the manager/customer service rep, Julian stating  that they credited my "luxeyard account".  i specifically requested to be refunded back to paypal.  they are now avoiding my calls and not respoonding to emails.

Originally Posted by glamigirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@ zadi-i opened a case with paypal, and then i got an email the following day from the manager/customer service rep, Julian stating  that they credited my "luxeyard account".  i specifically requested to be refunded back to paypal.  they are now avoiding my calls and not respoonding to emails.
Let paypal go after them. They don't tolerate anything. Make sure you keep copies of all records, emails, phone records if possible.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Let paypal go after them. They don't tolerate anything. Make sure you keep copies of all records, emails, phone records if possible.
Agreed. I would def give PayPal a heads up as soon as possible!

Hi Glamigirl and the rest of the MakeUp Talk community!

First of all, thank you for introducing us to this cool site! We'd never seen it before and really like it. Secondly, we're sorry that you have experienced such an issue with your order and we'd like to try to make it up to you. Please email us at [email protected] and reference this thread and we'll try to sort out the issue for you. We do want you to know that we take member complaints very seriously and will try to do everything we can to work to a solution. 

We do also want you to know that Yelp does not allow businesses to remove comments from their own profile posted by members of the Yelp community (especially complaints) so we would not have been able to remove the comments and we wouldn't have at any rate.  We try to address each issue and comment as they come in (both good and bad!), and indeed, on other forums if needs be.   Please contact us at the email above and again, we want to extend our apologies for all the trouble you've had with your recent orders.  We believe that this type of feedback, however hard it is to hear, makes us a better company and better able to take care of our Members. 

We hope to hear from you!

All the best,

The LuxeYard Team

Originally Posted by LuxeYard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Glamigirl and the rest of the MakeUp Talk community!

First of all, thank you for introducing us to this cool site! We'd never seen it before and really like it. Secondly, we're sorry that you have experienced such an issue with your order and we'd like to try to make it up to you. Please email us at [email protected] and reference this thread and we'll try to sort out the issue for you. We do want you to know that we take member complaints very seriously and will try to do everything we can to work to a solution. 

We do also want you to know that Yelp does not allow businesses to remove comments from their own profile posted by members of the Yelp community (especially complaints) so we would not have been able to remove the comments and we wouldn't have at any rate.  We try to address each issue and comment as they come in (both good and bad!), and indeed, on other forums if needs be.   Please contact us at the email above and again, we want to extend our apologies for all the trouble you've had with your recent orders.  We believe that this type of feedback, however hard it is to hear, makes us a better company and better able to take care of our Members. 

We hope to hear from you!

All the best,

The LuxeYard Team
Wait, what? It seems to me that she has already contacted you several times and you have ignored her. So you only respond to your customers if they go public with their issues and complaints? It should not have come to this, she should not have to contact you AGAIN! This issue should have been resolved months ago so that this post never would have happened in the first place.

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wait, what? It seems to me that she has already contacted you several times and you have ignored her. So you only respond to your customers if they go public with their issues and complaints? It should not have come to this, she should not have to contact you AGAIN! This issue should have been resolved months ago so that this post never would have happened in the first place.
EXACTLY. She should NOT have to "reference" this thread to have a problem resolved.

LuxeYard acquired Bari Leather Furniture in June, 2012.  I made a purchase of almost $7200 on September 1, 2012.  The transaction on my credit card statement showed LuxeYard as the furniture merchant, with a posted date of 9/3/12.  When Bari contacted LuxeYard to release the funds to pay for my furniture, LuxeYard had canceled my order and does not intend to refund my money - so now I have to dispute the purchase through my credit card company.  I am not the only customer having this problem.  I feel like I have been the target of a HUGE scam!  Do not do business with this company!  I left a msg with LuxeYard and have had no response.  Bari is doing everything they can to help me, but I am very upset about this.  I lost everything in a tornado in April, 2011 - and now I have to deal with THIS.

You can't even file with small claims for 7,200! I wouldn't worry. Credit Card companies are good with claim disputes and will hold the merchant accountable. I had to file some claims with my credit card and they were fair and quick with refunding my money. 

My daughter was a seller solicited by Luxeyard. In September some of her product was sold. No payment to date. The agreement said they would send payment in 5 days. They ignored our inquiries. Finally I connected with the chat portion of their website. He informed us the person in accounting we were sending the emails to was no longer with the company. The person gave me the emails of the CFO and the Director of Marketing. Both of them have ignored our emails. At this point we are glad they screwed up the descriptions and pictures of the product so there were not that many items sold. Several customers got their product, Luxeyard collected their money, my daughter got stiffed They do not respond, follow up or apparently care about customers or vendors. Somehow, someone has to stop this fraud and the ripoffs they continue to pull off.

Originally Posted by Shafted Seller /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My daughter was a seller solicited by Luxeyard. In September some of her product was sold. No payment to date. The agreement said they would send payment in 5 days. They ignored our inquiries. Finally I connected with the chat portion of their website. He informed us the person in accounting we were sending the emails to was no longer with the company. The person gave me the emails of the CFO and the Director of Marketing. Both of them have ignored our emails. At this point we are glad they screwed up the descriptions and pictures of the product so there were not that many items sold. Several customers got their product, Luxeyard collected their money, my daughter got stiffed They do not respond, follow up or apparently care about customers or vendors. Somehow, someone has to stop this fraud and the ripoffs they continue to pull off.
In your daughter's case she has legal recourse since she was a vendor. I would suggest she sue them ASAP or at the very least send a written demand for payment via certified mail. If they fail to respond to that then contact an attorney.

Thank you Zadidoll!  That is the stage in the process we find ourselves.  I have sent certified letters in the past that have gotten results.  Base on our experiences wth them so far, I seriously doubt if this will phase these folks.  For legal action we would have to file a small claims case.  They would unlikely respond and we have no way to collect.  Thought of looking into a local source to pay them a personal visit.

I hope it works out for your daughter because it's not right for them to have profited off her products.

Luxeyard has over 250,000 in charge backs through Bank of America. They are a Scammer Company trying to make money of the stock market. Not from customer satisfaction or being able to ship things they donot have. If you look on google the internet sites they have been forced into Bankruptcy by som of their vendors. They have sued every one they have done business with.

These people are bad news.  

Please contact the Bankruptcy attorney that has filed to stop them and their business scam. You can find it filed in the courts in L.A. on Google

Latest posts

Back