MAC In The Groove Collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered backups of Stereo Rose and Petticoat this morning. Good thing I did, since SR got sold out in 2 hrs! lol. I was interested in buying some lippies, but since the summers are getting hot I don't want it to melt in the mail. Besides, I like swatching stuff in the store so I'll save it for thursday when I go to my local MAC freestanding store
smile.gif

^^^Angie! I miss ya!

So yeah, I missed Stereo Rose. I'm so pissed. I have the original.. thanks to Angie actually..lol!.. but I wanted a new one!

Anyone else here following the Stereo Rose debacle on the other boards? lol I wont know if I actually got my SR until I get my black box in the mail!

At first I was a little sad I was on a no buy since I like how this collection swatches, but I think I am still more excited for VV in September...

I'm going to see what all the fuss is about today. It looks really pretty online but I don't think stereo rose will work on me anyway. For those that still want/need lol it, Nordstrom's online has it, but it will ship at the end of July.

Update: I went to see stereo rose live today. I'm glad I didn't do an impulse buy online. I wasn't too impressed. It's beautiful in the pan, just not on me.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif ^^^Angie! I miss ya!
So yeah, I missed Stereo Rose. I'm so pissed. I have the original.. thanks to Angie actually..lol!.. but I wanted a new one!

Miss you too Hun! I've been in hiding...hehe :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So you're the one I sold the original to...lol, how funny! I was wondering what happened to my backup since it wasn't in my train case. TBH, I think I had 2 backups of the original Stereo Rose. I like being 'extra' prepared. LOL
lol.gif

Everywhere I go girls are going crazy about Stereo Rose! What is the big deal?? Can someone explain the hype?

It's peach -which gives a glow to light-pale skin. I swatched it and liked it, but it was already sold out. So I came home and kinda figured if I used cheeky bronze over Ben Nye Dark Tech, I'd get a similar effect, so I'm not sad.

I did pick up Band of Roses and Go For It. I'm contemplating getting Love to Love trio. Really pretty on.

I didn't pick up any cremesheens tho cuz I have a BUNCH OF NYX and Revlon glosses I need to work my way thru before they start spoiling.

Ugh... even my local stores are sold out of it. How do I keep missing this stuff... I never used to miss a MAC launch ever. LOL! First Marine Life, now Stereo Rose. I'm mad.

Yep Angie...I was the lucky one who got your backup of Stereo Rose. love it!

Well, cuz ppl call days ahead and pre-order. And then the store/counter managers pick and choose who they will hold stuff for. And then ppl are going crazy over these MAC LE items now.

I'll be honest tho, after this one, I think I'm over it and I'll shop at Sephora and ULTA cuz they at least have loyalty programs to show appreciation for buyers.

I got the By Candelight MSF and Fashion Whim Cremesheen. I love Mac...My order came the next day!

I really love both items, and can't wait to use them tonight! I stalked Stereo Rose so badly, but it sold out everywhere immediately!

I went to the MAC counter at Dillards the day the collection came out and got "Stereo Rose" and "By Candlelight."

I specifically went there, because I knew that they don't get a lot of business, so they'd be more likely to still have them in stock. They were almost out, though...because they were holding a bunch for people that called in ahead of time.

I bought Stereo Rose yesterday solely based on the hype. Im actually really pleased by it. I only owned one other MSF (glissade) but its more of a highlighter. Stereo Rose is def more of a blush. I was worried it wouldn't show up on me since I have that super tan going on right now, but it looks super pretty. I'd say it's almost like sunbasque blush.

i was so sad stero rose sold on 10 mins after the mall opened some chick bought them all at my local store and my friend ho work s at a different mac didnt get to work ontime to hold one so sad lol

I have read that band of roses is really nice. I also bought By Candlelight in the store and im waiting on SR and PC.

Yeah.. the said Band of Roses is really nice.. you're right. I think I'm going to call around for Stereo Rose tomorrow.

I can't seem to get in the groove with In The Groove. I haven't broken down to buy anything yet. Maybe cuz I'm lemming UD's Naked Palette.

I found a Stereo Rose today... I think another MUTer got one too, because I'm an enabler. LOL! I like enabling...

The shipping from Macy's was crazy though. $10.95

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's peach -which gives a glow to light-pale skin. That's it? LOL! That's what the hype is over? Maybe I have to be a MAC-addict to understand.

Back