MAC pigment fakes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really hard to tell what's real and fake on eBay. If you are looking at M.A.C. products then you're surely looking for quality. If I were you, I'd just get the real deal instead of gambling on these fake products.

I am Mac women by all means. However before I knew of mac. i would buy lovely colors from Avon, covergirl, the cosmetic rack 1.49 color,120 paletts and I am sure you have also. I like the fakes though I have many real Mac pigment samples( the body needs.com). i intentionally purchased the fakes. Ihave np problem with them staying on. I just use primer. They are npt Mac pigments by no mean. But I choose not to through away all othe makeups for Mac. I combine diffrent brnads all the time and I receive many compliments.

Ruby, I think more of the problem with Fake MAC is that you're being ripped off if you don't expect it and, worse, if one has allergies or sensitivities or whatever, they don't know what's in the product they have recieved.

I have some pics and swatches on my blog, as well as a small avoid fake mac guide.  If you want me to upload the pics here i will.  I just found 2 more palettes of fake mac that I have that I have to swatch too

Why are people so upset about the quality. Where do you buy a bulk of real make at 60 for 60.00 dollars. I will admitt if you are going to replicate a Popular classy brand such as Mac you should do a good job. I like some of the colors. They by no means compare to the real thing. I use urban decay or NYx and I layer. I am makeup crazy so I try many shawdows and blend my butt off.  Here is a photo with me wearing humid green.

There is a very good reason people would be "so upset about the quality".... if they are expecting high end MAC makeup, and they get cheap crap made of God knows what, and it causes a rash or something on their face? Suddenly they're turned off of MAC makeup completely (and wrongfully since it isn't even real MAC) and perhaps makeup in general, especially if they're "newer" with makeup, which is often the case with people who fall for these fakes.

Secondly, nevermind the quality itself - if someone is selling something as MAC, it should be MAC. Period. It doesn't even matter if you get it and it doesn't adversely affect your skin and the quality is still half decent - they still sold it as MAC and that was still a lie. And that's wrong no matter what way you slice it.

Originally Posted by kayleigh83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is a very good reason people would be "so upset about the quality".... if they are expecting high end MAC makeup, and they get cheap crap made of God knows what, and it causes a rash or something on their face? Suddenly they're turned off of MAC makeup completely (and wrongfully since it isn't even real MAC) and perhaps makeup in general, especially if they're "newer" with makeup, which is often the case with people who fall for these fakes.

Secondly, nevermind the quality itself - if someone is selling something as MAC, it should be MAC. Period. It doesn't even matter if you get it and it doesn't adversely affect your skin and the quality is still half decent - they still sold it as MAC and that was still a lie. And that's wrong no matter what way you slice it.

Thank you! MAC is a great cosmetic company and excellent quality! A lot of people turn to eBay to purchase MAC at a cheaper price. It's wrong and deceptive for someone to knowingly sell a product claiming it to be authentic MAC (or any other makeup brand) when in fact it is some cheap man made powder that does not have the same quality as a real MAC product. It's wrong and illegal. And what's worst is the buyer has no idea what exactly is in these fake pigments: what kind of dye are they using do get the same shade as a real MAC pigment? I would be too scared to use it, you don't know what is in it, it could aggravate your skin. I have a problem with knock offs in general, I think it's wrong to buy or sell them. If you can't afford an expensive product, either find try to find the same item for cheaper, a similar one for cheaper or save up until you can afford one.

Mowgli, I'm sorry for your loss. But you can most definitely file a claim with PayPal/Ebay to get your money back, it's not right for that seller to do that and also against Ebay rules to falsely advertise a product. I've never bought MAC from eBay but it seems like most of the time the ones with the huge "MAC lot" that ship internationally from Hong Kong are the fakes. I would also look at the history of the seller as well..if most of the products they sell are MAC things, then I would say they're fake. Those sellers buy the huge fake MAC lots then sell the items in the lot individually claiming them to be "real MAC" and make money off ripping people off.

Back