MacGoddess :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MacGoddess- I just saw all your e/s looks, and I must say wow!! You use alot of malani and prestige on there, and I was wondering are you using them wet or dry, Because they look very intense. When I use mine dry, they don't look so intense. If you are using them dry, how do you get that look, Just keep appyling tell you get it, or are you using a certain brush? Also do you like Eob brushes or SK better, or both? I need a good started set, which one do you recommend? Thanx a mill!

Tiffany

Hi there Tiffany! Thanks for the lovely compliments! And yeah Milani and Prestige are both very good brands that are quite inexpensive, that is why I now have the whole line of their e/s and I only have 20 or so MAC e/s... Now that I have good makeup in my palettes, I am free to buy MAC whenever I want and build that collection a little more slowly...

Let me tackle all your questions in order, K? :icon_bigg

- I don't use e/s wet, I will most often if not always use them dry, the only thing I use with a wet brush is the eyeshadow as eyeliner. Then I will wet my brush, rub it in a corner of my e/s, and apply it wet to line my upper and lower lashline.

There are a couple of reasons why the colors look so vivid: 1) I use a fantastic eyeshadow base, otherwise eye makeup will crease, fade and look like crap on my within an hour! I use MAC Paint all over my lid and up through the crease, blend it with a sythetic EOB brush (the white one in my Notepad), then very lightly apply MAC Cream Color Base over the Paint. This allows the e/s to stick very well and get intense color, not crease, and not fade all day long. 2) When I apply the color to my lids, I will load up my brush with eyeshadow, and "pat" it on the lid rather than "sweep" it across the lid. 3) I never apply e/s on top of each other, I rather "block out" my design first by placing the e/s colors I want to use on my lids in the places that I want them, and then I just blend the line where the colors meet.

- My favorite brushes for applying color on the lid go like this (they are attached in order): EOB Angled Brow Brush for inner lid, EOB Small Shadow for middle lid, SK angled e/s brush or no-name angled brush for outer lid and the "cat eye" look, EOB Crease brushes for the crease, and SK Large and Small e/s brushes for browbone highlight, SK Pointed Blending Brush for blending the lid and crease, EOB Touch Up brush for blending the top of the crease with the browbone color.

- I LOVE LOVE LOVE the EOB eye brushes the best, I reach for them the most, and they are lovely quality! But that being said the SK brushes I love the best are the Pointed Blending brush and the Goat Hair e/s brushes...

- For a starter set, I would recommend getting as many EOB brushes as you can... They are starting to get hard to find, I can't find some of the ones I already have anymore...:icon_roll I also would rec. the EOB large powder brush, the EOB Angled Blush Brush, the SK Blush Brush, and the SK Pointed Blending brush the most...

Did that help? I know I wrote A LOT! :icon_redf

SK Face brushes are pretty good, but then so are EOB. Over all, I would say I like EOB better, but there are some real gems in the SK line!

have you ever used Urban Decay PP? I am just wondering because my eyes never look very vivid(i am sure its just because i dont have your talent :icon_love ) I am interested in using MAC paint and then MAC cream color base but i dont want to buy another expensive base when they work the same.

I have never used UD PP, but I know someone else on the site HAS and then used the Paint + CCB combo and liked that better than UD PP, but I am not sure who it was now, lol...

I have found that the colors are MUCH more vivid with the MAC paints than with the UD PP. I like the UD PP, but I only use it when I want the "lighter" shade to last. If I really want a "punch" color...I use my Paints. I am going to try the Paint with the CCB, though...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Did I say Thank you! :icon_wink

I really appreciate all your help! I'm going to get all the brushes soon! Man the more I get into makeup, the faster I go broke! It's rediculous!!!! But i'm in love! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also do you mind telling me what kind of makeup case you use, I am in the market for a new on, and haven't been able to find a great selection.

Thanx!!!

Tiffany

I bought all of my train cases from Target (about 19.99 each). Caboodles...I just started filling my second train case...

lol, you're welcome hun! I am glad I could help out some... And yes I totally know about being broke because of makeup! I am in the same situation but MUCH worse! MAC is my poison and I LOVE to drink it! :icon_eek: lol...

I have two stuffed traincases right now that I got from Target and Wal Mart. They are both the same kind, by Caboodles, and are metal sided cases that have little keys that you can lock them with... The pic below is a picture of one of them.

Also you'll find as you go along that you might want to take your e/s out of the pots and put the e/s pans into a palette to save space and sanity looking for the color you want. You can buy empty 4 pan and 15 pan palettes from MAC and from MOD Cosmetics (www.modcosmetics.com). I have both cases, and they are lovely. The pic below is of my MOD palette.

great tips, lei! thanks so much :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

which CCB is the most versatile? i wanna purchase one, but i want one that'll be a great base for all colors.

I usually will use Flighty but that is just bc it works well enough and I don't want to have to buy another CCB just yet, lol... Hush is good, also Tint, Shell, and Fawntastic.

It is best if you could see them in person to see what they would look like with your skintone to judge which one would work best for you.

thanks! i'm gonna head over there tomorrow and check them out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i can't believe the difference in the appearance of the e/s. i can't get over it!

lol, I know, it is crazy isn't it? Now you see why I love it so much! It kicks A$$!!

ccb= cream color base! I saw it on another post! Disregard my question!

Mac goddess- you said you use Mac paint and ccb as a e/s primer and you put it on the lid and crease so you don't go up to your brow? Thanx

Tiffany

A big THANK YOU for sharing!!This info was very useful for me too!!!:icon_smil

Back