- May 19, 2006
- Reaction score
What you'll need:
- Black construction paper (approximately 6" x 11.5")
- Glue that will dry clear
- Lima beans (head, thorax, hips)
- Short, small macaroni in a tube (spine)
- Thin twisted macaroni (arms, legs)
- Elbow noodles (ribs)
- Small shells (joints)
- Spaghetti (fingers, toes)
- Black permanent marker
- White crayon to write their name on the paper
- Build a sample skeleton for the children to copy from. Review the key features with them.
- Let them build their skeleton and have them work from the head down (i.e., head, neck/trunk, ribs, etc.), gluing the macaroni and beans to the paper as they go.
- When they glue and macaroni has set, have them draw a smile and eyes on the "head".
As preparation for this project, study the human skeleton. Talk about symmetry between the two sides of the body, and how many ribs, fingers and toes we have.
Crafts: Macaroni Skeleton Noodles Project For Kids - Kaboose.com