MAKEUP BRUSHES: What's your favorite brand?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been buying MAC brushes and a few knock off brushes here and there (on and offline). I have been reading good things about ELF brushes and am curious. Does anyone have any experience using them? Which brand of brushes do you prefer? Ashley xo

Most of the E.L.F. studio line brushes are GREAT! Like the flat-top powder brush is one of my holy grails.. The regular line can be hit & miss. Also check out Real Techniques brushes, haven't purchased one I haven't loved yet :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use mainly MAC brushes as well, so I don't have too much experience with other brushes aside from the ecotools brushes & the free Karma brush that comes with the Urban Decay Naked palette. If you're interested in pretty cheap brushes though, the Ecotools retractable kabuki brush is one of my favorites. It's soft & perfect for traveling.

I have Elf eye brushes and i love them.. They are soooo so cheap but really good. Im thinking of getting another set just incase!

I just purchased a Real Techniques face brush and I love it already. It's soft but blends liquid foundation beautifully. Definitely getting more. I also use ELF eye brushes which are great and super affordable. Forever 21 has really affordable brush packs and I have purchased about three of them. They're affordable and the blush brushes that comes in the set are wonderful even if one of the other brushes isn't, still worth picking up in my opinion.

I have three MAC brushes (217, 239, & 224) that are my most-used brushes. I pay much more attention to eye makeup and so I don't mind spending a little bit more for those brushes (especially since my natural blending skill is pretty poor without a reeeally nice brush).

I do have a few from the ELF studio line which are actually great brushes, and they are only like $3. I have a foundation brush, concealer brush, and an angled eyeliner brush that I use pretty much every day. If you are looking to buy inexpensive brushes, I would also suggest Ecotools as the brushes are pretty good quality for the price. Also if you are just starting to build your brush collection, it's nice because they tend to come in packs of like 5-10 brushes, and they are reasonably priced.

I have makeup brushes from Sigma, Mac, Ecotools, Elf, etc. I don't use the higher end brands on other people when I do their makeup, especially face makeup. I have personally found the best Elf brush to be the Studio Powder Brush (3.00), the other ones are usually a hit and miss for me. Another good face foundation brush are the Ecotools Foundation Brush (5.99) and the Ecotools Finishing Brush (included in kit that retails for 14,99) I use the finishing brush as a stipling brush, and it works flawlessly. On the higher end brand I use Mac's Duo Fibre Face Brush (42.00) the most and Sigma's Synthetic Kabuki Kit 5 Brush set (69.00)

I haven't found my favorite eye brushes yet, so I can't help you out there. Though for contouring I found the Sigma F25 Tapered Face Brush (22.00) to be best for contouring with matte bronzer. The Elf Angled Blush Brush (3.00) is my favorite brush to apply highlighters with. 

I personally prefer higher end brushes for myself, but I have found that both ends have their pros and cons. 

My favorite brand is definitely Ecotools, closely followed by Sigma and recently also Real Techniques!

I really like Real Techniques brushes. I have their starter set for eyes, their core collection for the face and their stippling brush. They're very soft, no problems so far with shedding and work really well. I have a few of the e.l.f. brushes too, forget which ones offhand but they're very decent, especially for the price.

Real Techniques brushes are fantastic too! Only thing is if you dont have a big gap between your eye and eyebow, it can be tricky to apply a small amount of eyeshadow because the smallest eye brush (not including the fine liner) is too big in my opinion. But other than that they are very soft and light.

Latest posts

Back