MAC shadow as an eye liner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everybody..

I'm looking for a MAC shadow that I can use as a liner.

I already have Carbon and Shadowy Lady.

I want to apply them dry so they have to be very pigmented.

Does anybody have any suggestions? And what is your favourite shadow liner?

Thanks.

Hmmm.... I would think Carbon MIGHT be dark enough used dry... Maybe think about getting Fix+ to spray the brush with, and then use the e/s... I really think you're better of using a damp brush for a more intense color.

"Brun" and "Black Tied" work really well for me.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif i pick whatever eyeshadow i want. go also for pigments. Same here. I put a wee tiny drop of water on my angled brush then pick up shadow/pigment. Amber lights is a GORGEOUS liner. Along with Teal pigment. Black tied is a nice black.

Um it depends on what look I'm going for but I've used Smut, black tied, and beauty marked as my "blacks"

Originally Posted by Topazzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi everybody..
I'm looking for a MAC shadow that I can use as a liner.

I already have Carbon and Shadowy Lady.

I want to apply them dry so they have to be very pigmented.

Does anybody have any suggestions? And what is your favourite shadow liner?

Thanks.

Hey I am not expert but after seeing some use of MAC shadesticks could make an interesting change.
Hey sorry I'm new at this and I'm a male photographer and I like either really traditional looks or really wild depending on what you want! I found that some customer like the shadesticks and a liner due to the dense color and it really provides a really different look.

Thanks for everybody's replies.

I tried Shadowy Lady today. It is less pigmented than carbon so I had to go over the line a multiple times but it looks very nice.

I do wet the brush when i want a more persice look but now I want to acheive a more smokey line.

I'm definitely going to check out the pigment though. never though about it :)

Hi,

You've got two excellent choices thus far. Nehru and Embark are also great colors.

Latest posts

Back