Mac postcards...curious

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok what better place to ask this question than on here...why does everyone rush to buy these mac postcards? i notice alot of girls on here have them, they sell them on other web sites and show them off in "stashes", why does everyone rush to buy these? are they like baseball cards? like are they gonna be worth alot someday? im not clowning, those of you who do collect them, but seriously i want to know.

I don't collect them, but if I see them, I grab them and send'em to Marisol LOL! I don't understand paying for them either, or receiving money for them. Maybe it's just me... Now, if you give me a Dita Von Teese one and tell me it's $5, then maybe LMAO!

I don't collect them personally, but I do like picking them up when I see them.

I think they're incredibly fun to look at, and I keep them around as inspiration for different looks.

i didnt even know you could buy them. i got one in the mail for free in a card from one of the makeup artists at mac.

yeah i guess they can be cool for makeup inspirations, hopefully marisol will tell me, cuz i know she collects them! :glasses: :laughing:

Sonya, buy them as in from other members...

Diana, I think Marisol plans on making a a big wall picture or something with hers... I don't remember LOL!

I guess I will tell you... :moa:

When a new collection comes out, the postcards are free. Because there is a demand for them, people who have older cards will pay money for them if they are in mint condition. I think that the most I ever paid was $25 for a card from 1999. In the MAC world, they are like baseball cards. There are people that collect all things MAC.

Now that I have a new place I do plan on putting them on a wall. Here is an example from someone who did that.

wholewall.jpg

leftwall.jpg

rightwall.jpg

These pictures belong to saramwrap on Livejournal.

thanx for that marisol! lol!! i figured it was like a collectors item type thing, and i must admit it looks very pretty when you display it like that!! well now you gotta show us the finished project when your done!!!:ven:

wow! that wall of cards looks amazing! i once had a friend who collected calvin klein ads and did something similar to this.

I've always wondered about his too. Thanx for the explaination Marisol . That wall looks great! Can't wait to see yours (if u plan on doing one :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Latest posts

Back