Make my e/s POP???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will attempt to do some swatches tommorrow to show you the differences, but I have bare study and it is great as well

So you think it works just as well? I have never used paint pots before and I am not sure how much different they work from say the clinique eye tint, or my sheseido hydro power or even some sugar eyeshadow sticks that I have. Are the really that much of a HG product?? I guess I have not really used them except for 2 times now and I was expecting a little bit more out of it. I really do like the Red she said smokey eyes collection though. This is definitely a keeper.

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah they work just as well. I use Luna CCB alot and it never fails me Is this a brand? I don't think I have heard of Luna. Or is it a color from MAC?

Sorry, one more question. What is the difference then with the CCB to the paint pots to the paint or the shadestick. Do they all basically work the same but have a different consistency???

Thanks, thanks and thanks again. I love finding out about this. I still want to know though if the MAC products are really that much better for a base/primer then some other things. Will it do the same thing over my UDPP no matter what I use? Or does it make it "pop" more or stay better?

I am so sorry to be a PITA. I just have not really used the MAC products a lot. I only have experience with the stuff more like Sephora sells.

Well, MAC is not the alpha omega
wink.gif
I will list all the things that I have/have used as a base:

two faced eyeshadow insurace

sephora white jumbo pencil

NYX jumbo pencils

UDPP

Shadesticks

CCB's

Paint pots

Lancome color dose creme shadows

Mac Fluidlines

MAC paints

so the possibilities are endless hun, find what works best for you

This is what works for me; I always apply a thin layer of UDPP and then a thin layer of eyeshadow base. I use a color that is the same or similar to whatever shadow I am using. You don't want to apply too much of primer or base as it will just be a creasy mess if you do. The bases I use are either MAC Paints or Paint Pots or L'oreal Hip creme liners. Both make eyeshadow pop. L'oreal Hip creme liner in Teal with a green color on top is amazing.
smile.gif

You can try using Makeup Forever's Flash Color in White:

Sephora: Make Up For Ever Flash Color: Eyeshadow

I own the Leaf Green color to use under my Sally Girl eyeshadow which alone doesn't even show up with UDPP and transforming potion combined. It made my eyeshadow last all night (even survived a sweaty punk show).
icon_cheesygrin.gif
It's a little tricky to blend but not impossible. Plus, a little bit goes a loooong way so you don't even have to use much product.

You can even try and use a creamy liner over the lid to help it pop if your in a pinch

OK more questions. I have not been on here in awhile but I need more info again. I bought the painterly paint pot and have been using this. It is OK, I also have the UDPP and too faced primer. My problem now is that my eye makeup tends to disappear after an hour or so. This really sucks, no matter what I do. I don't think my eyelids are greasy and I don't tend to have oily skin, but it is just gone. Any magic ideas?

My cheapie trick (plus its easy); NYX's Jumbo E/S Pencils. Specifically in the color "Milk" (a white). Pretty much the only product I like from NYX. Just make sure to put UDPP before the pencil, otherwise it will crease.

However, not sure if you'd want to spend your money (and time... and effort) to not only purchase these products but to learn to use them correctly (because honestly, they're tricky to use the first time, for anyone) are the water activated stuff from Kryolan or Mehron. Whenever I use them under e/s, they always make the colors pop like CRAZY. If you can only buy one, buy white or black, but if you are willing to spend more, they come in palettes. FYI they're cheaper than paint pots OR shadesticks, however you can only buy them online, so shipping may not even make it worth it. I'd say if you actually contemplate using them, really look up reviews and videos on applying them, because you may buy them and hate the effort it takes to use them.

You can try NYX jumbo eye pencils they come in all colors and are very pigmented, but you will still need a primer underneath. They cost about $3 a piece.

Back