MAC Baking Beauties Collection for Spring/Summer 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by gibberish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aren't they going to be in stores on 4/18? You could try to get one then?
Yup, I will try!  I'm hoping they aren't sold out early... I've been wanting a lavender lipstick for a while now!

I ordered Let's Skate. I'm glad they brought it back in this collection because I really wanted it in the Glitter and Ice collection but it sold out. I was going to get Mooncake too because that looks gorgeous but I feel like I have other shades like it.

I ordered the In For a Treat FacePowder. It looked too good to pass up. I loved te Veronica one I got from the Archie collection.

Just picked up Lavender Whip lipstick and Eclair paint pot in store. Super excited to play with them after work!

I picked up Lavender Whip (it was SUPPOSED to be the display version but a woman bought ALL of the LW's before the MUA could put the display up! So I got lucky there I guess), Eclair and Mooncake PP, and Reflects Transparent Teal glitter today. Thankfully, a friend in Jersey is going to pick up another LW and a RS for me so I should be receiving those in the mail soon! I've been in a purple lippie mood lately (bought Up the Amp 2 weeks ago) and I'm loving LW...even though I've read complaints that it's not the same as the original release. This version is working for me so I have no complaints. I do wish that things like what happened with LW at my local counter wouldn't happen...I understand wanting to get a backup but to purchase ALL of them when you know others are standing in line to get the same color is just a bit much. I have a feeling the woman that purchased them will be listing some on Ebay before the day is over lol. 

I tried all the products in this collection the day it was released in my area & wasn't impressed. Nothing seemed terribly unique to me, especially once I swatched the various products. I ended up buying some Guerlain Meteorites haha :) You get more than double the amount of product compared to MAC's Pearlmatte face powders. - for less than double the price -& it looks much nicer on the skin. Not to mention the fact that Guerlain's packaging is far far nicer. Really hope MAC actually has something decent for fall & winter. At least one unique blush FFS They've been coming across as old & tired for quite some time now.

This collection is so pretty! It caught my eye right away. I think the products are cute and the theme is adorable (a little sweeter-no pun intended-than Shop MAC, Cook MAC). The lipsticks in particular got my attention. However, I heard that this collection's iteration of Lavender Whip is different than the original-a litter sheerer/pinker. Can someone verify this? LW seemed like a very interesting shade. I'm sure many would be disappointed if it wasn't what they'd hoped.

Originally Posted by peakvolume /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This collection is so pretty! It caught my eye right away. I think the products are cute and the theme is adorable (a little sweeter-no pun intended-than Shop MAC, Cook MAC). The lipsticks in particular got my attention. However, I heard that this collection's iteration of Lavender Whip is different than the original-a litter sheerer/pinker. Can someone verify this? LW seemed like a very interesting shade. I'm sure many would be disappointed if it wasn't what they'd hoped.
Yes, LW is a little different. It pulls more pink than purple. I wasn't disappointed because it's a very wearable color for many. Then again, I never had the original! 

This collection is pretty, but I didn't buy anything because I didn't feel like it suited me or was too similar to what I already own.

Well, Lavender Whip may not be meant to be mine.  I was able to order it on Nordstrom's website, but it says it is backordered until May 13th.  Here's hoping!

Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, Lavender Whip may not be meant to be mine.  I was able to order it on Nordstrom's website, but it says it is backordered until May 13th.  Here's hoping!
I wish I knew you wanted it! I bought an extra & decided I didn't need it so I returned it to Nordstrom since I never like re-selling. Lets hope you get it!

It's been saying that since they made it available for order again. It was the same way last time...they allow you to order it with a back order date...just watch your email...you'll get a cancellation email if they run out again (happened to a lot of people, including myself last time). So far it's been quiet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I never get lipstick backups...this is the first time I've ever wanted to (well, this and OCC lip tar in Vintage).

I completely agree with you! I created a review on my blog about the collection and it just didnt meet my expectations. I hope they come out with a much better collection next time Edited to remove blog links, see Terms of Service

Hope you get it! If it makes you feel better, I got Heroine lip liner on backorder from them and it was a hugely popular item.

Thanks, everyone!  I just remind myself, "IT'S JUST LIPSTICK."  They did send out my three free samples today, though.  I thought that was unusual.  I have been wearing Revlon's JBKBS in 'Darling' and the Maybelline Color Whisper in 'Oh La Lilac' to tide me over.  

Im so excited to get this collection on my counter!!
biggrin.gif

Being a sucker for cheek / face products i bought both the pearlmatte face powders, and on top of that i also bought raspberry swirl and lavendar whip lipstick as well as the blue nail polish XD

Back