Makeup to not look as oily on a busy night?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is best to tackle the issue at the root, so possibly use some cleansers that are

"normalizing" as well as a lotion that is also normalizing (a great one is Yon-ka PG Creme). Then, a mattifying primer before makeup (such as Dr. Brandt's Pores No More...which is fabulous and it minimizes pores) and carry around blotting sheets.

I would also look into some foundation that is suited for oily skin.

I used to have very oily skin but found that my skin type has become more combination/normal ever since I have switched to more a "normalizing" skincare regimen. I now just have some oil in my T-zone and I remedy that by either blotting or powdering. I wish you luck!

Urban Decay as an AMAZING product!!! It's a little pricey at 30 bucks a bottle but definately worth it. I have oily skin as well that only gets worst throughout the day. Since I have been using this before and after makeup before I leave in the morning, it last me all thoughout the day!! It is a spray called "De-Slick Oil control Makeup Setting Spray", it also has this thing in it that makes your makeup stay put even when it hot(I live in S Florida)

Originally Posted by FLBlkBiBeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Urban Decay as an AMAZING product!!! It's a little pricey at 30 bucks a bottle but definately worth it. I have oily skin as well that only gets worst throughout the day. Since I have been using this before and after makeup before I leave in the morning, it last me all thoughout the day!! It is a spray called "De-Slick Oil control Makeup Setting Spray", it also has this thing in it that makes your makeup stay put even when it hot(I live in S Florida) I tried that & it didn't work that well for me. I'm going to try to return it because it's not that cheap.

Originally Posted by Smokey Eye /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried that & it didn't work that well for me. I'm going to try to return it because it's not that cheap. Really, hun? That sucks because you're right. It doesn't come cheap. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and I have success. It didn't work for me the first couple of times though. I adjusted my routine to where I was pleased with it. Are you using liquid fondation with it? I found that it doesn't work as well with it...

FLBlkBiBeauty, yes I do use it w/ a mixture of mostly liquid & stick foundation.bbUt, I've found my miracle mattifier...Phillip's Milk of Magnesia, although one day I may try the Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel that others have talked about too.

hmmm, tell me more about that. I have heard of milk of magnesia but never got around to trying it. Do you just rub on before MU?

I used to have this EXACT same problem and it has taken me about ten years to come up with something that ACTUALLY works. My skin is so oily, that about 3 hours after my makeup application, it would actually like slick off.... and then I would have no coverage. HEre is what I do now and I have no oil buildup and my makeup looks fresh for like TWELVE hours!

In this order:

1. Aveda Outer Peace Foaming Cleanser

2. Aveda Outer Peace Spot Treatment along my forehead and jawline to prevent and treat any blemishes

3. Aveda Outer Peace Moisturizer

4. Smashbox Photo Finish Face Primer

5. Mac Studio Fix applied with a sponge (1 layer)

6. DiorShow Airburhs Foundation sprayed on face

7. Aveda Inner Light Loose Powder all over to set

8. Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray (this stuff is new and AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! The first night I put it on after my makeup and slept in my makeup and it lasted the WHOLE next day. Almost a whole 24 hours! AMAZING)

Hope this helps?

Originally Posted by FLBlkBiBeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif hmmm, tell me more about that. I have heard of milk of magnesia but never got around to trying it. Do you just rub on before MU? Another poster on here (Sew Amazing) told me about Milk of Magnesia in another thread. It's quite liquidy (consistency of water), but I take a cosmetic sponge & wipe it all over my face & let it dry, then put on my makeup. This stuff really does WORK! I'm quite amazed w/ how well it works.

Originally Posted by Cookie1570 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used to have this EXACT same problem and it has taken me about ten years to come up with something that ACTUALLY works. My skin is so oily, that about 3 hours after my makeup application, it would actually like slick off.... and then I would have no coverage. HEre is what I do now and I have no oil buildup and my makeup looks fresh for like TWELVE hours!
In this order:

1. Aveda Outer Peace Foaming Cleanser

2. Aveda Outer Peace Spot Treatment along my forehead and jawline to prevent and treat any blemishes

3. Aveda Outer Peace Moisturizer

4. Smashbox Photo Finish Face Primer

5. Mac Studio Fix applied with a sponge (1 layer)

6. DiorShow Airburhs Foundation sprayed on face

7. Aveda Inner Light Loose Powder all over to set

8. Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray (this stuff is new and AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! The first night I put it on after my makeup and slept in my makeup and it lasted the WHOLE next day. Almost a whole 24 hours! AMAZING)

Hope this helps?

We have a very similar routine. This works for me as well. I'm glad to see someone else that the Urban Decay Setting spray helped!!

Originally Posted by Smokey Eye /img/forum/go_quote.gif Another poster on here (Sew Amazing) told me about Milk of Magnesia in another thread. It's quite liquidy (consistency of water), but I take a cosmetic sponge & wipe it all over my face & let it dry, then put on my makeup. This stuff really does WORK! I'm quite amazed w/ how well it works.
smile.gif
I'm glad you found something that suits you. What about the Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel? Would you just apply before MU? Is it really okay for the skin(won't cause breakouts)?

Back