Makeup rules for aging ladies?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too am 39 but tbh I always forget how old I am. I wear whatever mu I like. I've always gone for edgey looks so if I started adopting the natural look now people would wonder what was wrong with me not to mention that I wouldn't feel true to myself. I have noticed that black eyeliner under the eye is particularly aging so I go for a plum or brown shade now. Also some older women make the mistake of wearing a matt foundation which draws attention to lines and imperfections. Easy on the powder too. I think glitter and pearl eyeshadows look fine for evening as long as you don't have deep lines. I think women of our generation look much younger for longer, than did our mother's generation, so we don't have to adopt the same rules that they did.

Originally Posted by jaybe /img/forum/go_quote.gif I too am 39 but tbh I always forget how old I am. I wear whatever mu I like. I've always gone for edgey looks so if I started adopting the natural look now people would wonder what was wrong with me not to mention that I wouldn't feel true to myself. I have noticed that black eyeliner under the eye is particularly aging so I go for a plum or brown shade now. Also some older women make the mistake of wearing a matt foundation which draws attention to lines and imperfections. Easy on the powder too. I think glitter and pearl eyeshadows look fine for evening as long as you don't have deep lines. I think women of our generation look much younger for longer, than did our mother's generation, so we don't have to adopt the same rules that they did. Thank you jaybe! That was very helpful!
smile.gif
I didnt know that black eyeliner under the eye was an aging look. I might just try a plum color and see how it looks.
smile.gif

I am 60 and while I don't use the really bright colors (unless I mute them ) or glittery shadows , I do like to use some nice color for shadows some days. Having hazel eyes I can use greens,bronzes, etc.. I often wet line the outer 2/3's of upper lash with the same shadow I use in the sideways V , or use a gel liner. I do neutral some days, colors others. What ever makes my flip flop.

I don't make up myself like a clown on parade, but I do enjoy fixing up. I strive for a polished look with appropriate amount of makeup. Not a caked on look .

I'd never want a stage makeup look for my job(MRI tech ,hospital) or daily life.

I do enjoy seeing younger women use bright or dark colors, false lashes, etc..

Heck fire, have some fun ! Life is short.. use your face as a canvas someday when you are not going anywhere and experiment with colors and techniques. Embrace your inner

Picaso !

Back