Makeup Discussions: Favorites, Techniques, and Trends!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all!

1. Favorites: Which products are you currently loving and why?
  2. Techniques: Any game-changing application tips or tricks to share?
  3. Trends: Noticed any recent makeup trends or standout products?
  4. Challenges: Any makeup hurdles you're facing? Let's help each other out.
  5. Eco-Friendly Choices: Recommendations for sustainable or cruelty-free brands?
Excited to dive into this makeup discussion with everyone!

Hello all!

1. Favorites: Which products are you currently loving and why?
  2. Techniques: Any game-changing application tips or tricks to share?
  3. Trends: Noticed any recent makeup trends or standout products?
  4. Challenges: Any makeup hurdles you're facing? Let's help each other out.
  5. Eco-Friendly Choices: Recommendations for sustainable or cruelty-free brands?
Excited to dive into this makeup discussion with everyone!

I'll go! 😁

1) I am currently using Face Atelier Camouflage Duet concealers. It has a full coverage consistency so you have to work it to blend it out. The finish and coverage is great, but it can look thick if not blended out enough. For example under the eye area.

2) I use MAC's 209 fine liner brush with Skin Illustrator's Scalp Palette to create fine hair strands to fill in sparse areas on beards and side burns, with a light hand of course! And with patience.

I also use Makeup For Ever's 262 eyeliner brush to create brow hair strands to fill in sparse areas on the brow using either powder or with Skin Illustrator's Brow palette. Again using a light hand and with patience.

3) I've just read about the new Russian Nail trend that is now trending. Interesting read.

4) The recent WGA strike that just happened and the current SAG-AFTRA strike that is happening in the US right now is impacting our work up here in Canada. Only Canadian productions are shooting right now, but these shows will wrap in December / January with nothing up and coming for the new year, as all those shows that were slated to shoot in 2024 / 25 have been either pushed or cancelled. So a LOT of MuA's have been out of work since May '23.

So a lot of my colleagues are financially hurting right now. Now with increasing interests rates on everything, and rent and food increases, everyone is being slowly pushed over the edge. So definitely challenging for sure!

Another challenge is that this... this unknown assailant... keeps commandeering my chair and my tent... :rolleyes:

IMG_8438.jpg

IMG_8253.jpg

5) This mascara brand.

IMG_8473.jpg

Back