Makeup for the gym

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi girls,

This is my first post here. My name is Inês, I am 29 (almost 30), I am from Portugal, married to a wonderful man for 2 years (together for 12 years already) and mother of a 15 month baby girl!

I love make up, I just don't know how to do it to look like those girls in the magazines or even like yoursefes from the pics I have seen so far. I would love to take a make up course, but don't have time right now. I hope to learn from you all!

I have a proble though, I am a PT and I workout a lot, and I would like to know iof you ever use any make up to the gym? Cause I aply my very light make up in the morning (MAC Hyper real Foundation, concealer, mascara, and that's it) and go to the gym for my workout in the afternoon, and right after my exercise I start working as a PT, so don't have much time to go and clean my face (besides water) and aply again my make up, what do you advise me to do?

thank you so much!

You can wait for too many questions for me as I really want to learn a lot of things about make up!
hand.gif

Welcome !

Maybe you should wear waterproof makeup ? Or just apply gloss or lipstick after the gym, it only takes a few seconds...

Hi Welcome to MUT!

I would be careful what to put on my face when going to the gym. When you work out your pores open up, and so wearing too much makeup might clog your pores. If you're acne-prone, i would be cautious. I suggest wearing mineral foundation since it contains no chemicals, oils or fragrances and is less likely to cause breakouts/clog pores.

HTH

Hi and welcome! I don't advise wearing MAC make-up to the gym it's not healthy for your skin. Maybe you can try a mineral foundation? I think you will find many answers here we have a great community.

welcome to MuT!
smile.gif

you should try a primer. it helps the makeup stay on longer. here are a few threads on it...

also, try an eye primer. here's a thread on it
smile.gif

i hope that helps!

Thank you so much everyone!

What exactly is mineral makeup, what brands have this? I am in portugal and I never heard about mineral make up products!

Originally Posted by Sereia /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you so much everyone! What exactly is mineral makeup, what brands have this? I am in portugal and I never heard about mineral make up products!

there's tons of threads on mineral makeup, so it's hard to explain it all just in this one post
smile.gif
search here for "mineral makeup" and browse around
smile.gif
feel free to post in any of the threads and people will help!
smile.gif

also, check out the official mineral makeup thread here!

Welcome to MuT!!! If I was going to work out, all I would really put on would be some kind of tinted oil free moisturizer and a little chapstick.

Originally Posted by bad cat /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi and welcome! I don't advise wearing MAC make-up to the gym it's not healthy for your skin. Maybe you can try a mineral foundation? I think you will find many answers here we have a great community.
iagree.gif
This would be ideal!

Oh, in almost every post I get this message: To view links in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. Your post count is 2 momentarily. So I am sure most of you posted links, I guess i will have to be back again when I have written 7 more posts
smile.gif

Thank you Broken. It is not that I have to use make up to the gym, but I wake up and get myself ready and need to put some make up on to look alive, lo. If I workout in the morning then I just moisturize my skin and then after the workout I take care of make up, but now that I am working in the afternoons after my workouts I would like to have a good face for work, that's why i wanted to know what to do... Oh, I think it is not that easy to look good at the gym, lol!

Hi & welcome to MuT! I agree w/ Jennifer about a primer. I would maybe also suggest either mineral makeup, waterproof makeup, or not wearing anything...

Back