Make Up Looks.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know any good websites or books which shows some great make up looks and how to apply them. I fancy changing my look, but need some inspiration and idea's. Thanks.

Check out Kevyn Aucoin's "Making Faces" He was such an incredibly talented MA*RIP* His books go through his techniques although my one gripe is that he wasn't more specific as to the items he used&refered to them in a very generic way(ie.red liner,pink blush).Also Bobbi Brown has put out a few books herself which I've head are very good as well.

Originally Posted by candy Does anyone know any good websites or books which shows some great make up looks and how to apply them. I fancy changing my look, but need some inspiration and idea's. Thanks.

Thanks so much i will check KA book making faces. Any idea where i could purchase this book?

Hi Candy! Here's a link to that book, which is excellent! Kevyn has a few books that are well worth the read. You can get them at any book store or the library. Also, on this link if you scroll down they have other fantastic makeup books, check those out too. hth! Originally Posted by candy Thanks so much i will check KA book making faces. Any idea where i could purchase this book?

Opps!! Sorry
tongue.gif

Here you go http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...65453?v=glance

Also, check out his own site, its very cool.
smile.gif

www.kevynaucoin.com

Originally Posted by candy Opps...sorry, where is the link?

Originally Posted by allisong Check out Kevyn Aucoin's "Making Faces" He was such an incredibly talented MA*RIP* I agree this book is awesome. If you have a local Barnes and Noble bookstore they have it
smile.gif

WOW THANKS for that helpful link and info on the make up books etc. Now i know what i will be spending my money on next!

Sometimes I just browse sites online that have pics of celebs and models and then save the pics of the looks I like in a folder on my comp and when I have some spare time attempt to duplicate them.
smile.gif

u can spend money and buy the makeup books. or u can spend a little less and go through magazines. or nothing at all and google it

Try just getting your fav magazines and like loreal adds and that kinda stuff have great ideas no techniques really just ideas and maybe just like some fun pictures or whatever you can get inspiration from anything really!

Latest posts

Back