MAC McQueen New Vegas MSF

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this and was really looking forward to using it as I've always wanted to try an MSF...but I must admit, I'm a little disappointed with the results. My face looks really glittery when I use it. However, I think I'm probably using it in the wrong way.

Has anyone got any tips as to the best way to use an MSF - in particular the New Vegas one - and what to apply it with, where to apply it, etc? Also, if possible, has anyone got a photo of themself wearing an MSF (just so I can get an idea of how it should look
smile.gif
)

Thanks for any suggestions
smile.gif

it didn't work for me either.. too much sparkle.. felt like a disco ball.

Try using it with a duo fibre brush such as the 187, 188, or Flirt Cosmetics feather dust-her brush, which is similar to the MAC ones.

I haven't tried my new Vegas yet, but the old one has a a bit of glittery.

Some MSFs are more glittery than others. It doesn't really bother me, though. lol.

I use the MAC 187 to apply the MSFs that I use as highlighters, and it works really well.
smile.gif

I found that it looks good as a highlighter, especially if you use a more browner blush or bronzer. I'm a little eh with this one as well, I love my Northern Lights one though!

i use a kabuki i got from bare minerals to apply my msf's. Just make sure to buff buff buff and not to pick up too much on the brush.

Originally Posted by vcarina88x /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bought this and was really looking forward to using it as I've always wanted to try an MSF...but I must admit, I'm a little disappointed with the results. My face looks really glittery when I use it. However, I think I'm probably using it in the wrong way.
Has anyone got any tips as to the best way to use an MSF - in particular the New Vegas one - and what to apply it with, where to apply it, etc? Also, if possible, has anyone got a photo of themself wearing an MSF (just so I can get an idea of how it should look
smile.gif
)

Thanks for any suggestions
smile.gif

I am actually loving this MSF! I use it in 3 different ways:1) Using MAC's 187 brush, I do a light dusting of the msf on top of my blush for some shimmer. I particularly like to combine the coral and berry blushes with this MSF.

2) Sometimes I just apply it on top of my cheekbones as a highlighter

3) Also using MAC's 187 brush, I do a light dusting of the MSG across my forehead, bridge of the nose and cheeks for an overall glow. But i only do this if I go out at night, would be too much for a work day look.

thanks for all the replies, I'm gonna check out that MSF thread after posting this, I'll let you know how I get on with my New Vegas
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am actually loving this MSF! I use it in 3 different ways:1) Using MAC's 187 brush, I do a light dusting of the msf on top of my blush for some shimmer. I particularly like to combine the coral and berry blushes with this MSF.

3) Also using MAC's 187 brush, I do a light dusting of the MSG across my forehead, bridge of the nose and cheeks for an overall glow. But i only do this if I go out at night, would be too much for a work day look.

Sounds like you are cheating on Shimpagne. lol

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am actually loving this MSF! I use it in 3 different ways:1) Using MAC's 187 brush, I do a light dusting of the msf on top of my blush for some shimmer. I particularly like to combine the coral and berry blushes with this MSF.

makes me happy im not alone in loving this msf too!

im really happy about it also casue its like the perfect gold shade for an e/s as well!

I have this as well and have been pretty dissapointed w/ it. Thanks for the tips hopefully i can make this product work a little better for me.

I bought New Vegas the day it came out, but haven't tried it yet. :/ I don't know what I'm waiting for.

I didn't really like this one. It looked really bad when I tried to use it as bronzer...I was a gold hot mess.

Latest posts

Back